Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please pray for me

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

Donovb

Hello Children of God,
My name is Brandon and I found God maybe 6 months ago, and I felt really good about life through my love for Jesus. These last few weeks I feel I've fallen away because I work all the time and just have been very busy with life. I know this is not a excuse but I haven't prayed, read the Bible much, and I just feel like sometimes I sell my self short, and feel like Im going to be left behind at the rapture because I feel like I might be unworthy. I have been at work cussing and swearing trying to fit in with my co-workers because that is what they do all day, and I get caught up in it. Please pray that God finds me worthy of going to Heaven when he comes for this Bride, Amen. God Bless.

None of us are worthy Brandon... That is why Jesus paid the price... We grow in Him ... When we first become saved .. we are on a high the best high ever... then life happens and we start to grow.. When a baby is learning to walk they bottom out lot and parents are there to pick them up so they can try again.. Our walk with the Father is about the same... Dont let life and or satan hold you down when ya fall The Lord's hand is stretched down to lift ya up...

Php_4:13 I , Brandon can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. :sohappy

Prayers are offered up for you, Brandon.

All of us are sinners, and we're each at varying stages of maturity in our relationships with our Lord. And we each have times when we're busily involved with our lives (work, family, obligations, etc).

Something you might consider doing: As you go about your day, take a short bit of time to say "Good morning, Lord," "Good afternoon, Lord," "Good evening, Lord," "Thank you for loving me as you do, Lord." You've got the picture. The more you talk with Him, the easier it becomes. And when you find yourself wanting to fit in with your co-workers by using language that doesn't make you 'shine,' instead simply say the 'clean' version and let it go at that. The longer you do this, the more it will be noted by co-workers. If any one ever questions why you've stopped swearing & cussing, tell 'em you just don't feel like it.

When you get home after work, try to read a chapter from one of the books in your Bible. Or a Psalm or two. Before reading, say an earnest prayer that our Lord guides your reading, to help you understand His Word. When you conclude the reading, be sure to thank Him for sharing His Word with you.

A lot of people prefer to start their day with reading Scripture, to have His Words on their minds throughout the day.

The more effort you make, the easier it becomes. And this is a very good thing, indeed!

75f5362755c6279b9f911c21d5833e65.jpg
Hi Donovb.You are a new believer and Satan does not like the fact that he has lost you.You have asked Jesus into your life and you are not of this world you are just in this world.Try not to keep up with your friends because you are a child of God.When you catch yourself using cuss words try to remind yourself of that.Pray to God and ask him to forgive you and to strengthen you so you do not feel the need to be like your worldly friends.The fact that you do not like what you are doing is good.The Holy Spirit is working in you and making you feel uncomfortable when you do these things.Your conscience is making you uncomfortable.I will pray for you on your new walk with God :pray

Hello Children of God,
My name is Brandon and I found God maybe 6 months ago, and I felt really good about life through my love for Jesus. These last few weeks I feel I've fallen away because I work all the time and just have been very busy with life. I know this is not a excuse but I haven't prayed, read the Bible much, and I just feel like sometimes I sell my self short, and feel like Im going to be left behind at the rapture because I feel like I might be unworthy. I have been at work cussing and swearing trying to fit in with my co-workers because that is what they do all day, and I get caught up in it. Please pray that God finds me worthy of going to Heaven when he comes for this Bride, Amen. God Bless.
Dear Brother Brandon, it’s very easy to fall into condemnation of yourself and begin to doubt the very source of your salvation; don’t allow Satan to sell you that lie. Learn Who it is you first believed, and know regardless the trials you’re experiencing that you belong to God who will not let you go. Every bit of your life is being shaped due to the ongoing work of God to will and to do of His good pleasure (Php 2:13), and He is not done with you or me.

I wrote the following pamphlet that may help you know who you really are in Christ. Blessings in Christ, and Dear Father, please make it real to him in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Salvation with Security – 1, 2, 3
http://www.christianforums.net/Fell...ds/salvation-with-security-parts-1-2-3.52236/
:wave2

Hello Children of God,
Hey Brandon,
If you accepted Christ as your saviour you are good to go. Put on your armor of God and he will help you to live the right way. Don't beat yourself up when you slip up because it is going to happen. Gods blessings to you.

Brandon, a couple verses have come to my mind for you.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. [Eph 2:8] - a gift from God Brandon that he will not take back from you.

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear but when you are tempted he will provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." [1 Cor 10:13]

Hello Children of God,
Welcome

Knowing God:
Knowing the Father through repentance(at the beginning)
Knowing the Son through believing Jesus died for the sins of mankind.
Knowing the Holy Spirit for the ability to serve as a witness .

I used the word knowing, but baptised might be better. We do grow over time, but we begin in faith and end in that same condition.

eddif

Brandon, you've got some good advice here.I'll just add that prayer is the best way to deepen your faith and relationship with our Lord Jesus. Tell Him what is on your mind. Tell Him where you've failed and ask Him for help where you need it. He already knows but He wants to hear it from you. That will the beginning of the most important relationship of your life.

Being a Christian is a little like being in love: there are moments of closeness and ecstasy, and times that seem arid and dreary. If the love is real, then by spending time together and working at it, a much deeper relationship develops, a friendship that can withstand the bad times. The main thing is to keep communicating. God is listening, even when you can't feel him close to you. Short prayers throughout the day, even if they are only one sentence, keep the relationship going. And even if you are exhausted when you get home, and can only find time to read one or two paragraphs from the Bible, it will keep you close to him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back