Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Now I have heard it all

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Lewis

Judge in California orders serial rapist's release
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27553652

A man who raped and assaulted at least 40 women has been ordered to live in a remote California community, despite objections from residents there.

_75075457_hubbart_ap304.jpg

A man who raped and assaulted at least 40

drug dealers and pimps and worse are free in ( ..........), because they have enough money for a lawyer , and 10 people who let their dog run free are sitting in jail for weeks - because they don't have the money for bail !!!

(..........) = "many communities" in the untied states.

It is a good thing to read through the Old Testament for everyone, at least if they have a way to get a proper understanding of it.
But with all the good,
there are things that are even worse than anything here. But I don't think they should be picked out to read because of that -- first read much of the good(start with Genesis or Psalms or as God directs) because otherwise the context of what's so bad won't 'fit' with God's overall Plan that is entirely Perfect when seen His Way.

God in The Bible gives some very very strict instructions of what to do(in the NT) with someone in the assembly if they are simply greedy, let alone so tragically wicked. (and likewise various other hidden or open acts of hurtful rebellion and/or disobedience that become known).

But since the assemblies (at least the ones I've seen in the u.s.a) are not even keeping a modicum of what is right (they sometimes get fidgety or embarrassed when someone asks them about what they are doing or not doing; and sometimes just outright hostile that any preacher might have the sheer audacity to bring up their approval and practice of sin within their assembly ! )

what is the lowly sage-brush to do ?

( a reference to a man getting on one of Britain's buses, with "no-smoking" signs very prominently displayed,
and the DRIVER is openly puffing away with no regard for the rules --- the man asked, if the mighty oak is burning, what is the lowly sage-brush to do ? )

It is not gossip.It is the truth.

while not supporting either side of this, (I am on the Lord's side.),

note that 'gossip' is simply speaking or posting something sensational or emotional for the effects it has.
Gossip - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster ...
Full Definition of GOSSIP 1 a dial British : godparent b : companion , crony c : a person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others.....

whether it is true or not doesn't change whether or not it is gossip.

Yes,that is how I would appoach this.I would never say "This man needs to be hung".The Bible says "Vengence is mine said the Lord".
But then there are those who say we are still under the Old Testament law, and OT Law would require this man be stoned to death. This is a good example of why I don't believe we are still under OT Law.

Saul was not a rapist. According to the article this man is not repentive the doctors say he is well...

Back