Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Not sure what to do with my life.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Perrinlan

After high school I started working for an electrician. I did that for a year then got fired and then started working for another electrician. I was laid from that about half a year later. At first I liked being in that field of work but over time the people stared wearing on me and being fired twice really discouraged me. This May I started working at a christian camp and I did that full time until the end of august. I still go back whenever they need me but it's kind of a long drive. My dad doesn't mind me going up once a week but he does want me to get a full time job. Or go to college. I do love working at this camp but I know I probably can't make it a full time job. So i'm trying to figure out what to do, but I have no idea what. Every time I find something I might like, I talk my self out of it. Could you please pray that I listen to what God wants me to do with my life.

Hi Brother Perrinlan, and this is seemingly a no brainer for me to advise you towards. It's apparent you're young, feeling your way through finding you, and prayerfully trusting God to reveal your future, but if you in any manner can get the education prior to being tied down, DO IT.
Take all necessary core classes before even thinking of a Major and allow your maturity to choose that and your Minor as you become aware of opportunities available even through counseling. To me Community College was an option allowing me to carry less hours keeping the cost down, and permitting me to continue earning wages to live on.
I will sure be in prayer for you to find, and trust God for the direction or paths He wants to lead you. Blessings in Christ Jesus.
:wave2

The first key is to realize that life is a test.
Its a test to see if you will make stupid mistakes that you knew not to commit, or will you take the obvious path to success and happiness instead.
Always remember that you get the life you choose.

So, first realize that you need a home and a good source of income.
That is test #1 and most people never pass this test early in their life when its easier to pass.
This is the universal test that if not passed correctly will lead to misery, eventually.
Without those 2 being satisfied, you will never be able to rest or find any peace in life.
There is no such thing as a happy 40 year old who does not have a home and financial security.
There is nothing worse then living in uncertainty, and there is nothing more uncertain then finding yourself older and mostly broke and paying rent that you can barely afford.
So, just accept that you have to solve this #1 problem, and do it by the time you are 25.
Do not live to be 40 and still have no sure place to live that is YOURS.

Other then that...
Fill your life's resume' with accomplishments that will help you build your life in a way that makes God happy and satisfies you as a person.
Habitually face your fears.......never never never let your fears win, as the important issues you run from will eventually severely harm your life if you dont face them when you should.
If Jesus tarries and you are allowed to finish your normal life span, then i can promise you that you wont like being alone when you are older. So, at some point you are going to want a family, and that is why its so very important to have established your financial and home life early on so that having a family is a blessing and not bitter poverty.

You mentioned College.
You should go.
You should start a small business that is based on your favorite things, or your one true love, or some talent you have that is better then average.
Work is not work if you love what you do.
The fact is, anything which equips you to be useful and effective and successful in life, you should do, and remember to keep your life as simple as possible by letting go quickly of what will never work out., be it relationships, or anything that wont matter to you when you are 40 years old.

After high school I started working for an electrician. I did that for a year then got fired and then started working for another electrician. I was laid from that about half a year later. At first I liked being in that field of work but over time the people stared wearing on me and being fired twice really discouraged me. This May I started working at a christian camp and I did that full time until the end of august. I still go back whenever they need me but it's kind of a long drive. My dad doesn't mind me going up once a week but he does want me to get a full time job. Or go to college. I do love working at this camp but I know I probably can't make it a full time job. So i'm trying to figure out what to do, but I have no idea what. Every time I find something I might like, I talk my self out of it. Could you please pray that I listen to what God wants me to do with my life.

Instead of praying that you listen, just listen. They should be teaching how to hear the Spirit of the Lord in Church. If not, find a church that teaches what is yours and how to apply it.

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
(Jas 1:5-6)

Hearing God is pretty simple as the scripture says........ ASK HIM. If you ask, then IT SHALL BE GIVEN. Nothing complicated about this.

The next part is, Let him ask in Faith. Anything you get from God works through faith like this.

What's faith look like? It's pretty simple, you know once you have asked God, then you don't fret over anything else, just be faithful in what your doing now, even chores at home. Asking God for a main thing like a Job, has to mean your faithful in little things, so make the bed. Another believer is most likely asking God for the right employee somewhere, but God is not going to send them someone who is not faithful in little. That m.eans qualify yourself to be picked.

Then rest, and know God heard, and when it comes up, it will just seem right to you, you will feel that pull, it will seem like nothing else is what your suppose to be doing. God puts in us things that pull us in the directions we are suppose to go, it's written he is ever completing the Works He started in you, never stopping.

So ask, Be faithful in what things you have to do now, be at peace knowing it's answered and God is more than able to get it across to you. Through a billboard, TV, website, anything, it will just jump at you.

Mike.

Instead of praying that you listen, just listen. They should be teaching how to hear the Spirit of the Lord in Church. If not, find a church that teaches what is yours and how to apply it.

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
(Jas 1:5-6)

Hearing God is pretty simple as the scripture says........ ASK HIM. If you ask, then IT SHALL BE GIVEN. Nothing complicated about this.

The next part is, Let him ask in Faith. Anything you get from God works through faith like this.

What's faith look like? It's pretty simple, you know once you have asked God, then you don't fret over anything else, just be faithful in what your doing now, even chores at home. Asking God for a main thing like a Job, has to mean your faithful in little things, so make the bed. Another believer is most likely asking God for the right employee somewhere, but God is not going to send them someone who is not faithful in little. That m.eans qualify yourself to be picked.

Then rest, and know God heard, and when it comes up, it will just seem right to you, you will feel that pull, it will seem like nothing else is what your suppose to be doing. God puts in us things that pull us in the directions we are suppose to go, it's written he is ever completing the Works He started in you, never stopping.

So ask, Be faithful in what things you have to do now, be at peace knowing it's answered and God is more than able to get it across to you. Through a billboard, TV, website, anything, it will just jump at you.

Mike.
Brother Mike
I was going to respond from the same perspective, however reading yours reminded me of my error. So thank you. Your posts remind me of tough love, necessary truth that must be told! And Perrinlan God will direct you steps. Like Bro Mike stated, ask in faith and with patience, rest knowing God is in control. I will also take my own advice. I pray the Heavenly Father who knows all and is all cover you with His wings and divinely orders your steps to fulfil your role in the Kingdom of God.

Romans 1:19
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

I often look at the electrical system of the human heart (made by God). The electrical systems in some manmade items do not seem to teach about God quite as well. An outside electrian might glance at nature.

There is no way for me to do more than present the above scripture for your consideration. A farmer may see more of nature, but Brother Mike is hitting on the need of the Holy Spirit to fully open your mind. Looking at creation with our carnal mind does not fully expand all that is there.

Open the door. Revelation 3:20

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back