Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

New name for our church

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ccilaredo

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. We have been looking to get a new name for our church. At the moment it seems too general and too long. On top of that, since we are a bilingual community near the border between Texas and Mexico, the church is commonly referred to both in English and in Spanish. The current name is: Christian Fellowship International/Compañerismo Cristiano Internacional.

We are looking for a short name preferably one word or two at the most. Do you guys have any recommendations or ideas?

What we have thusfar is:

Newsong
Quietsong (based on Zephaniah 3:17, the last two parts of the verse)
Strongtree
Fire Pillar
Remnant
We have had many others but these are the few favorites. Naturally, we will add Church or Ministries or some other identifier at the end of the name.

Please, we would really appreciate some feedback and suggestions. Thank you very much in advance! :biggrin

No suggestions for your church's name but WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :waving I'm guessing from your name your from Laredo. I've got some family down in Rio Grande City and in Harlingen. Again, welcome.

Westtexas

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. We have been looking to get a new name for our church. At the moment it seems too general and too long. On top of that, since we are a bilingual community near the border between Texas and Mexico, the church is commonly referred to both in English and in Spanish. The current name is: Christian Fellowship International/Compañerismo Cristiano Internacional.

We are looking for a short name preferably one word or two at the most. Do you guys have any recommendations or ideas?

What we have thusfar is:

Newsong
Strongtree
Fire Pillar
Remnant
We have had many others but these are the few favorites. Naturally, we will add Church or Ministries or some other identifier at the end of the name.

Please, we would really appreciate some feedback and suggestions. Thank you very much in advance! :biggrin

How about Christian Compañerismo?

Welcome!
I think the Holy Spirit helps us in choosing a name for a church. It is not enough to just give a church a name - The name Could be in existence already. That means two different churches sharing the same name. And I think that is one of the reasons why most churches take long names in order to avoid choosing an already existing name. E.g 'The Master's Vessel Ministries'

Some take names based on dominant culture in the church. E.g Praisers - they do music alot in this church, FOTM - they pray quite often, etc.

'christian' is good as suggested by the second poster. But you could add Something to it to differentiate it from possibly existing names.
E.g Christian Life abbreviated as CL
How about God's Love, GL? :biggrin (John 3:16)

We've got a "Christian Life" church at the bottom of my road. Unfortunately, their clever graphic designer put the stylized cross right behind the word "life". Now when you read it it looks like "Christian LiTe" which makes me giggle every time I drive by.

We've got a "Christian Life" church at the bottom of my road. Unfortunately, their clever graphic designer put the stylized cross right behind the word "life". Now when you read it it looks like "Christian LiTe" which makes me giggle every time I drive by.

:lol One hell of a coincidence! It is possible there are other churches with the same name Christian Life.
Christian Lite? :) Maybe one has to pull over...and polish off Something!:biggrin :pepsi

:lol One hell of a coincidence! It is possible there are other churches with the same name Christian Life.
Christian Lite? :) Maybe one has to pull over...and polish off Something!:biggrin :pepsi

I always thought of it as LITE like "all the Resurrection and none of the Hell!" Except that this church is a real bible-thumpin' brimstone-preaching hellfire kinda place. Which makes me laugh even more. 'Cause maybe they mean LITE as in "light" like, FIRE.

I always thought of it as LITE like "all the Resurrection and none of the Hell!" Except that this church is a real bible-thumpin' brimstone-preaching hellfire kinda place. Which makes me laugh even more. 'Cause maybe they mean LITE as in "light" like, FIRE.

Alright rhea! :biggrin
Do you even know such churches exist? I know many of them.
They (or some ) truly have the Word of God but...

What we have thusfar is:
Newsong
Strongtree
Fire Pillar
Remnant

CHURCH, maybe? At least its short.

Alright rhea! :biggrin
Do you even know such churches exist? I know many of them.
They (or some ) truly have the Word of God but...

Do I even know the "all the resurrection, none of the hell" type? Yeah, My daughter sings in choir at one of those. They don't even say "Our Father" for the prayer, they say, "Our Creator". The pamphlet one week said,

"Our Father/Mother/Creator, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name..."
They are a great group of people.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back