Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Paul's message was different ????

dan p

Hi to all and their will always be a dispute between what Peter and Paul have written .

1) Peter in 2 Peter says this about Paul , 3:15 , because their are some who don't believe Paul .

2) Verse 16 , Peter says that Paul is HARD to understand and true of many today .

3) The are UNlearned !!!

4) And Unstable !!! Peter is saying this !!!

5) And because of points , 1-4 , they Wrest the scriptures unto their own Destruction .

We need to turn to Acts 21:18-21 and see Paul's ministry among the Gentiles and Jews , which many have NEVER READ .

6) iN VERSE 18 , the CONTEXT is again Israel where we see James and the elders from Jerusalem .

7) Then in verse 19 , Paul reveals what his ministry had accomplished .

8) Then verse 20 , When the Jews heard it , they glorfied God .

9) Also , notice that they were Zealous of the Law , and many thousand of Jews believed , good context here .

10) And in verse 21 , they did have somewhat against Paul .

11) James has some questions to ask !!!

#1, We are INFORMED , KATECHEO in Greek , means to sound down into the ears , to indoctrinate , inform , instruct and to teach .

#2 , Paul was teaching Jews among the Gentiles to FORSAKE Moses , and now you know why they were trying to Kill Paul

#3 , Telling them NOT to CIRCUMCISE , WOW !!!

#4 , And telling the Jews NOT to wlak after the Jewish CUSTOMS .

12) Paul , then could never go back and be a Pharisee again and was teaching against the Law of Moses .

Paul caused quite a stir, didn't he? :biglaugh

It was very difficult for the Jews to give up the practices of the law.
And Paul, himself, spoke very highly of the law in respect to it's being a "lamp unto our feet."
It's the judicial part of the law that no longer bound the believer, so sometimes people had a hard time separating the two aspects. It seems man ever wants to put himself back under the law...even today.

glorydaz said:
Paul caused quite a stir, didn't he? :biglaugh

It was very difficult for the Jews to give up the practices of the law.
And Paul, himself, spoke very highly of the law in respect to it's being a "lamp unto our feet."
It's the judicial part of the law that no longer bound the believer, so sometimes people had a hard time separating the two aspects. It seems man ever wants to put himself back under the law...even today.

Hi glorydaz , you are right about that , and it has continued for more than 2000 years , and Covenant Theology just doesn't like him and say that Paul preached the same message as the 12 Apostles , and Gal 2 and Rom 1:1 prove otherwise .

Part of the problem is that after Jesus ascended into Heaven, the Christians really WERE a Jewish sect. They worshiped at the Temple and in synagogues.

One explanation is that the Gospel had been offered to the Jews through Christ, and they rejected it. Next, it was offered to the Jews through the Apostles, and they rejected it again. Then, God commanded Christians to separate and become a distinct religion.

Vince said:
Part of the problem is that after Jesus ascended into Heaven, the Christians really WERE a Jewish sect. They worshiped at the Temple and in synagogues.

One explanation is that the Gospel had been offered to the Jews through Christ, and they rejected it. Next, it was offered to the Jews through the Apostles, and they rejected it again. Then, God commanded Christians to separate and become a distinct religion.

Hi Vince , I missed where a verse says that and would like to see one !!!

Vince, you posted..."Then, God commanded Christians to separate and become a distinct religion". Where does it say that? .....I agree; post a verse on that one, please.

Regarding the Jewish/Gentile issue was a major concern to the early church.

Acts 13:45When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and talked abusively against what Paul was saying. 46Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47For this is what the Lord has commanded us:
" 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth."

Acts 22:20And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.' 21"Then the Lord said to me, 'Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.' "

So I agree with the first part of your statement, but not the last part.

Vince, " God commanded Christians to separate and become a distinct religion"....Here's what I know about the situation in the Jewish Community during the time of Christ ...

First of all, Yahshua (Hebrew for Joshua - the word Jesus is the Greek form of the word "Joshua") spoke out against both Pharisees and Sadducees. The Pharisees are very close to Rabbinical Judaism that we have today. Yahshua was not a "Jew", nor did he practice a religion called "Judaism". He didn't start "Christianity" either.

Yahshua (Jesus) was an Israelite and a Nazarite Priest. What he practiced was the truth that Yahweh had given to the Ancient Israelites in the desert.. The Jews of His day had strayed from the original teachings handed down in the dessert, and He came to bring them back to the original truth. He did not 'start a new church'; He was trying to bring resolution to a revolting people over the heavy burdens laid on them by the Pharisees and Sadducees (legal entity of the church) to which the ruling body of the church refused to release them from (man-made rules, not God-ordained).

Study the Pharisees and Sadducees and be sure to look up what Jesus says to them and about them.

Luke 11: 45 One of the experts in the law answered him, "Teacher, when you say these things, you insult us also." 46Jesus replied, "And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them. 47"Woe to you, because you build tombs for the prophets, and it was your forefathers who killed them.

The distinct 'separation' automatically occurred because of they were already distinct. Jesus' death on cross caused all kinds of religious persecution for the newly forming church.

Vince said:

after they accepted Christ, they no longer lived under the law and therefore did not worship at the synagogues, they met in homes.
it was prophecied that the Jews would reject Christ and the people who were not God's people, would now be God's people. it happened so the Gentiles would be offered salvation. they weren't commanded to become a distinct religion (they were now the one true church), they already were through Christ, they no longer had to live under the Jewish law. it was all part of God's plan from the beginning.
Romans 9:25
As he says in Hosea: "I will call them 'my people' who are not my people; and I will call her 'my loved one' who is not my loved one,"

Back