Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New to Faith

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hello! My name's Amanda. I was raised by Christian parents but religion was never a huge part of our lives growing up, other than prayer at Christmas and Thanksgiving and whenever we visited our more religious relatives. I remember going to church and Bible Study when I was really young - glimpses that feel more dream-like than anything so I must have been 4-6 when we stopped. I abandoned faith for a few years in high school but I was very lonely then despite all the "friends" I made. Times have been hard and it gets a lot easier when I pray and read the Bible. I'm trying really hard to bring Jesus back into my life and to become a good Christian. I sought an online forum because I'm not ready to go to my nearby church yet ... I'm hoping I can meet some nice people here, learn more about the faith and worship, and maybe gather the confidence I need to step out and meet the fellow Christians in my city :)

Cheers!
God bless :)

Hi Shamrock Lassie and it's a pleasure to welcome you to these forums in Jesus' name. In your quest make the word of God your constant companion and you will grow in knowledge of Him at a surprising rate, and fellowship among Christians here will assure and comfort you in the way. If you have questions just ask and you may have different veins of thought given, but use the word to prove all things to you. May you receive a blessing as you spend time here and I look forward to your posts.
:wave

Hi Amanda and welcome. As Eugene said, pray, read and meditate on God's word as you embark on your walk with Him. I'm only a recent arrival, but can tell you our brothers and sisters in Christ here are a great bunch of people who will answer any questions you have.
blessings in Christ

:wavingWelcome to the forum Amanda.

I particularly like the title of your post "New to Faith", specifically the word "faith", because that's what following Christ is. It's more than a religion, it's a relationship with Christ.

I hope you find a good church that's right for you, but even if you don't your personal relationship with Christ is what will give you the guidance and faith you need to build relationships in the body of Christ, ie....the Church.

I know that visiting a church can be intimidating at times. Like any relationship, we seek others who share our interest, but the relationship we have with Christ is so different from just a church, or a religion. I hope it leads you to build the relationships with other Christians where you live, and I think it will.

Glad your here.

Hi Amanda and welcome!:wave
I'm new to Faith too but everyone here is really friendly and helpful.
Enjoy your journey with Christ.

Mark

Welcome Amanda,

1) I'm glad to hear you are working to grow closer to Christ. There is not else in life that is more important then this!
2) You said "I'm trying really hard to bring Jesus back into my life" - That is the easy part. No matter how you have abandoned Church, no matter how you have lived your life, no matter how often you continue to mess us, Jesus is always read and willing to be in your life. He simply wants you to whole hartedly pray and accept Him as Lord and Savior!
3) You will find a lot of help here to answer your questions. Look around at different Churches when your ready. Visit as many as you need to until you find one you like. Not every Church is perfect to everyone. Trust in Him and he will lead you to where you should be!

God Bless!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back