Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New Truck!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

John

I am picking up a truck on friday. It is a 1988 GMC C2500 5.7l V8. It has 129xxx Miles on it and it is in decent shape. 500$

Anyone familiar with these trucks?

John said:
I am picking up a truck on friday. It is a 1988 GMC C2500 5.7l V8. It has 129xxx Miles on it and it is in decent shape. 500$

Anyone familiar with these trucks?
is that in kilometers or english, and yes i am familiar with those. It has the throttle body injection if i'm not mistaken. is it 2wd or 4wd?

Miles. Not Canadameters. It is the 2WD model. This truck came from the US. I am buying it from the same guy who sold me the Jeep. Strange how he wants so much less for this. 500$ truck VS 2000$ Jeep of equal milage and condtion. :confused

Yes the Jeep was a 4x4 and the truck is not but i don;t think the addition of a 4x4 is worth 1500$ extra.

watch for that leak that can occur from the intake manifold near the heater outlet. and also the power steering pumps tend to leak at high miles.

John said:
Is the engine block cast iron or aluminum?
iron block with aluminum heads, btw that isnt a problem any more.

aluminum air frames are used all the time.

shoot ford and chevy now use plastic intake manifolds.

The only big red flag that hits me is why the valve covers look freshly painted.
129,000 miles isn't bad if the oil was changed regularly etc. But somebody had to take the valve covers off to paint them. My question is simply "Why".

I suppose I'd look to see if there is any gasket sealer pushing out the sides of the intake, water pump or especially the oil pan or timing cover as it could indicate a new cam, timing belt or at the least new lifters. :shrug

Well i put 500 kms on here since the last time i posted here. Thus far nothing major, i have a tire that has a slow leak and once in a while it feels like she is having a hard time when you press the gas or let go of the gas. I think it may be the fuel pump.

I still need to do an oil change and flush the brake fluid, also the brakes are bad, every time i slow down i turn heads :rolling

John said:
Well i put 500 kms on here since the last time i posted here. Thus far nothing major, i have a tire that has a slow leak and once in a while it feels like she is having a hard time when you press the gas or let go of the gas. I think it may be the fuel pump.

I still need to do an oil change and flush the brake fluid, also the brakes are bad, every time i slow down i turn heads :rolling
gas demand is hardest when the load is the heaviest. idle may too low. and may have to adjust it, i would clean the throttle body.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back