Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

old homes in my area, and from yours

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
shapeimage_2_full.png

This is the Goodspeed Train Station. It is right across the river from the Opera House. When I was a kid the trains were still running but it was no longer used as a train station. It was a Feed and Grain store.

I do have a train station to post. I have the old images and new. it is now the indian river county historical society home. one of two locations.

IMG_0002.JPG
images

The Spirit of 76 Bed & Breakfast, Higganum CT. On the smaller pic. the huge painting depicts soldiers in a screen of the Revolutionary War. Built 1841.
Higganum and Haddam are adjoining small towns they share a school system, etc.

saltbox.jpg
images
This house is in Haddam. I chose it to show the architectural design called a salt box. It's called that because it's shaped just like an old salt box. :wink

Last edited:
I'm glad Deborah is posting buildings in Connecticut, where she grew up. Here's one from my Connecticut town:

francis-gillette.jpg

1834 Greek revival style stone house, built by Francis Gillette, politician, lecturer, and abolitionist. This style of house is pretty common in Connecticut, and most - including the Gillette house - were part of the underground railroad.

Seems kind of small, and dark...no windows. Neighbors are kind of quiet though, I bet. Quiet and not much crime, people are probably dying to get into a place like that.
And it stinks in there, what could that smell be:shrug

I'm glad Deborah is posting buildings in Connecticut, where she grew up. Here's one from my Connecticut town:

francis-gillette.jpg

1834 Greek revival style stone house, built by Francis Gillette, politician, lecturer, and abolitionist. This style of house is pretty common in Connecticut, and most - including the Gillette house - were part of the underground railroad.
I really like these homes built with rock, probably granite.
I've been thinking about posting Gillette Castle. Gillette Castle is so quirky, it was built by Francis' son William who was an actor/playwright. Maybe you would like to do that?

I really like these homes built with rock, probably granite.
I've been thinking about posting Gillette Castle. Gillette Castle is so quirky, it was built by Francis' son William who was an actor/playwright. Maybe you would like to do that?

Oh, Deb, I think you should post that. Gillette Castle is close to where you grew up.

I should post my mothers home. if I can get an addy I will use google earth. it is in nagatuck, ct. mom is from there.

I should post my mothers home. if I can get an addy I will use google earth. it is in nagatuck, ct. mom is from there.
I wish I could do that from google maps, street view. There are some really neat, old places that I can't fine online.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back