Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Paul....what happened to him?

G

Georges

Rom 15:24 Whensoever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: for I trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way thitherward by you, if first I be somewhat filled with your [company].

Rom 15:28 When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain.

Paul a Herodian......Paul has Herodian kinsman......Paul plans to travel to Spain.....

Herod Antipas....exiled to the Pyrenees (Spain/France border).

Connection.....?

No official word on Paul's death....rumor has it he may have been pardoned and left to Spain. Also rumored that his head was cut off. Also rumored that he was part of the Roman forces sent to destroy Jerusalem. Paul did have Roman ties as well....if you look into it.

Personally, I like the contents of the Sonnini Manuscript (aka Acts chapter 29). In that manuscript it states how Paul made it to Spain and Britain. Here's a link:

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2001/20010316.htm

There's a good book by R. W. Morgan titled, " Did the Apostle Paul Visit Britain?"

It states the connection Paul had with Rome as you stated, and his mission to go far to the "lost sheep of the house of Israel".

Here's an amazon link to that book---- fairly cheap:

http://www.amazon.com/Did-Apostle-P...ef=sr_1_1/104-0538463-9702354?ie=UTF8&s=books

I don't know why you insist on pushing the interpretation of Paul being a Herodian without adequate evidence, and from credible sources without a bias.

And the Herods were pigs, if Paul had half a mind he wouldn't have been able to stand them. John the Baptist certainly didn't withstand them, and died for it.

cybershark5886 said:
I don't know why you insist on pushing the interpretation of Paul being a Herodian without adequate evidence, and from credible sources without a bias.

And the Herods were pigs, if Paul had half a mind he wouldn't have been able to stand them. John the Baptist certainly didn't withstand them, and died for it.

AMEN

cybershark5886 said:

Too easy...for a start....

Rom 16:11 Salute Herodion my kinsman. Greet them that be of the [household] of Narcissus, which are in the Lord.

Rom 16:10 Salute Apelles approved in Christ. Salute them which are of Aristobulus' [household].

Rom 16:13 Salute Rufus chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine.

Read any one of Robert Eisenman's books or online material. He provides all of the available resources supporting Paul's Iudean/Benjaminite connection with the family of Herod....If you do an honest study your view of Paul will change dramatically. And Cyber, don't do a scan over as you did with the pdf, you'll miss the pertinent information as you did with it. :)

jgredline said:

LOL.....please don't insult John by comparing him in kind to Paul....

John was of the Essene community. BTW, the Essene community wrote of a man known as "The Liar".....you can do your own homework on that one...

cybershark5886 said:
..if Paul had half a mind he wouldn't have been able to stand them..
Yeah, he was fully baked :-D

Sorry, couldn't resist. I am probably stepping on some TOS, for that I apologize.

Georges said:

John was of the Essene community. BTW, the Essene community wrote of a man known as "The Liar".....you can do your own homework on that one...

Hey DUDE
where have you been? I have missed you. have you been going to and fro :-D

Don't insult Paul by denying him his rightful place as God's chosen one to evangelize to the Gentiles.

No substantial ties can be made between John & Jesus with the Essene community. I admit that it is possible but I thought that I would mention that. In the book that I am writing I have written similarities and dis-similarities between John and the Essenes. And lets not reguard the Essene writings as canonical, lest we also say with absolute certainty that the Essenes were inspired by God to make a prophecy about the "Teacher of Righteousness" being Jesus. Since there is no definitive ties we can make no definate statements about John or Jesus' connection with the Essenes.

have you been going to and fro

Lol. I'm sure he has been doing so "in the earth, and walking up and down in it." :D

Too easy...for a start....

Rom 16:11 Salute Herodion my kinsman. Greet them that be of the [household] of Narcissus, which are in the Lord.

Rom 16:10 Salute Apelles approved in Christ. Salute them which are of Aristobulus' [household].

Rom 16:13 Salute Rufus chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine.

Read any one of Robert Eisenman's books or online material. He provides all of the available resources supporting Paul's Iudean/Benjaminite connection with the family of Herod....If you do an honest study your view of Paul will change dramatically. And Cyber, don't do a scan over as you did with the pdf, you'll miss the pertinent information as you did with it.

I will look into this, but realize names aren't always definitive. And you must realize that Paul had relation with people from all cultures, nationalities, and affiliations. He said similar things concerning many other people, and possibly even knew Simon the Cyrene's (who carried Jesus' cross) wife, whom he said was like a Mother to him, as you quoted above. "Salute Rufus chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine" Romans 16:13.

And even if he greeted someone from Herod's house then it is obvious that they were a fellow believer, so why wouldn't he include his name on a list of exhortations to various believers? And assuming even further that his blood line genetically branched off from the Herods (which would hardly qualify him to call himself a "Hebrew of Hebrews" now wouldn't it - and people would have know it and called him out on it) then so what? I'm related to my second cousins, I don't even know what they believe but I am not necessarily tied to their ideologies. Think about this logically.

Paul--what happened to him?

Georges: According to Young's Concordance, the Herodians were "A political Jewish party that favoured Greek customs." See Matt.22:16; Mark 3:6; and 12:13.

Herodion (notice the spelling) was a Christian kinsman of Paul. There is no connection between a man's name "Herodion" and the Herodians, except in your mind.

As Cybershank pointed out, Paul was a "Hebrew of the Hebrews", and could trace his ancestery back to Benjamin. See Phil. 3:5,6.

Bick

Paul was beheaded.....while in Rome.

Tus scripture was fulfilled.....
2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Paul was beheaded.....while in Rome.

Thus scripture was fulfilled.....
2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

From historical evidence not only was Paul beheaded in Rome, when the guards were sent to retrieve him as with most they did not have to drag Paul. He was so anxious to be at home with the Lord he charged over them, and cast himself on the chopping block.

samuel said:
From historical evidence not only was Paul beheaded in Rome, when the guards were sent to retrieve him as with most they did not have to drag Paul. He was so anxious to be at home with the Lord he charged over them, and cast himself on the chopping block.
Are you suggesting, Paul has gone to heaven ?

Rest assured...HE HAS NOT....gone to heaven !

He cannot get there before....I do, because the BIble tells me so.

jgredline said:
Hey DUDE
where have you been? I have missed you. have you been going to and fro :-D
Walking up and down in the earth. Have you met God's servant Job ? :D :-D

Paul was killed, so that the scriptures might be fulfilled.

Paul kept all 10 commandments as found in (Exodus 20:3-17).

Yes, Paul kept the 7th day sabbath also, which is the 4th commandment, the one pointing Paul's loyalty, towards God (Ezekiel 20:20).

Jay T said:
Paul was killed, so that the scriptures might be fulfilled.

Paul kept all 10 commandments as found in (Exodus 20:3-17).

Yes, Paul kept the 7th day sabbath also, which is the 4th commandment, the one pointing Paul's loyalty, towards God (Ezekiel 20:20).

Jay T
If you read Romans 7 you will see that paul did not keep the 10 commandments. Incase you don't know this, Jesus was the only one who kept the 10 commandments. Last I knew, Paul was not Jesus.

oscar3 said:
Jay T
If you read Romans 7 you will see that paul did not keep the 10 commandments. Incase you don't know this, Jesus was the only one who kept the 10 commandments. Last I knew, Paul was not Jesus.

When a person has read (Understood) the Bible completely, then one knows where to find the answer....
Acts 24:10 Then Paul.......
24:16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and [toward] men.

Since the 10 commandments, only are for the purpose of revealing what sin is (1 John 3:4 & Romans 7:7), Paul could not have said, what he said here, unless he had kept all the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:3-17).

Back