Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Obamacare repeal fails in U.S. Senate, 49-51

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Why healthcare?.....why not a substantial retirement account?.......or any myriad of things that many people do without?
We each have our passions. As a tax payer I can have a say where my dollar goes. I'm for healthcare for all however it comes about as long as everyone has access to the same treatments.
I am also for a reduced military.

I assume you are also a viable tax payer. You have the right to have a say where your dollar goes as well. This is what makes our country great.

No thanks,we can't afford it.the more debt we go into the weaker the dollar and the poor get poorer.
Then you must be pretty proud of the Republicans who want to slash healthcare and then raise the debt ceiling to pay for a bigger, stronger military.

Then you must be pretty proud of the Republicans who want to slash healthcare and then raise the debt ceiling to pay for a bigger, stronger military.
I never said that.you must be proud that the Democrats took military retirements,and also ignored the servicemembers one tanf.I do think see we need to spend on updating things, and
Also yes that's another thread.

I see.

It's ironic in a way.
I read a story in the bible where a man was robbed, beat up and left for dead on the side of the road.
A leader of a religious group saw the man, and moved to the other side of the road and kept walking because he read in his religion that if he touched a dead man, he couldn't perform is religious duties.

Another religious fellow saw the man, and did the same as his religious leader.

Lastly, a vagabond and low life scumsucker saw the man and bound up his wounds. He then took the man and paid for a warm, safe place where he would be taken care of and covered all the injured man's Wounds.

It's odd the the scumsucker didn't Iknow anything about the man left for dead or faulted him for walking alone or any other reasons why he brought this robbing and beating upon himself. Instead, he saw a need and helped.

It's amazing to me how our national GDP is more important than our environment or our citizens. We don't seem to have an issue spending trillions on wars that could have been avoided, and we don't mind raising the national debt ceiling to pay for them.

But in the same notion, social security is borrowed from and left in debt and for those who to no fault of their own, their own bodies have robbed them of their health and have beat themselves up for dead. And as a nation, we just cross to the other side of the road and keep walking.

Yeah, we certainly look at this issue differently and the vision I have for our great country is a bit different than yours. But then again,I don't recall hearing your vision.
It is ironic how you and the rest of the Left ignore what scripture says except certain Cherry Picked passages.The entire Bible is of a single context and that being salvation. It is authored/inspired by our Master, Jesus from "In the beginning..." through the very last verse of Rev. 22, He inspired others to write His message. (John 1:1-3} The verse you misused in your post ties directly to 2thes. 2:10! You are taking the wrong side of this important issue, perhaps because you have never been involved in it but I have worked with people, deeply involved in ripping the Government off for decades for their income, money they used to stay high and party with... Tax Money you and every citizen pays.

The basic truth is, there are two, major, classes of people on the SSD and SSI Programs. There are the honestly disabled, that was me until I was old enough to draw my Social Security but after my Agent Orange induced MS caused me right leg to give way and dropped me from the Top step (floor board level) to the ground. And at sixty-three I was forced onto SSD as was my wife the year before when the company noticed her Back was beginning to hump from the Osteoporoses.

People in that situation, certainly deserve to be on SSD, just as the young lady, on these forums, a few days ago with Lupus and a baby tha cannot work any longer and the father took off deserves it but then there is that other class we once called Bums! They do not intend to ever work for anything.

These people, coupled with the Pure Politician digging into the fund to pay for Korea, Vietnam and who knows what else have depleted what should have been an excess and now we pay the honest and the Bums out of the regular Tax Fund that was intended to operate the government with. The entire system requires revamping and those that cannot remain sober and those that cannot be certified by an appointed doctor as handicapped every other year need to, as scripture directs.

Your scripture and the 2Thes. passage are not in conflict but are concerning two peoples. I'm sorry, but what you is not scriptural.

Your Communist Leaning party of the Democrats began the current problems with LBJ and the Great Society. The Democratic Party is no longer the Working Man's Party.

When Abe Lincoln was elected the Republican Party, brand new then, was considered to be left leaning and he freed the Slaves. In my youth it was considered to be the Rich Man's Party. Today, I dislike the move of the GOP to te left but they, no longer are the Left, the Party I grew out of has moved so far Left as to no longer be desired to be in power.

Your Communist Leaning party of the Democrats began the current problems with LBJ and the Great Society. The Democratic Party is no longer the Working Man's Party.

When Abe Lincoln was elected the Republican Party, brand new then, was considered to be left leaning and he freed the Slaves. In my youth it was considered to be the Rich Man's Party. Today, I dislike the move of the GOP to te left but they, no longer are the Left, the Party I grew out of has moved so far Left as to no longer be desired to be in power.
You don't even know me.... so it is, as you say kind sir.

Back