Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Our Constant Hope In A World Of Variables

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

hldude

“Our Constant Hope In A World Of Variables”
Psalm 33:20-22 NLT
We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone.

A few weeks ago for Black Friday, I joined some of the guys from my wife’s dad’s side of the family for a full day of high school championship football games, which is Prep Bowl, at US Bank Stadium. I started attending with them a few years ago knowing they’ve had this tradition of going for many, many years. It’s a very long day, but it’s fun to watch the talent of so many high school guys playing the game.

As I sat there that day watching these games, it reminded me of all the times I’ve watched football games and now this sport is so full of varying factors. I’m not an expert regarding football and probably never will be. I just really enjoy watching and seeing the many different scenarios that can take place during a game. Things can change so quickly and without any notice at all, which often makes the games very interesting and tense! My wife and daughters will often get on to me for being so loud when watching football and yelling at the TV!

As I think about football, there are so many variables to this game and many other sports that you have to expect the unexpected. As I thought more about the games that day that I was watching and football in general, I thought so much about how life is like this. We live each day not knowing at all what is going to happen. We so often put our trust and hope in earthly things and people and they always somehow fail us because we are not to put our hope and trust solely in them. As football has so many variables, so does life. Life often takes us by surprise and we’re so often not ready for those changes.

The only constant thing about football and sports in general is that things are constantly changing. The same is true about life and we all know this, but so often we don’t deal that well when things change. We want consistency. We want to know things will go a certain way, but often they don’t.

I find great hope and trust knowing that God is always consistent in His love for me even though life is so unpredictable. When life gets me down, I have to remind myself that God is still there with me and is guiding me through all of the challenges and frustrations.

I hope this serves as a reminder to us all that we need to put our total trust and hope in God while we live in a world of constant variables.

Back