Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please Pray For My Father and I

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi everybody,

I am 15 years old and really need some advice and help in prayer. During summer something truly terrible happened that might make my dad go to jail. My dad is a caring loving devoted father who allowed sin into his life through lust. Now I don't want to go into details but he knows what he has done wrong and has asked the Lord for forgiveness. Lately I have been depressed thinking about what might come in the future. I have prayed that he might get a second chance. I can not even fathom a world that doesn't have my dad in it.....And it has made me depressed; very depressed. I ask that you pray for my father for he is the kindest, most faithful man I know, and he has turned from his way right into the Lord's way. This experience, however, has actually made me closer to God. I have started to read the bible more, go to church more often, and pray more. It was all going well and I was able to get closer to Him until I allowed sin into my life myself through lust as well. I know sin leads us away from Him and I have definately felt it. I don't feel his presence like I used to. The temptation of lust is so strong however today I just read that God will not give us an amount of temptation that we cannot bear and he will always give us a way out of it ( I believe Corinthians1 10:13) so please I need advice on how to overcome the temptation and mend my relationship with Him. On top if this I often feel like something is missing in my life and I believe this is Jesus Christ my savior. I have started questioning life, questioning what our purpose here on earth is, why God made us, and why He loves
us so much if we are so full of sin. ( I've got some bible study to do haha). Why I am here is I need advice on how to become closer to Jesus again and fill that empty space. Please help me in prayer as well; pray for me but mainly pray for my father for he is a great man who does not deserve to be in jail but at home with me worshiping our Lord like it should be. Thank you very much for taking your time to answer me. It really, really means a lot to me. God Bless

You are in my prayers, Faith4Christ. :pray

Also, I see that you are 15 -- you might like to take part in our Teen section. It definatley needs some more activity :biggrin

Faithful4Christ, you are now added to the teens group which means you can now take part in discussion in the teens forum.

You are in my prayers also.

BTW, 1 Corinthians 10:13 states:

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. (NIV)

What I understand this verse to be talking about is that yes, God can put us through suffering in order to make our faith stronger. He will not put us through more than we can handle. This is also talked about in the book of James, 1:2-18:

2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
9The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. 10But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower. 11For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business.
12Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
13When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
16Don't be deceived, my dear brothers. 17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

So hang in there!

I encourage you to go continue to go to your local church/youth group to meet up in the fellowship of other believes, espeically around your own age as it can strengthen your faith and keep you accountable.In the past year I have grown closer to those in my youth group and it has helped my walk with God tremendously. Keep reading the Bible (God's Word) to keep reminding yourself of His will and keep praying.

Hi!

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to pray for you... Please do not think that you are away from the Lord... When we commit a sin and later realize and ask the Lord for forgiveness, the Lord instantly forgives us because He is forgiving and merciful... And them Jesus loves us all the more because we are like lost sheep whom the Lord finds... But the devil then plays a game with our mind and makes us feel guilty and condemned and makes us feel that we are not worth the Lord and are away from Him... IT IS NOTING MORE THAN A LIE... We definitely are not worthy, none of us are, but Jesus loves us unconditionally... Tell the devil that you know that Jesus loves you and that you love Him too and that you are possesed by the spirit of Jesus... Jesus created us so that we can give Him love... And we are living on Earth to share His love with others... Coz many people out there are desperate for love and do not know where to find them.. So we are like super heroes coz we can give them Jesus and save their souls... Submit yourself to the Lord, resist the devil and He shall flee... And yes, when Jesus is in your life, there is absolutely NOTHING MISSING in your life... He is the creator, and He knows all our needs... We are made perfect in Jesus...

Sweet Jesus, I pray for my dear friend that you may help him and his father, and solve all problems in their life and show them Your love and peace in numerous ways... Help them know that you are as closer to them as the skin on their body... I rebuke the devil and his lies in the name of Jesus... Pour Your precios blood upon them and make them feel Your mighty presence more than ever before dear Lord... In Jesus' name... Amen :)

Wow I am so glad i joined this forum. I love all the faith and care of everyone here. First of all thank you Nick for showing me those passages. Those really, really help me out. And Elixir, thank you for your thoughts and prayers. To have people praying for you really feels great so thank you guys. Let God Bless your lives with joy and happiness. Can't wait to meet you in heaven :)

Faithful4Christ said:
Wow I am so glad i joined this forum. I love all the faith and care of everyone here. First of all thank you Nick for showing me those passages. Those really, really help me out. And Elixir, thank you for your thoughts and prayers. To have people praying for you really feels great so thank you guys. Let God Bless your lives with joy and happiness. Can't wait to meet you in heaven :)
That's ok. Glad it helped. :)

See you in heaven! :)

Hey Faithful,

You need to occupy your time doing things that make you happy. Your extra time should be spent in praise, worship and learning about God. This is coming from someone who was very depressed as well. Spending time on christianforums did help me a lot. But your 15...should be socializing, playing sports or something. I hope you take these worries to God and not let them eat away at you, ok?

God Bless :)

Thank only Jesus... We live to love Him... Sure will see you home (Heaven - our true Home)... Keep going for Jesus... He loves you and you are special.... Let the joy of the Lord and the assurance of salvation radiate through you my brother in Christ... :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back