Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Parental control over the internet

Shantel

Hi all, first of all I'm glad that I can be a part of this community. I would like to kindly ask you for some advice concerning parental control in the Internet. My son is 8 now and he started to be realy interested in computers and things like that. I don't wan to forbid him those things but I must be sure that he will be safe... I was reading something about some software but I'm not so up to date with those things... Please tell me which software is the best and easy to use.

Bless you

I'm using K9 .... it's free, easy, and almost 'too good' , but actually needed and protects the people AND the computer(from a lot of soulish and spiritual and electronic maliciousness .
I started using it way way way too late for my now 21 year old son.
Not that alone, but watch with strict rules what is on the computer --- be VERY strict. You won't be sorry later.
IF you're not very strict, you will be sorry later. Learned from experience. ('knew it' before, but didn't practice it long enough as my son got older.) . . .
Start with his understanding that EVERYTHING is subject to you. Everything in your control. Watch/check/double-check all the websites he visits and their content.
Of course, pray always, that will make the biggest difference always. That too I fell behind in, far short of even just what I knew.

"K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filter and Parental Control ...
Protect Yourself! If you feel vulnerable to scams or temptations on the Internet, you are not alone. Thousands of users utilize K9 as a tool to avoid these ...www.k9webprotection.com"

Hi all, first of all I'm glad that I can be a part of this community. I would like to kindly ask you for some advice concerning parental control in the Internet. My son is 8 now and he started to be realy interested in computers and things like that. I don't wan to forbid him those things but I must be sure that he will be safe... I was reading something about some software but I'm not so up to date with those things... Please tell me which software is the best and easy to use.

Bless you

Hi Shantel,

I'm a fan of Norton products. Here's a link...
http://buy.norton.com/en-us/mf/productDetails/MggKMjExMDk3ByIwMDAxMDAwAw==/

God Bless

What is wrong with teaching the children about good and evil? I can't cover my child forever.

Before using any software, try to talk to your son first and aware him about the things he can or shouldn't watch. You can even place the computer in some open space like living room. As for the software, I heard that the best currently is NetNanny. K9 and PCWebControl are also nice.

Back