Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] Please Pray, I'm really doubting my faith

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

tcc233

Please Pray for me

I'm 21 years old and I'm really struggling with my faith in God right now. I have my good days and bad days but lately they've all been bad. I read the bible every day and pray everyday but I just feel so lost. I've been feeling anxious, stressed, and alone for a while now. I have a really good group of friends that I hang out with all the time but nothing seems to help. I just simply don't have any faith right now. I've read the book of Job to help recently but it's gotten so bad lately I really don't know where God is or what He's doing.

Thank you.

I can sympathize and my most sincere prayers will be with you. I pray that God will show Himself and His Love and reach out to you to show you He is there and He loves you.

t:

Read Hebrews 11, and you'll see it's 'by faith', 'by faith', 'by faith'.

As the writer to the Hebrews says, keep 'looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith'.

Can you at least trust God enough to know that He is not taken aback by your little faith? He is right there with you and will sustain you in your weakest moments. Just turn to Him and rest in Him, no matter how you feel. We as believers do not live by our feelings. We live by the word of God...every word, no matter how we feel. Our feelings are not true barometers of what is really happening. They must be placed under the dominion of our Spirit-controlled will.

Speak out only words of truth and let them resonate. If you have accepted the Saviour, then you are NOT lost. Reject the lie.

Entrust your life to Him no matter what--that is an act of great faith. Choose Him. Choose life.

Be like Peter, who said to Jesus, "Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God." John 6:68-69 NLT...there is nothing else out there better than Jesus, and He knows you and loves you beyond measure. Rest in that and let Him rewarm your heart while you continue to get into His word and His presence. Let your Christian friends in on your struggle and let them support you and encourage you.

I am praying now for you, that you will realize by the Spirit of God that you are a warrior for God and these weak moments are attacks of the enemy speaking lies to you. They can only be countered by a shot of the truth pronounced by the spoken word!

"Stand aside, devil, for this child of the King is coming through!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for your responses. I have not completely lost faith, I guess I'm just going through a really rough patch. I've been a Christian all my life and over the last year or so some things have happened that have really tested my faith and I haven't handled them so well. Thank you farouk, Hebrews 11 is a good chapter and I hadn't read that in a while and it helped out. Thank you Alabaster you made an excellent point that it's easy to forget that God's love is always there no matter how much we mess up and doubt him. And thank you Cheyenne, I also appreciate your prayers. I've been praying a lot to God lately to show me the way and help me to trust Him wholeheartedly and I will continue to. Thank you all again.

Thank you all for your responses. I have not completely lost faith, I guess I'm just going through a really rough patch. I've been a Christian all my life and over the last year or so some things have happened that have really tested my faith and I haven't handled them so well. Thank you farouk, Hebrews 11 is a good chapter and I hadn't read that in a while and it helped out. Thank you Alabaster you made an excellent point that it's easy to forget that God's love is always there no matter how much we mess up and doubt him. And thank you Cheyenne, I also appreciate your prayers. I've been praying a lot to God lately to show me the way and help me to trust Him wholeheartedly and I will continue to. Thank you all again.

t:

YW, and remember, it says, 'without faith it is impossible to please God'.

Good verse for us all to remember, as we enter a new year in the goodness of the Lord. :)

I think you've already gotten a good bit of advice, but, hey--I guess I'll throw some in, too.

We humans are frail, doubting creatures. Everyone goes through seasons of drought, where God seems so distant and the World and its secular values seem so alluring, so real, so...right.

So don't be hard on yourself. I had a brief period of doubting God recently, so I decided to (finally) pray and tell Him about it. I told Him that I felt I was losing the faith and I told Him that sometimes He seemed so far away. I didn't get sparks from Heaven or anything, but God did grant me a certain peace and serenity, a certain sense that He was with me throughout my trials and tribulations.

Keep the faith! Have you read My Utmost for His Highest? Its an awesome daily devotional. I have another one I check out now and then; its called Springs in the Valley. I think a little dose of Good News will help you out as you weather this rough patch.

In my experiences with the LORD, I have always found that He is most willing to do things for me when I do things for Him. Whether it be witnessing, praising, or just saying a quick prayer acknowleding my sin and His glory. One of the fastest ways to the LORD's heart is through tithing! Giving to Him what belongs to Him.

The only time in His Word, (that I know of), where the LORD dares you to test Him is in Malachi, chapter 3, verses 8-10. The LORD says;

“Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, ‘In what way have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,†says the LORD of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it." (emphasis is mine, of course)

Prayers will be lifted up for you, tcc! God Bless!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back