Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New To Christianity.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jaxyy

I am new to Christianity, I was brought up in an Atheist household so never learnt about any religion. What advice would you give?

First and foremost, Christianity is about relationships. First with our Lord and second with our neighbors.

The word Christian comes from the Bible and simply means Christ follower. Christ is a Greek word and the Hebrew word for Christ is messiah. Jesus is the Christ / Messiah. Jesus is the promised one. He will never leave nor forsake you and he shows us the way that leads to fullness and unshakable joy.

Read the four gospels and let them speak to you as you get to know who Jesus is and what he did and seek to be like Jesus because you can, and in many ways.

You have just entered into an amazing relationship with one who loves you more than you currently understand and as you mature in His love, great things will amaze you, even through troubled times.

Hiiii! If you can, try to look for a good local church. Most of them have websites these days, and you can find a statement of faith on there to help you determine if it's a good church or not.

Welcome as a fellow brother in Christ!!

Reading the Bible regualry is a great first step and also find a good church, evenifigoalone tips are excellent as checking the theology is critical and going with someone is ideal. A study bible is good as they usually provide great cross references and extra information to assist. NIV is a good modern translation and their study bible is great.

As far as the four Gospels go, each was written to a different audience at the time and with a differnt purpose and don;t need to be read in any particular order.
  • Matthew: Written to a Jewish audience and contains a genealogy of Jesus at the beginning. Written in part to show how Jesus fulfilled Old Testament prophesy and is the the Messiah.
  • Mark: A shorter "highlights" account of Jesus' ministry. Considered to be an eyewitness account.
  • Luke: A third party acount and probably used earlier gospels as a source along with first hand accounts of other Apostles. It's purpose is set out in the first few verses. Given its breadth & style,this is often a good Gospel to read first. Part 2 of the narrative is a bit further on in the Bible in the book of Acts. This describes the events and growth of the early church and the author Luke actually joins the narrative part way through and becomes an eyewitness himself.
  • John: This is an eyewitness account that sets out to prove that Jesus is the Son of God by selctig a number of key events to support the writer's proposition.

God Bless!!

Hiiii! If you can, try to look for a good local church. Most of them have websites these days, and you can find a statement of faith on there to help you determine if it's a good church or not.
I find those can be out there or very limited .

I did that too find a church in ga for jaci and I simply had to attend .

Even then I picked the elders brain.i wish it was simple but when you don't have any knowledge you are vulnerable

I am new to Christianity, I was brought up in an Atheist household so never learnt about any religion. What advice would you give?
I would love to hear how you went from being raied in an atheist household to beign a Christian. This journey is often called a Testimony and is often a powerful wat to demonstrate and understand how God can work in people's lives.

Everyone's Testimony is different.

Love to read yours if you feel comfortable, happy to share mine if you are interested.

Hi @jaxxy

Welcome! You know that the Scriptures tell us that the angels rejoice when one comes to the truth of God. So you just sit there and consider that you've made angels dance (or whatever angels do to rejoice).

As explained, Christianity is all about a relationship with Jesus. Through that relationship we have access to our God and Creator. The real practice of christianity should make us a better person as we strive to mold our life to live as Jesus has asked us to. How long have you been a believer?

God bless,
Ted

Been curious for 3 ish weeks, believed for about 2/3 days
Hi Jaxyy

Well yes!! Those angels may still be dancing today.

Do you have any questions about your faith that I might help you with?

My advice would be what I did when I came to faith in Jesus. I got down on my knees by my bedside and I prayed for about 4-5 minutes just diligently and repeatedly asking that God, through His Holy Spirit would give me wisdom and understanding of His word. I also beseeched Him for an unquenchable thirst to know Him and His word.

My testimony is that for about 6 months of good hard reading and studying, God answered my prayer. He did give me an unquenchable thirst to know Him and His word. Just as Paul spent some time alone when he first came to faith learning what it was all about.

Feel free to PM me if you do have questions that you may not want to put up on the boards.

God bless,
Ted

I could try to, its more the acutal event of going in and sitting down
May I suggest checking out the christianityexplored Web site for a church in your area.
If they are running this course sign up for it, otherwise contact them.
I am sure they would arrange to meet for coffee, so you can get to know them and arrange to attend church with them, meeting outside and going in with them.

You could also ask about how the service is structured, whether you have to stand, kneel and when to do this.
If they have on .I've services, watch a coup.e to get an idea of how they go.

Be converted and become a Christian! Belief or embracing Christianity is not enough and doesn't mean or make you a Christian. Read the book of Acts also referred to as the book of conversions. When you look at the various examples and put them all together, you'll find that the following is required.
1. Belief and faith
2. Confession of your belief
3. Repentance
4. Baptism for the remission of sins

See the conversion of the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8. He believed, he confessed, and was immediately baptized.

Also note the conversion of the Jews on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2. They believed, were told to repent, and be baptized for the remission of sins. They were then added to the body of Christ by the Lord. See Acts 2:38-47

I would start with genesis first. Its important to understand the beginning. God created everything. What happened in garden of eden, chapter 3. Theirs false doctrine about a apple. The sin in the garden of eden was serpent beguiled eve, sexual relations. Adam and eve covered themselves with fig leaves. Corinthians chapter 11 to document serpent, who is devil, holy seduced eve. Eve had twins, Cain and abel. Two different fathers. Many churches won't teach about the kenites. Genesis 15:19. First chronicles 2:55. . Who are the kenites?? The kenites are offspring of Cain. God placed curse, a mark on Cain and his descendants. Because Cain murdered his brother abel. Why did God allow them to continue?? God uses them to fulfill bible prophecy. How?? First Corinthians chapter 2. The mystery of God is hidden from many people. The kenites infiltrated the priesthood before Jesus was born in divine flesh. These false religious leaders, kenites, had Jesus crucified. They did out of ignorance. They fulfilled bible prophecy of psalm chapter 22. Judas iscariot was kenite , and fulfilled bible prophecy by betraying Jesus at the last supper, just before Passover. Its important to read from genesis, and then exodus, and so on. The old testament is important. You need to understand the beginning. I would invest in buying a king James companion bible and strong concordance. It will help you immensely with your bible study. Destiny publishers sells these books. Google their phone number and call them. I have both.

Back