Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

pagan christianity also known as churchianity

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
About Jesus teaching in the Temples, (houses of God). I think if one were to read and understand the Gospels, one would quite easily deduce that upon the death of Christ, God dwelt IN NO TEMPLE any longer. The temple is now WITHIN. As the CHURCH is NOT a building, but the oneness of those that truly follow Christ.

Henry, I commend you and your efforts to 'speak out' concerning those un-truths that have been perpetuated for a couple of thousand years now. Guys, it's now ALMOST impossible for us to 'know' what God wants for us as far as 'religion' is concerned. Yes, we have the Word, but MUCH of what the organized religion has created has NOTHING to do with the Word and this 'man-made' religious 'stuff' has been perpetuated and increased for many many hundreds of years now.

There have always been, and until Christ's return, there will ALWAYS be those that MUST lead others in order to feel 'worthy'. MOST of the time, these do so FOR THEIR benefit. Awful hard to claim to be a 'servant' when one is receiving MORE than those being served. I have heard the pastors offering words of 'guilt' to those that listen to their ramblings about money. Accusing those that 'don't' give as the church teaches they should of denying God. HUH? So, in those that teach such, their belief is that God's will is that they live 'better' than their congregation? Jesus didn't even have a place to lay His head, yet a pastor should live in a beautiful estate, and drive a Lexus?

Boy, I guess I just missed all that in the Word.

Oh yeah, 'let he who would be 'greatest' among you, be he who serves his brother the MOST. So, I guess with this in mind, the pastors that 'take' much more than they give, are simply doing their congregation a favor by allowing them to 'serve' him. he he he. Funny kinda of. If you think about it 'just a little bit'.

Henry said:
Most Christians are blind to the many things with in there own church that are pagan in nature, and more so they are blind to the practices in their own church that are also pagan in nature.

For example the building, the early church never thought of a building as the church it was not untill Constintine "legalized" the church where buildings taken into the picture, and those where remodeled pagan temples.

A house of God is pagan, the christian God has no need of a house, he is in the people. They are his building, his temple and his dwelling place. It is pagan to set a place aside and call it a holy place of God.

Another example is the serom, so coveted and central that Christians would be shocked to know it was a pagan practice to give a single man the job of "teaching" the group. In the early church every one took part , there was no such thing as a planned sermon.

But after the pagans took the church and put them into a temple and grouped them in large groups, the practice had to modified to fit. No longer would the church of God be able to do what they where taught to do.

Sad, so many of these things still stick today, and the church is for the most part totally blind to it all.

Another example, is the clergy and laity. Pagans set men aside as preist, not the early church, again a pagan practice was forced on the church and no one knows the better. Well some do....

Why?

For example the bible simply does not illustrate in any way, shape or form the institutional church of this day. For that matter and open mind and honest reading quickly shows that the bible actually teaches against the institutional church of this day.

Why? do we let it slip by, just becuase tradtions are hard to give up.

Don't GO to church again, be the church instead. And stay home with your family and friends and worship God as he said to to. As a family in your home.

Good post, Henry. But those who don't understand what Jesus means by worshiping God in Spirit will argue with you. But I agree with you. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back