Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Parable of the Ten Virgins

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So cool!!!! I like this parable even more now

Yeah, me too. :)

It's always amazing to see how exacting the Lord could be and can be when it comes to things like parables and dreams. Kind of astonishing when He puts together a whole parable like that to teach something so specific.

Now we come to the made in his image part.
Our liver stores glycogen. It is a limited supply that we renew all the time. It sits by the hidden man of the heart. Some call liver sweet bread (?).
Hebrews 13:10 kjv
10. We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

The table of shewbread is reserved for high priest(?)
And not those who serve their flesh.
We have a reserve for our spiritual needs. Probably just a bottle (?).

eddif

Because we are born again, not by corruptible seed, but incorruptible, through the word of God. The lamps represent the word of God, which both the foolish and the wise virgins had at the beginning of the parable.
That is how & why I had applied the parable of the ten virgins as all saved BUT he five were foolish for not being ready for the Bridegroom because they were out to the market seeking to be filled with oil.
Jesus said, "My words are Spirit, and they are Life." This is why salvation does not come at the moment we receive the outpouring for empowerment to witness, but at the moment we believe. Salvation is by faith.
But the potential believers in Acts 8 were not "coming to & believing in" in Jesus Christ for why the receiving of the promise of the forever indwelling Holy Spirit was not given to them yet. That is why Luke said that they had only been water baptized in Jesus's name for believing the "things" he had preached about so they were water baptized in His name out of fanfare in so as to continue following Philip around out of fanfare.

Even Luke explained Simon has believed but something was not right in his heart by him thinking he could buy that power from Peter & John to give the Holy Ghost. So neither Simon was coming to & believing in Jesus Christ as his sights were on men doing those miracles.

So that is why I see the fanfare of the people in that region shifted from the infamy of Simon of having great power in sorcery to Philip as "undoing" the work of Simon so the mindset on people regarding the supernatural was on Philip, not the Lord Jesus Christ.

Absolutely. They are not something you develop the ability to operate in in a day. Everyone who does so begins small, of course, but to do so properly requires experience in it. There are all sorts of misuses and abuses, as Paul's teachings to the Corinthians pointed out. And as he said to the Thessalonians, "Don't despise prophesying, but keep the good and discard the bad" (paraphrase).
To insist the Holy Spirit is praying using that tongue for private use is to infer that God is partial when misapplying Romans 8:26-27, ( even though the KJV & NKJV both says He cannot even utter His groanings, hence silence ) but God is not partial and therefore that cannot be of Him.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear. 21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

If we are not to do anything in partiality, then why think God would?

There was also the problem of servants of darkness being present within congregations as well, which required testing the spirits to see what it was they were teaching. So there is actually a great deal involved in operating in the gifts, and to try and train people in it whose light is going out... it's like (and I hate to say this cruelly but it communicates the point) over-investing in people who are bad investments in time. If they had truly loved God and truly been interested in walking in wisdom, they would have already heeded the clear warning of scripture as told in this parable. But only when they realize their need when it is too late will they finally start trying to get it together spiritually, and this is the driving point of the parable; not to take things for granted until it is too late.
But testing the spirits in 1 John 4:1-6 also included testing the tongues that they bring because there are supernatural tongues in the world that is not a foreign language of men at all but just gibberish nonsense.

Jesus makes the same point a few verses earlier when He told them, "But if those wicked servants say to themselves, 'My master delays His coming,' and begin to beat his servants and eat and drink, the Master will come in a day they are not aware, and appoint them their portion with the hypocrites, where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Beating his servants instead of providing them with spiritual food essentially just refers to spiritual abuse, and that's what spiritual leadership inevitably leads to when they are not truly ministering by the Spirit of God but ministering only in the flesh.
KJV has " to eat and drink, and to be drunken;" and so I learn something in this iron sharpen iron today as those who seek a continual filling will testify to being drunk in the "Spirit". The beating from that servant is insisting to others of that other calling as in that other filling to be had, that others did not have.

Our liver stores glycogen. It is a limited supply that we renew all the time. It sits by the hidden man of the heart. Some call liver sweet bread (?).
10. We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

eddif

That's pretty deep for a Redneck...

eddif

I think I lost you here. I don't think I understand.

That is how & why I had applied the parable of the ten virgins as all saved BUT he five were foolish for not being ready for the Bridegroom because they were out to the market seeking to be filled with oil.

Ok.
Even Luke explained Simon has believed but something was not right in his heart by him thinking he could buy that power from Peter & John to give the Holy Ghost. So neither Simon was coming to & believing in Jesus Christ as his sights were on men doing those miracles.

Ah, but according to early church tradition, Simon is indeed mentioned as never truly converting. The same is never said of the rest of the Samaritans. Simon it is said "feigned faith," meaning he deliberately put on an act to try and ingratiate himself to the apostles and receive the laying on of hands, but the plan didn't work. Peter perceived by the Spirit of God that he was still bound by sin and still harbored bitterness in his heart, and tradition says he eventually went on to found the religion of Gnosticism, which was essentially occultism and witchcraft with a Christian veneer. To liken his experience to all of the Samaritans is to go too far, IMO, otherwise church tradition would have said something about how they were ALL faking it, and that the whole things was a ruse designed to deceive the apostles who went there.
So that is why I see the fanfare of the people in that region shifted from the infamy of Simon of having great power in sorcery to Philip as "undoing" the work of Simon so the mindset on people regarding the supernatural was on Philip, not the Lord Jesus Christ.

Again, it's an interesting theory but it lacks historical support, nor can it really be substantiated from the text in Acts. It has to be read into it.

Last edited:
To insist the Holy Spirit is praying using that tongue for private use is to infer that God is partial when misapplying Romans 8:26-27, ( even though the KJV & NKJV both says He cannot even utter His groanings, hence silence ) but God is not partial and therefore that cannot be of Him.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear. 21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

If we are not to do anything in partiality, then why think God would?

I don't hold that God is partial, but many believe the supernatural gifts are no longer operable today. How can they operate in something they believe no longer occurs, and will be "demonic" if it does?
But testing the spirits in 1 John 4:1-6 also included testing the tongues that they bring because there are supernatural tongues in the world that is not a foreign language of men at all but just gibberish nonsense.

No. They "tested the spirits" not because men were speaking gibberish in and of themselves, but because they were generally speaking by one of two spirits: Either the Holy Spirit or demonic spirits. Demons can prophesy, as well speak in tongues, so the reference was to testing to see what spirit a person was doing so by.
KJV has " to eat and drink, and to be drunken;" and so I learn something in this iron sharpen iron today as those who seek a continual filling will testify to being drunk in the "Spirit".

Yes. I was telling someone a few weeks ago that I think that expression is an unfortunately misnomer. I think Paul was not advocating for being "drunk in the Spirit" in the passage. He merely stated to "be not drunk with wine but be filled with the Spirit." He was not saying "be drunk with the Spirit," but rather "instead of being drunk with wine, which is what some people think we appear to be, be rather filled with the Spirit, by which we speak what sounds like others to be gibberish."
The beating from that servant is insisting to others of that other calling as in that other filling to be had, that others did not have.

No. It is simply speaking of spiritual abuse. Again, this is something you would have to read into the text. There is no mention of the gifts in the Mathew 24:42-51 parable. Beating the servants would be more a parallel to taking advantage of them and exploiting them financially, and being heavy-handed with them, such as Paul referred to in 1 Thessalonians:

5 Neither at any time did we use flattering words, as you know, nor a cloak for covetousness—God is witness. 6 Nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, when we might have been heavy-handed as apostles of Christ. 7 But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children.

I think I lost you here. I don't think I understand.
Hey I got lost in the woods the other day. I did at least remember the right direction to go.

Since you have a teaching ministry this all might be worth asking God for understanding.
I started on this in 1985?

Let’s start here:

Try and see Jesus laying crucified hands and feet on the human heart.
Jesus:
Crucified
Marred beyond the semblance of man ( so messed up he did not look like a man).
Bones out of joint
Beard pulled out
Crown of thorns
Back beat so bad his kidneys were pierced.
Side pierced by spear.

A stony heart takers the crucified Christ to become a heart of flesh.

Hidden man of heart. We were made in the image of God.
Romans 1:18-21

Read Revelation 4 to see the rest of the throne room and get us back to the 10 virgins. And energy / oil.

eddif

Hey I got lost in the woods the other day. I did at least remember the right direction to go.

Since you have a teaching ministry this all might be worth asking God for understanding.
I started on this in 1985?

Let’s start here:

Try and see Jesus laying crucified hands and feet on the human heart.
Jesus:
Crucified
Marred beyond the semblance of man ( so messed up he did not look like a man).
Bones out of joint
Beard pulled out
Crown of thorns
Back beat so bad his kidneys were pierced.
Side pierced by spear.

A stony heart takers the crucified Christ to become a heart of flesh.

Hidden man of heart. We were made in the image of God.
Romans 1:18-21

Read Revelation 4 to see the rest of the throne room and get us back to the 10 virgins. And energy / oil.

eddif

unless you are talking about Hidden, I don't have a teaching ministry. I teach preschool/floater/assistant.

I'll have to check this out. Looks neat.

unless you are talking about Hidden, I don't have a teaching ministry. I teach preschool/floater/assistant.

I'll have to check this out. Looks neat.
Over, under, above, beneath , left, right, near, far,
light, dark, safe, danger, listen, awake, sleep, lead, follow, dog, cat, snake, spider, hot, cold, yes, no, ball, circle square, letter, number, etc.

Some parents take care of pre school, but others do not. The first spoken word of our first grandchild was ball. This little soft high pitch word just amazed me. Her word was directed to us. Now in school of Math and Science.

Another grandchild was talking to himself in his soft almost not understandable voice. My daughter said he was non- verbal. Non verbal … not even that. They thought I had lost my mind. Delayed in learning how to communicate with others, but advanced when he did get started.

Each child can be totally different. Teaching skills vary. I know assistants that solve problems the actual teacher totally misses. Teachers working on advanced degrees,
have a family of their own are out of it sometimes.

Go ahead and see if you can get certified to teach. Might not be the area you would choose, but the pay would be far greater. Pay is not everything though. If you do not want to specialize in an area just change your major 6 hours before you would graduate. Just watch your hours and have enough hours outside your major to suddenly graduate outside your declared major.

Some pastors have no concept of the basic concepts needed to get saved.

Oh yes. Made in the image of God. Human Anatomy 101. Basic stuff. Kidneys remove toxins (kidneys called reins in King James language). Immune system comes against pathogens (word against sin). Circulatory system distributes good things to body.

You will get it.

eddif

Back to the jar of oil.
Matthew 6:19 kjv
19. Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Is the oil in the jar like the treasures stored up on /for preparation of the trip to the bridegroom?

eddif

Last edited:
Matthew 25:44 kjv
44. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
So?
The virgins all slept. In this life or in their death (or both)?
The oil stored up during the life of the wise virgins would be with them at the resurrection,
The virgins without oil were unable to return to the past to have oil.

At the throne judgement a conversation occurs about the life on earth .

Symbolism does not fit exactly. Although a seed is compared to the Word of Gof it takes His wisdom to see the message.

eddif

What got me to this jar? The kingdom of heaven vs the kingdom of God. Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as in heaven. The wise virgins used their time aware of needing oil later. The unwise were consumed with the earthly life and not eternity.
I am not talking of perfection here on earth, but a jar of oil.

eddif

I don't hold that God is partial, but many believe the supernatural gifts are no longer operable today. How can they operate in something they believe no longer occurs, and will be "demonic" if it does?
Why would God mimic the Pagan's supernatural tongue which was in the world before Pentecost ( Issaiah 8:19 ) had come with the real God's gift of tongues of foreign language to speak unto the people ( 1 Corinthians 14:20-21 )? Why do they give another calling to already saved believers to seek another baptism with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of tongues or by the sign of tongues when they are using tongues as a sign to already saved believers of receiving this other baptism when this verse says no in 1 Corinthians 12:22 ?
No. They "tested the spirits" not because men were speaking gibberish in and of themselves, but because they were generally speaking by one of two spirits: Either the Holy Spirit or demonic spirits. Demons can prophesy, as well speak in tongues, so the reference was to testing to see what spirit a person was doing so by.
I disagree. That is not what 1 John 4:1-6 is about. To test the spirits is by knowing the real Spirit of Christ is in you "presently" since salvation as opposing feeling it outside of you in the world or it coming over you later in life as a saved believer so you can know that is not the Holy Spirit, but the spirit of the antichrist in 1 John 4:1-4 as greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. AND 1 John 4:5-6 is about even testing the tongues they bring as the spirits of the antichrist will only speak gibberish nonsense supernaturally as found in the occult, idolatries, world's religions, and cults in Christianity.

So how can God call them away from those spirits and that tongue to depart from if God would turn His tongues around from speaking unto the people in a foreign language for private use? He wouldn't. That would make Him the author of confusion and He s not.
Yes. I was telling someone a few weeks ago that I think that expression is an unfortunately misnomer. I think Paul was not advocating for being "drunk in the Spirit" in the passage. He merely stated to "be not drunk with wine but be filled with the Spirit." He was not saying "be drunk with the Spirit," but rather "instead of being drunk with wine, which is what some people think we appear to be, be rather filled with the Spirit, by which we speak what sounds like others to be gibberish."
I also have heard how some will rationalize appearing drunk with receiving the fruit of joy when being drunk with the Spirit, but that cannot be. Since drunkenness is a work of the flesh and temperance which is self control is a fruit of the Spirit, then joy is joy and not drunkenness at all. A house divided cannot stand.

This phenomenon was happening even in the Old Testament.

Proverbs 25:26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring. 27 It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory. 28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

Do not tongue speakers that gain tongues by another drink of the One Spirit separate themselves from the body of Christ that only had one? How can they not exalt themselves over other believers by that testimony alone? How can they not glory in it over other believers of having experienced something and seemingly continuing to experience something that other believers do not have?

This is where it comes across as God being partial by such testimonies like yours. Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV is for all believers for why the Holy Spirit's intercessions for us are not uttered at all as even His groanings cannot be uttered. This is how the "he" that searches our hearts ( Hebrews 4:12-16 ) & knows the mind of the Spirit is Jesus Christ for how the Father knows before we ask anything in prayer per Matthew 6:7-8 As it is, believers that do not get tongues for this so called "Holy Spirit praying for them" for private use makes God look partial and since He is not, then tongues are not for private use for why that tongue is not of Him at all.

There is a real God's gift of tongues for speaking unto the people and then there is that supernatural tongue of gibberish nonsense that the world is familiar with long before Pentecost and we know God would call sinners to depart from that kind of tongue to the Son in normal prayer.
No. It is simply speaking of spiritual abuse. Again, this is something you would have to read into the text. There is no mention of the gifts in the Mathew 24:42-51 parable. Beating the servants would be more a parallel to taking advantage of them and exploiting them financially, and being heavy-handed with them, such as Paul referred to in 1 Thessalonians:
Just as there is no mention of another baptism with the Holy Ghost to get any spiritual gift in 1 Corinthians 12:4-21 as 1 Corinthians 12:13 proves that testimony we are all suppose to share, but they insist that other calling for the supposed gift of tongues? We have been warned about anyone preaching another Jesus, another spirit, anther gospel per 2 Corinthians 11;1-4 and yet they are preaching another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues or by that sign of tongues when tongues are not to serve as a sign to believers about anything; not for receiving that other baptism with the Holy Ghost because there is no other one and not for as a sign of God calling them into the ministry; and not for a sign of God continuing His sanctification process in us for believers to seek after.
5 Neither at any time did we use flattering words, as you know, nor a cloak for covetousness—God is witness. 6 Nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, when we might have been heavy-handed as apostles of Christ. 7 But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children.
The abuse is moving away from our rest in Jesus Christ and adding a testimony that separates those believers from the believers still holding to that original testimony since we have been saved by faith in Jesus Christ at the calling of the gospel when we had first believed as that is the tradition taught of us that we are to hold fast to; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 or else Revelation 2:18-25

Why would God mimic the Pagan's supernatural tongue which was in the world before Pentecost ( Issaiah 8:19 ) had come with the real God's gift of tongues of foreign language to speak unto the people ( 1 Corinthians 14:20-21 )? Why do they give another calling to already saved believers to seek another baptism with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of tongues or by the sign of tongues when they are using tongues as a sign to already saved believers of receiving this other baptism when this verse says no in 1 Corinthians 12:22 ?

I disagree. That is not what 1 John 4:1-6 is about. To test the spirits is by knowing the real Spirit of Christ is in you "presently" since salvation as opposing feeling it outside of you in the world or it coming over you later in life as a saved believer so you can know that is not the Holy Spirit, but the spirit of the antichrist in 1 John 4:1-4 as greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. AND 1 John 4:5-6 is about even testing the tongues they bring as the spirits of the antichrist will only speak gibberish nonsense supernaturally as found in the occult, idolatries, world's religions, and cults in Christianity.

So how can God call them away from those spirits and that tongue to depart from if God would turn His tongues around from speaking unto the people in a foreign language for private use? He wouldn't. That would make Him the author of confusion and He s not.

I also have heard how some will rationalize appearing drunk with receiving the fruit of joy when being drunk with the Spirit, but that cannot be. Since drunkenness is a work of the flesh and temperance which is self control is a fruit of the Spirit, then joy is joy and not drunkenness at all. A house divided cannot stand.

This phenomenon was happening even in the Old Testament.

Proverbs 25:26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring. 27 It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory. 28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

Do not tongue speakers that gain tongues by another drink of the One Spirit separate themselves from the body of Christ that only had one? How can they not exalt themselves over other believers by that testimony alone? How can they not glory in it over other believers of having experienced something and seemingly continuing to experience something that other believers do not have?

This is where it comes across as God being partial by such testimonies like yours. Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV is for all believers for why the Holy Spirit's intercessions for us are not uttered at all as even His groanings cannot be uttered. This is how the "he" that searches our hearts ( Hebrews 4:12-16 ) & knows the mind of the Spirit is Jesus Christ for how the Father knows before we ask anything in prayer per Matthew 6:7-8 As it is, believers that do not get tongues for this so called "Holy Spirit praying for them" for private use makes God look partial and since He is not, then tongues are not for private use for why that tongue is not of Him at all.

There is a real God's gift of tongues for speaking unto the people and then there is that supernatural tongue of gibberish nonsense that the world is familiar with long before Pentecost and we know God would call sinners to depart from that kind of tongue to the Son in normal prayer.

Just as there is no mention of another baptism with the Holy Ghost to get any spiritual gift in 1 Corinthians 12:4-21 as 1 Corinthians 12:13 proves that testimony we are all suppose to share, but they insist that other calling for the supposed gift of tongues? We have been warned about anyone preaching another Jesus, another spirit, anther gospel per 2 Corinthians 11;1-4 and yet they are preaching another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues or by that sign of tongues when tongues are not to serve as a sign to believers about anything; not for receiving that other baptism with the Holy Ghost because there is no other one and not for as a sign of God calling them into the ministry; and not for a sign of God continuing His sanctification process in us for believers to seek after.

The abuse is moving away from our rest in Jesus Christ and adding a testimony that separates those believers from the believers still holding to that original testimony since we have been saved by faith in Jesus Christ at the calling of the gospel when we had first believed as that is the tradition taught of us that we are to hold fast to; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 or else Revelation 2:18-25
Isaiah 8:19 kjv
19. And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
…,,,,,,

Daniel 5:22 kjv
22. And thou his son, O Belshazzar, hast not humbled thine heart, though thou knewest all this;
23. But hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before thee, and thou, and thy lords, thy wives, and thy concubines, have drunk wine in them; and thou hast praised the gods of silver, and gold, of brass, iron, wood, and stone, which see not, nor hear, nor know: and the God in whose hand thy breath is, and whose are all thy ways, hast thou not glorified:
24. Then was the part of the hand sent from him; and this writing was written.
25. And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.
26. This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it.
27. TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.
28. PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.
29. Then commanded Belshazzar, and they clothed Daniel with scarlet, and put a chain of gold about his neck, and made a proclamation concerning him, that he should be the third ruler in the kingdom.

Long text (and I cut it short)
This passage is Gods example of tongues and interpretation, Slow word by word giving glory to God.

Which is true and which is the mimic, and which is the true.

We must discern the truth. And that discernment is a spiritual gift itself.

eddif

Isaiah 8:19 kjv
19. And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
…,,,,,,

Daniel 5:22 kjv
22. And thou his son, O Belshazzar, hast not humbled thine heart, though thou knewest all this;
23. But hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before thee, and thou, and thy lords, thy wives, and thy concubines, have drunk wine in them; and thou hast praised the gods of silver, and gold, of brass, iron, wood, and stone, which see not, nor hear, nor know: and the God in whose hand thy breath is, and whose are all thy ways, hast thou not glorified:
24. Then was the part of the hand sent from him; and this writing was written.
25. And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.
26. This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it.
27. TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.
28. PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.
29. Then commanded Belshazzar, and they clothed Daniel with scarlet, and put a chain of gold about his neck, and made a proclamation concerning him, that he should be the third ruler in the kingdom.

Long text (and I cut it short)
This passage is Gods example of tongues and interpretation, Slow word by word giving glory to God.

Which is true and which is the mimic, and which is the true.

We must discern the truth. And that discernment is a spiritual gift itself.

eddif
Seeing how God interpreted it proves His gift of tongues will come with interpretation from another so that the tongue speaker can understand it for that tongue being manifested thru him by the Holy Spirit to even be fruitful to that tongue speaker.

So the example in Daniel 5:22-29 is not mimicking Isaiah 8:19 at all but the practice in the church to edify the body withal for why tongues is not a stand alone gift for why it will come with interpretation. 1 Corinthians 12:4-14 No other drink of the One Spirit is needed to get any spiritual gift as 1 Corinthians 12:13 testifies to that truth.

The Lord will manifest that gift thru the Holy Spirit in us as He ministers to the church.

For God to turn the gift of tongues around for private use with no understanding it is to make God the author of confusion which He is not and so something is wrong with this picture for why the discerning of spirits is needed in testing them 1 John 4:1-6

For God to turn the gift of tongues around for private use with no understanding it is to make God the author of confusion which He is not and so something is wrong with this picture for why the discerning of spirits is needed in testing them 1 John 4:1-6
1 Corinthians 14:28 kjv
28: But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

You seem a bit more focused.

It is not God who turns it around to become private.

It is the person speaking in tongues who realizes that no interpretation is present, and stops speaking in the church and picks back up speaking to God privately.

We can work together.

eddif

Those who sell?!’

Selling oil
Vs
Selling you on oil
Vs
Co op oil distribution

I think selling holy ghost oil has put many people off in regards to dealing with spiritual gifts. Pretty good fund raiser if run for profit.

I think a big production about promoting the Holy Spirit scares people. Just suspicious?$

I think a low profile co op presentation of the use of spiritual gifts works best. This thread is about the best I have seen. The world right now could use true spiritual gifts. The OP stresses the darkness in the last times. So if we can manage a freely we give method of dispersion the better. After all it is Jesus that Baptizes in the Holy Spirit. We mention it, but we are not the source.

eddif

What baptism are you baptized into?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back