Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Original Sin

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The problem with having wrong ideas is that they pit one scripture against another. I don’t have that problem.
Hello again Levi, if that's really true, that the church's understanding of what "the flesh" is in this case is wrong, then we do indeed have a problem 😳

So, please elaborate a bit on this for us by giving us a couple of Biblical examples that show us the Scriptural conflicts/contradictions that you are referring to!

Thanks 🙂

God bless you!!

--David

Hello again Levi, if that's really true, that the church's understanding of what "the flesh" is in this case is wrong, then we do indeed have a problem 😳

So, please elaborate a bit on this for us by giving us a couple of Biblical examples that show us the Scriptural conflicts/contradictions that you are referring to!

Thanks 🙂

God bless you!!

--David
The problem with the flesh is that it has its own desires which care nothing for any laws. It only wants what it wants.

There are phases like:
“the law is made weak by the flesh”

and “in me, that is in my flesh, dwells no good”

and “For when we lived according to the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, bearing fruit for death.”

And “In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:“

And, “3All of us also lived among them at one time, fulfilling the cravings of our flesh and indulging its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature children of wrath.…”

I could paste more if you like.

Hi Levi (LeviR), those are great examples that seem, at least to me, to support the church's understanding/teaching about what the Bible normally means by "the flesh". These are, in point of fact, some of the verses/passages that the church (her pastors/theologians/etc., that is) turns to regularly in support of/as a demonstration of what it teaches (along with the Bible) about "the flesh".

Perhaps we need to take another careful/closer look at these verses, one at a time, to see if we can get on the same page about what they mean and why!(?)

Thanks!

--David
p.s. - if you wouldn't mind, see if can pull your pastor aside for a moment after church tomorrow and ask him what he believes/teaches about this, and why (I would be interested to know what he has to say).

Thanks again :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back