Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

old homes in my area, and from yours

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
the parkway motel/ parkway plaza was supposed to be the style for the entire street shown called miracle mile in those days. only that edifice was like it. the other was built and it similar in nature but im not sure if its the same time frame. it is as close to it. as all older photos will show these three. patio(additions being shown in later times), the above 2, and one other. I can post those if you all like. there was a massive hotel called royal park in. it was long gone but pretty big for such a small town. the other edifice called old south auto sales was once a bar, pizza joint then a bar then now this.

this had a large swimming pool with the image of ponce de leon at the bottom of it. swimming lessons were taught here. when this was built the population of vero wasn't more then a few thousand. one of a lot of hotels which was common back thenView attachment 6268

No. Your just knowledgable!

My favorite so far is the one from the 1910s.
the catholic church? that is still here but a bit updated and the steeple and steps aren't on it. its used for a kindgarten classroom/library and was moved to the north east corner of the lot.seen on the right of the larger edifice.View attachment 6269

ah more sexton's stuff. the driftwood inn, Waldo Sexton's masterpiece.this image is the tripson/sexton home. it is made of driftwood. it also has a few memories for me. I remember eating eggs underneath the back of it as a kid with preaching or prayer. It couldn't have been older then 6. it was prior to hurricane david which after this he closed a few years later. say 1984? at I know that at age 10 I wasn't going there. anyway. enjoy. driftwood coming upView attachment 6271

there is another there as well that has some driftwood and is unique too to the west that they still live in . the owner of the patio restaurant and descendent of sexton lives there. ralph sexton died last year but before he died, somehow the tripson family which is married into the sextons owned that. its a bit confusing for me with these guys as they have the tripson-sexton. bishop-sexton and just plain sexton and bishop and tripson.notice the similiarties. this just one room. for the fb page.https://www.facebook.com/driftwood.veroView attachment 6272

that is also one of the beach references I use when im looking at vero's beach as that is easily found in the topos with the sexton plaza and the golf course to the south of it which is still there.

uhm if I lived in st. Augustine I would counter that with pictures. st Augustine predates American colony by half a century.
Jason there are a few places with just as old stuff, in the USA all on the upper east coast. But Philadelphia is the reason that you have electric and a stove and eyeglasses and the first printed Bible in America was done just blocks from my house, the first slave protest was done around the corner from my house, I can keep going but just take a look at what Franklin did.
http://www.ushistory.org/franklin/info/inventions.htm

I know that but you did imply that it was the oldest in America when it wasn't. florida is the earliest settlement in the new world that lasted. not new England but as a state is the youngest as far settlement I can post images of school houses on the beach that are gone but where they were and its not even over three generations ago. one of them I will post later on. my brother was married in that school house.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back