Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Out of order :(

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

John

My family and I have been having a great deal of problems with our home. This house has been cursed I swear, We had a huge barn that was bigger than the house, insurance made us take that down. The septic tank is ruined, it won't drain, the field bed is garbage.

Finances are hell, we went bankrupt trying to make ends meet with this house, we just recently got out of it but the problems keep compounding.

Finding work out here is like a war, I am a military reservist which means i work Tuesday nights and the occasional month to 2 month long course in the summer, but that conflicts with my DNR seasonal job that takes place from may to September.

I am on leave right now because the military was driving me nuts. (long story)

So I need a job that is full time so i can get myself on track and help out with this problem house, but its been 6 months of searching i still cannot find anything even with my pretty impressive resume.

There is talk of the fisheries bombing this year that means that there will be even less jobs.

My parents keep talking about moving, while that has its benefits it also has its downfalls, we would be moving out west (Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan) if we do. We would have to sell pretty much everything and start out with nothing at the new place. I would have to get rid of one of my dogs because i can't afford to feed 2 of them at the moment and i will not be able to pay to have 2 of them shipping out west.

Its been a real mess, My parents are always stressed out, we have little time to do anything, My father is the leader of a failing youth group, nobody there except a select few care about anything that hast to do with God.

The church has been falling apart the pastor keep preaching stuff about there not being a rapture and that ticks people off that they keep leaving, we have also had false prophets come.

For the last 10 years we have been just making it by. I am not sure what the future holds but I do not think its good.

Please pray for my Family in this situation. Thanks.

Gosh John~ sometimes the trials in life are like waves, just rolling over us one after the other, as we stand with our toes gripping the sand and our backs taking the force of each new swell! :x

Still, remember our Lord said that "...ALL things work toward the good for those who love Him, and are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

He is working great good out of this troubling and hard time for you and your family. Each of you are under going the testing of your faith it seems, in differing ways. Yet, when your faith proves genuine it will become a glorious golden crown, and mean-while you will develop perserverance. Paul "...considered that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Romans 8:18

Hey~ I'll guess you know you can with stand in faith thru certain things now that you may not have thought you could~ before. ;-)

Because it sounds like the Lord may want you to move, because of the circumstances, I will pray in that direction to start with, however, later if my prayers are led differently, I'll let you know.

Father in heaven,
John and I know You love him, and his family dearly, because they have each been purchased by the precious blood of Your Son, Jesus Christ. We thank You for Your provision, and the assurance of a good future you have given to John. We thank You Lord, even for these difficulties, knowing that somehow You are doing wonders we cannot see, inside of each one who is struggling so.

Please grant work for John oh Lord, for You have created Him to provide for his own, and for the help of his household. Open up even temporary or unusual offers of work Father, and let John know that You have sent it specifically to bless him, and care for him, and strengthen his walk with You.

Lord, also prepare the way in advance and please do it quickly (if it is within Your will) for a home for John's family, and for a beautiful fellowship of Bible teaching, loving, worshiping, believers. May they be comforted as they follow Your guidance, and set in a broad place of ministry, especially his Dad, who may be discouraged.

Let Your grace and mercy be poured out now onto these lives we offer before Your throne even now, for the sake and Name of Jesus~ we ask. amen.

Luv ya in Him~ :fadein: bonnie

I think the prayers helped :-D My father and I spent like 6 hours digging and working on the tank and we manged to fix it, It feels so good that we don't have to move and we can continue on the way of fixing the house up without fear of hidden 20,000$ fixes :biggrin

Thank You Father, for responding so quickly to the paryers held up to You for John and his family, and thank You Lord, for this great relief from such a financial burden. :-D

Please show John which direction to go and what contacts to make to find work to provide for his part of his home dear Lord.

I ask again also, for You to provide a solid church fellowship in Christ for them all, help them to come together in Your word and worship, and may Your word encourage them to stir one another up to love and good works as they wait on You for these answers.

As Your children, we expect You to perform Your will according to the working of Your purposes for each one of these saints Father, and we know that Your will is always for good, for You are Good.

In Jesus wonderful Name I ask these things, amen.

That's good news. I know how costly septic maintenance can be, among the other home repairs that crop up. Praise God for His swift reply to your prayers. :angel:

Thanks guys :)

I think i might have found a job too :o

I always wanted to live up north. Today while reading the newspaper i came across an ad that was looking for workers to relocate up north for work :-D there is many options from Alaska to Labrador. Apartment is included at no cost to me and i can bring my German Shepherd :lol:

In some places a car is a rare sight, instead snowmobiles are most common, lol

Thank you God for hearing our prayers for John and his family. May you continue to bless them.

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice & be glad in it

Praise God John, our Lord gave you a double portion!!!!! Alaska is beautiful, lived there a while, one of my twin brothers was stationed there and I went to help his pregnant wife. What ever you do John don't get a house with a basement, cause they tend to flood at certain times of the year. It's truly breath taking there, and cold but you get use to it.

Careful of the moose though, they'll stomp you in a heart beat. I came around a corner and startle one and I bearly made it in the dumper after a few runs around a great big pine street. I finally dived under the trees low pine branches, came out the other side and run with everything in me toward the metal dumpster, and praise God someone didn't shut the lid all the way, it was still standing up alittle which they're suppose to close them cause of the bears, but I wasn't complaining at the time. It gave me just the right amount of time to jump in, grab the lid to shut as the moose started coming down on me with its kicks. Kinda of help me shut the lid sooner than I could and bang me on the head, and put a big knot and a little biddy cut on the top of my head. Hey but it was better than being stomped to death by a 1200 lb. moose. He kicked that dumpster, knocked me around inside and about busted my eardumbs with the bangs of his hooves, and finally stopped when I stopped screaming, took me awhile to figure why he was still kicking the dumpster......but hey I'm here to tell about it!!! Thank God I was young, 16 years old and ran 6 miles a day on the beach in California, sure helped me out in Alaska running on that snow from that Gosh that moose was as big as a horse barreling down on me.......and yes I peed my pants and smelled like garbage, but hey I had a good reason to pee them!!! :lol:

Back in order ;)

Oh our Lord is wonderful GOOD! :-D Full of Power, and Awesome in Grace, and Marvelous in all His ways! Yeaah...

John I believe I should continue to ask the Lord about your work until you tell me an answer has come.
So let me know, okay?

bonnie

You see GOD IS GOOD. Keep the faith. Take care and be careful with the move. Good luck. May God Bless.

wow just reading teh post made it evident that prayer was working down the line of the comments lol thats crazy! i pray you find everything ok w/ you job and ive never been to alaska but i fly a flight simulator and go there to mountain fly, quite beautiful. I just pray God blesses you and when he does youll be able to say that God helped you through everything allright. Sounds like your on the right track hehe.

Well i got a job now but because of my parents financial problems all my cash goes to ensure that we still have a home to live in. 3 incomes and we are still living paycheck to paycheck :o Man i can't wait till the Lord comes back :lol

I am a complete moron! I read this entire thread believing it all happened today! :screwloose
I was going to PM Bonnie and tell her to start praying for me. :lol

It's a good testimony John. Frustrating when all the money goes to bills and it's hard to save in this economy. Send your money to me and I'll invest it for you. :rolling

John,

Your sacrifice for your parents is great evidence of the love of Christ. How many young adult men would continue to support their parents when it meant no imediate improvement for themselves~ even if it only for a season? Not many that I know. May your love for one another draw many to Christ. :yes

May Jesus use this time to prepare you, and to win glory for the Father' Name though the witness of His grace. How often the Lord works His character in us thru the extended time He takes to fulfill our requests. Patience is a most difficult, yet most powerful lesson.

I will keep asking, seeking, and knocking for the Lord to guide you thru this into a deeper relationship and more powerful life in Christ.

In Jesus... bonnie

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back