Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Over-processing Food and Religion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So, if you're invited to someone's home and they set a table before you, you refuse to eat because they cooked it and not you?
If I'm invited to a dinner, that would be a great opportunity to expand my culinary horizon and learn a thing or two from them, don't you think?

Try and eat healthy, but it isn’t necessary to do so always, eat in moderation, and eat whatever is put before you. Too much more than that is legalism.

Such labels mean nothing to me, they just cause division. God works all things for my good, I trust in him as I believe that all his instructions are beneficial to m
I sure see the labels a lot differently. Because of having had experienced all three conditions I hope to have insight into how to relate to everything and to everybody.

Gentile:
Lost, alone, undone, without God, having no oracles of God

Jew: justifying myself as having righteousness because of having done the works of the law.

Christian:
Deleting the gentile ignorance. Deleting the Jewish righteousness under the Law of Moses. Accepting the righteousness that is in Christ Jesus. Knowing both Jew and gentile have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. Meeting to spread the Gospel of all things Jesus commanded.

Baptism is being immersed in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Repentance
Salvation in Jesus Christ
Baptism in the Holy Spirit that one may have power to witness to both the Jew and Gentile.

Labels are sometimes attached to bad aspects. Sometimes labels help us understand our faults we must put aside.

The seperation from God is what we must forsake.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I sure see the labels a lot differently. Because of having had experienced all three conditions I hope to have insight into how to relate to everything and to everybody.

Gentile:
Lost, alone, undone, without God, having no oracles of God

Jew: justifying myself as having righteousness because of having done the works of the law.

Christian:
Deleting the gentile ignorance. Deleting the Jewish righteousness under the Law of Moses. Accepting the righteousness that is in Christ Jesus. Knowing both Jew and gentile have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. Meeting to spread the Gospel of all things Jesus commanded.

Baptism is being immersed in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Repentance
Salvation in Jesus Christ
Baptism in the Holy Spirit that one may have power to witness to both the Jew and Gentile.

Labels are sometimes attached to bad aspects. Sometimes labels help us understand our faults we must put aside.

The seperation from God is what we must forsake.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Labels/identities have devastating psychological effects, they could puff up a false sense of pride, they could blind you with a distorted view, and they could limit your mental capacity by defining you with this one trait only and excluding everything else. We all have multiple identities, which can be divided into collective/group identities (such as gender, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, nationality, social status), social/relational identities (such as being a relative to someone in your family, an employee of a certain company, a member of a certain organization, a resident of a certain neighborhood, a student of a certain school) and individual/personal identities (personality, appearance, reputation, achievements, job title, possessions, skills, educational level). Note that individual/personal identities are the only ones that distinguish you from other people, and they usually require great effort from you to be made; collective/group identities are usually natural, you're born with such identities.

So here's the thing. When a normal person introduces himself, individual/personal identities should come first; social/relational identities follow, then collective/group identities at last. But in a mentally sick society filled with mentally sick people, this order is reversed, collective/group identities often come first, they puff you up and give you a false sense of pride, you become judgemental both to others and yourself, you think of yourself with your collective identities first and foremost, and you begin to force others to recognize your collective/group identities first and foremost. Such identities are also weaponized as both a shield and a sword. You don't take personal responsibilities any more, you hide behind your collective identities. If somebody targets your individual identities by holding your accountable for something you've done wrong, you accuse them of attacking your collective identities, of them being a sexist, racist, Trump supporter, etc, you know the drill. This sense of pride is showing in your perception of Jews, Gentiles and Christians.

Last edited:
Labels/identities have devastating psychological effects, they could puff up a false sense of pride, they could blind you with a distorted view, and they could limit your mental capacity by defining you with this one trait only and excluding everything else. We all have multiple identities, which can be divided into collective/group identities (such as gender, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, nationality, social status), social/relational identities (such as being a relative to someone in your family, an employee of a certain company, a member of a certain organization, a resident of a certain neighborhood, a student of a certain school) and individual/personal identities (personality, appearance, reputation, achievements, job title, possessions, skills, educational level). Note that individual/personal identities are the only ones that distinguish you from other people, and they usually require great effort from you to be made; collective/group identities are usually natural, you're born with such identities.

So here's the thing. When a normal person introduces himself, individual/personal identities should come first; social/relational identities follow, then collective/group identities at last. But in a mentally sick society filled with mentally sick people, this order is reversed, collective/group identities often come first, they puff you up and give you a false sense of pride, you become judgemental both to others and yourself, you think of yourself with your collective identities first and foremost, and you begin to force others to recognize your collective/group identities first and foremost. Such identities are also weaponized as both a shield and a sword. You don't take personal responsibilities any more, you hide behind your collective identities. If somebody targets your individual identities by holding your accountable for something you've done wrong, you accuse them of attacking your collective identities, of them being a sexist, racist, Trump supporter, etc, you know the drill. This sense of pride is showing in your perception of Jews, Gentiles and Christians.
1 Corinthians 9:22 kjv
22. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

In the flesh I always mess up.

Mississippi redneck.
eddif

Adding in ingredients secretly is sometimes a problem. Sugar has a host of names. Till folks learn the names extra sugar goes in unnoticed.

The labels can be read, but there are really ways to deceive people in foods and religion.

The he book of Job is an example of making things sound so natural but being just wrong.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

A lot of denominations have terms that another denomination does not use.
It looks like a GMO. As a (GMO) genetically processed food plant. Thus the food is processed at the plant level.
A denomination just suddenly becomes modified.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

A lot of denominations have terms that another denomination does not use.
It looks like a GMO. As a (GMO) genetically processed food plant. Thus the food is processed at the plant level.
A denomination just suddenly becomes modified.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
A GMO is a genetically modified organism, meaning the organism (plant or animal) has been altered genetically either by selective breeding or pollination or through gene splicing to enhance specific traits to fit our desires. In fact, in Genesis 30:25-43, it is recorded how Jacob manipulated sheep breeding to produce more desired results. We have done this with with other domesticated animals to produce desired traits. Dogs are a very good example of this. We have dogs that have been breed specifically for herding, pointing, flushing, controlling rodents, and more. Farm crops like corn, wheat, oats, soybeans, and others have been cross pollinated and gene spliced to enhance traits to make them more drought resistant or resistant to specific diseases, fungi, and pests or target certain traits like protein development or resistance to specific weed control methods. Most of the apples available at the grocery store are some type of hybrid either created by cross pollination or genetic alteration.

It is my belief that we have been doing it so long there is most likely no such thing as the original strain of plant seeds used in agriculture anymore so even those that we have determined to be "organic" are really not.

A GMO is a genetically modified organism, meaning the organism (plant or animal) has been altered genetically either by selective breeding or pollination or through gene splicing to enhance specific traits to fit our desires. In fact, in Genesis 30:25-43, it is recorded how Jacob manipulated sheep breeding to produce more desired results. We have done this with with other domesticated animals to produce desired traits. Dogs are a very good example of this. We have dogs that have been breed specifically for herding, pointing, flushing, controlling rodents, and more. Farm crops like corn, wheat, oats, soybeans, and others have been cross pollinated and gene spliced to enhance traits to make them more drought resistant or resistant to specific diseases, fungi, and pests or target certain traits like protein development or resistance to specific weed control methods. Most of the apples available at the grocery store are some type of hybrid either created by cross pollination or genetic alteration.

It is my belief that we have been doing it so long there is most likely no such thing as the original strain of plant seeds used in agriculture anymore so even those that we have determined to be "organic" are really not.
You gave IMHO The Modern definition of GMO.

The Old Testament Kept cattle seperated and did not plant similar beans in the same field. This was to keep the original varieties alive. God knew what he made/created was correct.

Today we feel that we know how to run genetics.

Religion can work the same way. Almost forced combinations of everything.

I am not a nut of keeping the Law of Moses. Types and shadows are in the law though. Too many similar thoughts kept in the same area can cause problems.

I sure am trying to use the law lawfully, and see the implication for today.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

We live in a very different world from the biblical or even from the world of the American civil war.
Commerce/cheap and convenience are the main drives for mass food today.

There is alot that can be done to improve one's health by means of a healthy diet.
The simplist is to stop using convience foods, by that I mean ready made or takeaway foods.

Strangely some aspects of processed foods are far better than buying fresh.
Frozen vegetables retain more vitamins etc than anything bought from a supermarket greengrocer section.

Healthy eating means cut out chocolate and deep fried snacks, eat a piece of fruit instead.
Portion size and second or third helpings another challenging area.

Then there is food waste, air miles and fair trade.

There is a lot to consider in ethical eating.
If your a chocolate person, dark chocolate is the healthier option.

If your a chocolate person, dark chocolate is the healthier option.
John 6:56 kjv
56. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

I started this thread to get to the universal diet everyone needs.

What comes out of us is what counts, and food does not defile us.

Revelation 3:20 is about having a meal with Jesus. We bring the sacrifice of praise to the table.

Revelation 22:17 kjv
17. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

God has given us all things about life and Godliness.

The table is open to everyone.

Can I explain every thing? No.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Back