Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Not everyone will be saved

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Elysian

Shalom,

I am a new Christian from India, a Lutheran. After a lot of studying and meditation, I've come to the conclusion that not everyone will be saved; God has chosen a few to save, the elect. This is probably why he allowed pagan religions to flourish in the first place. Jesus chose us before we chose him.:biglol

Second, suffering on some level is inevitable for a Christian. Those who preach prosperity gospel or whatever are fake; they are simply trying to appeal to the idolators of the modern world. Islamic preachers are far more sincere than these 'Christian' preachers who teach people the power of money rather than the power of Christ.

Yeah, that's it for now.:wave

Shalom,

I am a new Christian from India, a Lutheran. After a lot of studying and meditation, I've come to the conclusion that not everyone will be saved; God has chosen a few to save, the elect. This is probably why he allowed pagan religions to flourish in the first place. Jesus chose us before we chose him.:biglol

Second, suffering on some level is inevitable for a Christian. Those who preach prosperity gospel or whatever are fake; they are simply trying to appeal to the idolators of the modern world. Islamic preachers are far more sincere than these 'Christian' preachers who teach people the power of money rather than the power of Christ.

Doin' great so far :)

Shalom,

:thumbsup Sounds like we're reading the same bible. :study

Shalom,

Focus on Gods will, his commands and walking Christ like. :yes

Elysia,

Grace and Peace!! WELCOME:wave!! Great conclusion you have, but, it's in the WORD! But glad you are reading. There is not just the elect, there is the multitude ( funny people dont mention all those sheep!!:yes!!). But I think this is what you meant by ELECT ( thanks to GOD sending me a messenger to let me realize you may still be talking about the ELECT when I am saying multitude), but just in case here are some passages to pray and meditate on:

MATTHEW 22:14:
14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

REVELATIONS 19:6-9
6 Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:

“Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
7 Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
8 Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear.”
(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.) 9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”

DANIEL 12:10
10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

You are right that GOD allowed pagan religions and even false prophets in HIS belief to flourish because HE chose us before the foundation of the earth. But be careful not to judge those in those pagan religions, because like them, we are sinners. GOD can take them out and change them just like HE works on us daily. In the end times, no one knows the full remnant saved. We do ourselves a grave mistake looking at people in the current situation and think they are not saved. Just for that kind of talk, GOD can take them and leave us. GOD loves to test people before HE shows HIS glory to them. Even after, HE still loves to test them.

JOHN 10:14-15:
14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

LUKE 17:20-21
20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

MATTHEW 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

JOB 10:16
16 If I hold my head high, you stalk me like a lion
and again display your awesome power against me.

PROBVERBS 3:11-12
11 My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline,
and do not resent his rebuke,
12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
as a father the son he delights in.

HEBREWS 12:11
11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Lastly, never label sin. If you see something is fake, why give it promotion. Jesus knew what Mary did with many men. HE never called her the names the Pharisees and men of the town were calling her. HE only said, " Your sins, and they are many are forgiven!". Many that label sins and " forms" of Christianity or any belief ( as their is no such thing), they only promote the evil they see. Its what evil wants. Thats why JESUS says to beware of the Pharisees and their ways. HE didnt say exactly what they did, HE just said to watch out for their charateristics ( fruit). Humans are sinners. Doesnt matter what " faction " they belong to. There are people steadfast in faith or not in every belief. Then there are people seeking. There is no differences in the hearts of men out of these three aspects. But only GOD knows their hearts. We know nothing but assumptions on people. Which is not enough to judge them. Thats why JESUS says to love our enemies, because this can change them. Calling someone fake, phony, etc...is not going to be too great on bringing them in.

LUKE 7:36-50:

36 When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table. 37 A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume. 38 As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.
39 When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.”
40 Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to tell you.”
“Tell me, teacher,” he said.
41 “Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii,[c] and the other fifty. 42 Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?”
43 Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven.”
“You have judged correctly,” Jesus said.
44 Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”
48 Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”
49 The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?” 50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

LUKE 11-37-52
37 When Jesus had finished speaking, a Pharisee invited him to eat with him; so he went in and reclined at the table. 38 But the Pharisee was surprised when he noticed that Jesus did not first wash before the meal.

39 Then the Lord said to him, “Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. 40 You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also? 41 But now as for what is inside you—be generous to the poor, and everything will be clean for you.
42 “Woe to you Pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without leaving the former undone.
43 “Woe to you Pharisees, because you love the most important seats in the synagogues and respectful greetings in the marketplaces.
44 “Woe to you, because you are like unmarked graves, which people walk over without knowing it.”
45 One of the experts in the law answered him, “Teacher, when you say these things, you insult us also.”
46 Jesus replied, “And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them.
47 “Woe to you, because you build tombs for the prophets, and it was your ancestors who killed them. 48 So you testify that you approve of what your ancestors did; they killed the prophets, and you build their tombs. 49 Because of this, God in his wisdom said, ‘I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will kill and others they will persecute.’ 50 Therefore this generation will be held responsible for the blood of all the prophets that has been shed since the beginning of the world, 51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell you, this generation will be held responsible for it all. 52 “Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering.”

MATTHEW 5:43-48
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

STAY READ!!:)!! STAY FED:)!! STAY IN PRAYER, FASTING, and STAY ENCOURAGED!!

jesus4life

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back