Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Opening up old wounds

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Maybe I felt that yesterday. At the physio.
" You've forgotten how to do that exercise I showed you already?" I felt humiliated and sensed a tone of impatience in his voice. I felt like a child again. A helpless child. With no one to turn to.
It triggered something that is for sure.

Don't you have the fear that others can see some fault in you. Some imperfection, that you have overlooked. A blind spot?
Constantly search your heart with the Holy Spirit. Whenever you find a judgmental/manipulative thought/motive/action identify/repent/atone. Practice this on yourself and appreciate when others find it in you. In this way you and the Lord train you to be the best you at that point in time. You will begin to see how you can more easily identify deceit in others.
Now, with that said, I am a very sensitive soul. I am easily hurt. I am easily made to doubt myself. My intentions. My motives. I'm constantly awaiting confirmation with each step I take to cautiously confirm I am within the will of my Lord.
Did I say the right thing? Did I do the right thing? Did I have the other person's best interest at heart? Am I serving myself? The list goes on and on..........Help me Father.

Constantly search your heart with the Holy Spirit. Whenever you find a judgmental/manipulative thought/motive/action identify/repent/atone. Practice this on yourself and appreciate when others find it in you. In this way you and the Lord train you to be the best you at that point in time. You will begin to see how you can more easily identify deceit in others.
Now, with that said, I am a very sensitive soul. I am easily hurt. I am easily made to doubt myself. My intentions. My motives. I'm constantly awaiting confirmation with each step I take to cautiously confirm I am within the will of my Lord.
Did I say the right thing? Did I do the right thing? Did I have the other person's best interest at heart? Am I serving myself? The list goes on and on..........Help me Father.
I'm sensing your suffering is far greater than mine. Your courage and spirituality are impressive. thanks.

I think pain can sometimes be an opportunity to enter into the realm of Jesus' suffering. I am in no way suggesting my pain is monumental or anywhere near others or Jesus for that matter.
just we shouldn't suppress pain and suffering. Maybe look at it? Examine it? Describe it?
Now for several of you, the trauma is too great. But for me. My pain less. If I can understand pain more, I can manage it better.

I felt humiliation yesterday. It was a small humiliation in the scheme of things. At another stage of my life, unnoticeable. But such is my aging body. my inflexibility and lack of fitness , itmust be an awful sight to behold for some. I felt marginalised. In fact I felt the therapist was just beyond bored. I felt I was wasting his precious time.
now I'm turning this into a soap opera??

humble soul learn to love yourself. Your therapist needs to learn understanding and patience. He also will come to an age where his body will let him down. He is another human being just like you and me. You could pray for him.
You have nothing to be ashamed of for aging. It's just another page on the story of your life. There are still things you can enjoy, make sure you don't miss out on them. We shouldn't feel bad about things like forgetfulness, I know it can be frustrating but don't let it get you down. Pray about it.

humble soul learn to love yourself. Your therapist needs to learn understanding and patience. He also will come to an age where his body will let him down. He is another human being just like you and me. You could pray for him.
You have nothing to be ashamed of for aging. It's just another page on the story of your life. There are still things you can enjoy, make sure you don't miss out on them. We shouldn't feel bad about things like forgetfulness, I know it can be frustrating but don't let it get you down. Pray about it.
got in a dark mood sorry. where everything seemed dark. emerging. now. thanks tessa. you really do help people dont you. you will put it down to the Lord. But i think it is a natural God given talent. not one you have had to consciously develop through prayer.

It's seems to happen alot in many arguments I have witnessed, the past comes up from one person then the other person brings something up from the past as if that person is more crooked, and before you know it, it's just a massive argument over both peoples pasts calling each other out, arguing over something that happened yesterday, and the original in the moment argument that started it all seems to be non existent, until the next argument in the future that is.

The blame game.

Last edited:
Just came back from physio. Therapist showed me 3 exercises. he said "now you try".
I couldn't remember the first one. Then he laughed derisively.." you can't remember them?"
This is when I make a fool of myself. in front of task master commonsense pragmatists.
I was foolish. But I felt he was really annoyed with me. imo he could have just shown me one and said " now you try". Commonsense people often lack patience.
sounds more like he has mean sense rather than common sense - basically it's his fault - he needs to take steps to make sure people have cheat sheets for the exercises

sounds more like he has mean sense rather than common sense - basically it's his fault - he needs to take steps to make sure people have cheat sheets for the exercises
He showed me an exercise where I had to balance on one leg and use a stretch band around my hip. It was ridiculously hard for someone like me who is old and overweight. I complained to him. he said " well it's high time you learnt how to balance."

yeah its the tough guy dont spoil em school of physio.
its true if physio is too kind, patient might relax too much. but i amvery dilligent and do the exercises. Because i dont want to come back. i would rather be independant.

It really depends on what the past issue was, what triggered it to consider bringing up, and whether it will do more harm than good which depends on the timing. Usually best to let it go and not drag it up again.

Small muscles used for balance are extremely helpful to be built up when we get older. Keeps us from falling and getting hurt or just hurting ourselves while walking and getting around the house.
And the exercises aren't pleasant. They are difficult and annoying as all get out.
But they help loads.

What he could have said is ; "This is a difficult exercise for you. Aim to master it over a long term. First practise proprieception ankle/ leg balance exercises. here I will show you some now."
But maybe I expect too much eh

What he could have said is ; "This is a difficult exercise for you. Aim to master it over a long term. First practise proprieception ankle/ leg balance exercises. here I will show you some now."
But maybe I expect too much eh
This is going to be an ongoing thing for you...dont feel alone...you aren't. You really don't want to stop them like... forever. It's ongoing maintenance to keep yourself well.

This is going to be an ongoing thing for you...dont feel alone...you aren't. You really don't want to stop them like... forever. It's ongoing maintenance to keep yourself well.
52 year old empathy for a 62 year old? My balance was much better at 52.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back