Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

OSAS is biblical truth.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Dear Brother Bodine, as you’re probably aware I’m OSAS, I don’t believe in sin of commission, and I do believe in an ever increasing knowledge of my Savior. I also know the weakness of the flesh, our tendency to fail, and our need to be before the throne of grace. That’s not what I’m talking of.

To me there is much difference in what God did for us that is without repentance that provided Jesus, His death and resurrection that provided eternal life unto all who believe on Him, and my obligation to walk in the newness of life given to me as the gift of God.

Let’s examine for a moment the result of what God did.

1. Acts 20:28 . . the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own
blood.
2. Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever (How long) them that are sanctified. (Who are these that are sanctified?)
3. 1Cor 6:11 . . ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

You indeed bring scripture commonly brought to refute our security in Christ, and I hope to address it satisfactorily. Before doing so allow me to state I believe our standing as a son of God changes not, but our state does as we yield to Him.

2 Tim 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
2 Tim 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

If we suffer is also to endure with Him, we will do what? Reign. Is there a difference of reward in one saint and another? 2 John 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. 1 Cor 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. There is real cause and effect in how we allow God’s work in us to proceed.

If we deny Him? What is that and how does it apply to our reigning with Christ. Hopefully we’re on the same page as to the reason for not denying our Lord. In Rev 5:10 we read of some singing this song: And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on (over) the earth. In Rev 7:15 we read of other saints before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. There’s quite a disparity of reward between these two parts of the one body of Christ. One has not denied Him to mold them into the very image of Christ, and the other group actually came out of great tribulation.

Who is Christ? Of course He is God, but we are one with Him: we in Him, and He in us. We are His body that He would deny and thus remains faithful to us even when we believe not; His body remains His body. For this time I will just add one scripture to this and that is Romans 8:17. And if children (All in Christ), then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; IF so be that we suffer (Also endure) with him, that we may be also glorified together. All in Christ are heirs, but not all will be join heirs. There is not only benefit in following the Holy Spirit’s leading now to not follow the flesh, but there is eternal reward to them that will be exercised by God’s word.

God bless you in Jesus’ name.

We don't "give our life to the lord" to be saved. We believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and His work on the Cross.

1Jn_3:16
Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
Col_3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Joh_3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

2Co_12:15 And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.

Mat_10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

If you say so..........................I have given my life to Him, since you haven't, I would strongly suggest to do so and everything you do from now on be unto the Lord with less words but speak the Word only. You can do what you want though, but I don't recommend that at all.

Reading your Post with consideration:

OK, I see what your getting at. So instead of hell fire, your denied the Kingdom of God. The scripture I used in REV could mean the unbeliever as nothing denotes that those folks were saved at one time, but Fear and unbelief still are very, very, very bad.

So, Jesus would go to the Father when reward time comes and tells the Father I don't have that person on record as doing anything. They get nothing, but are still saved from eternal hell.

I got you.

I am a Word person, so when someone brings scripture to the table and they don't sound like a loon, then I have to take scripture into account they present and consider if what that persons is presenting, possible. I may not agree, but are they sane enough without going into "Parables" "It's spiritual" "It's Hyperbole" "It's just an expression" When you start talking like that and using Hermeneutics and all kinds of mens fantasies instead of reading plainly the Word then you loose my attention real quick. By his stripes I am healed, means I am the healed and I best get in faith and seek God about it when sick. I don't question what is very clearly written. If I die sick, then my fault as I have the right to choose blessing or cursing, not God's.

So, taking that into consideration, then how far we have to go to prove your point so that it at least seems Possible? I have to ask myself that. We have to dig to much in the Greek then we are trying to hard to prove a concept.

Believers will be denied rewards and varying levels of rewards based on the DIVINE good a believer does or does not do. These verses have nothing to do with God sending born again believers to the lake of fire.

So that is it? Let's Look to see if that is at least possible.

Gal_5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Mar 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mat 7:19 Every tree not yielding good fruit is cut down and is cast to fire:
Mat 7:20 therefore from their fruits ye shall know them.

Here is some more scriptures. Kingdom is not a place which you know, it means to reign in or with God. Reign in Heaven as king and priest? Those folks cast out devils so had to be filled with the Holy Spirit at one time. Jesus did not deny they did not do the Works that only the Holy Spirit could do through someone. The question is, does Jesus mean you don't get an authoritative position in Heaven?

If you don't produce fruit, (Works upon a solid foundation) you are cast into the fire. Does that mean Hell? Paul said our works are tried and if burned up we are still saves as by fire. If you wanted to go that route then I think it's "Possible" you might be right considering what Kingdom really means and works are tried by fire being burnt up and no reward but still saved.

Drunks, rich, whoremongers do not inherit the Kingdom of God. That is for earth or operating with God in the law of Heaven doing the will of God on earth as it is in heaven. It may not mean you go to hell, but will have no authority or power here entering into the will and things of God. A defeated life, but still saved as by fire, like Paul said. No reward like you stated.

Putting this under examination, what you say might be possible. I have to get into some Greek though and compare scriptures so is the concept that you are still saved with no reward or is the concept that you end up in Hell?

Sorry, YLT:
Heb 6:4 for it is impossible for those once enlightened, having tasted also of the heavenly gift, and partakers having became of the Holy Spirit,
Heb 6:5 and did taste the good saying of God, the powers also of the coming age,
Heb 6:6 and having fallen away, again to renew them to reformation, having crucified again to themselves the Son of God, and exposed to public shame.

Heb 10:26 For we--wilfully sinning after the receiving the full knowledge of the truth--no more for sins doth there remain a sacrifice,

Heb 10:29 of how much sorer punishment shall he be counted worthy who the Son of God did trample on, and the blood of the covenant did count a common thing, in which he was sanctified, and to the Spirit of the grace did despite?

Here we have one sin, knowing the truth, tasted the Holy Spirit and good things of God, but then deciding that the Blood and all thing things that come with being saved is common and not worth a thing. Often times folks during this period were going back to Judaism to avoid persecution. Serving another type of God, but counting the blood as common and unholy.

1Jn_5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
1Jn 5:21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Here we see a brother that might have left God to serve Allah, buddah or some other thing not making Jesus Lord anymore but something else. A sin unto death, John called it.

So, I see what you present with scripture can be "POSSIBLE" That once saved and you hold onto Jesus knowing your saved and tell others your saved that despite the fruit, unbelief, fear, and not doing the will of God, then you just might still be saved as if by fire and no reward. POSSIBLE?

You got it Mike.

Then I guess the next question is.......... Is OSAS about the belief that one can loose their salvation or does this have a deeper root in some election doctrine where man does not have a choice to walk away from God. What are we really discussing here?

Mike.

As to perseverance of the Saints(calvinism) and Losing salvation(Armin.) they are one in the same at the end of it all.

One says ," If you don't persevere and show fruit, you really were not saved." works based salvation.

The other says," if you do not persevere and show fruit, you will lose salvation." works based salvation.

Which has all been discussed and went through already on this thread.

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]53792[/split]

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back