Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Point

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I've gotten a great deal of hate mail for my views as well, including one poster here who - not so long ago - called me a "sick b*#!@^&" in open forum for my so-called "preterist views."

It makes me wonder why so many people feel threatened by the simple truth of Christ's and the apostle's words.

Yet, there are people who continue to stubbornly claim - against all evidence and reason - that Christ is going to return to establish a physical kingdom in a brand-spanking "New Jerusalem" wherein Christ will sit on a physical throne forever.

However, if the book of Hebrews has anything at all to say about such things, all that has already happened.

{22} But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, {23} to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, {24} and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel. Hebrews 12:22-24 (NASB)

We're already there. That's not doctrine. It's the plain, unadulterated Word of God.

Stay on topic

Speaking of which...

...came here to look more into the Lord's Prayer and how having a dispensationalist outlook can affect one's view towards it and....

Hitch...what exactly is the topic here? If it is indeed preterism, then I'll pass...

Speaking of which...

...came here to look more into the Lord's Prayer and how having a dispensationalist outlook can affect one's view towards it and....

Hitch...what exactly is the topic here? If it is indeed preterism, then I'll pass...
The over-all subject is dispensationialism and its' wrongly dividing of the Word of Truth', the Lord's prayer was chosen as an example for several reasons.

On the face of it the DF claim is absurd.

There is ready evidence in print to substantiate the charge.

Its been my experience that most rapture believers (self professed dispensationalists)are shocked to hear this sad portion of their heritage.

The hope ,of course, is that eventually more and more folks will question DF divisions of Scripture, such as Chafer's In speaking of the Scriptures for the Church, Dr. Chafer says, “The Scrip*tures addressed specifically to this company are the Gospel by John—especially the upper room discourse,—the Acts and the Epistles.” (Dispensationalism, pp. 406-07.

and come to understand how important this position is to rapture doctrines, especially DF's standard 'pre-tribulation ' .

The average guy in the pew doesnt know that the cost of the hope of imminent rapture
was not only the Lord's Prayer, and the Sermon on the Mount, but all of Matthew,Mark and Luke.

Last edited by a moderator:
'K, that's what I thought, and I'm sort of up for a conversation about dispensationalism and why there are some very basic flaws to the idea...

But, now I'm outta time....:lol

Hopefully, I'll find the time to take part in this subject...it's an interesting one, and sadly, one of the serious breeches of unity within the Church.

i wonder what would happen if i taught the "truth" on dispy in my church and told them of that.

some would want me to leave others might here and disagree some would listen.

i have been told in a part to dumb down my teaching to the kids as knowledge of the noahides isnt needed. i will comply but i dont see why they shouldnt know what that is and why its revalant.

and i find that the seven laws are the same commands given to the church for the most part in acts 15. a coincidence i think not.

I've gotten a great deal of hate mail for my views as well, including one poster here who - not so long ago - called me a "sick b*#!@^&" in open forum for my so-called "preterist views."

It makes me wonder why so many people feel threatened by the simple truth of Christ's and the apostle's words.

Yet, there are people who continue to stubbornly claim - against all evidence and reason - that Christ is going to return to establish a physical kingdom in a brand-spanking "New Jerusalem" wherein Christ will sit on a physical throne forever.

However, if the book of Hebrews has anything at all to say about such things, all that has already happened.

{22} But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, {23} to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, {24} and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel. Hebrews 12:22-24 (NASB)

We're already there. That's not doctrine. It's the plain, unadulterated Word of God.

It's not that hard to understand their desire to be deluded when you think of how even the Jewish apostles were expecting a earthly messianic kingdom to end all the problems they felt offended by under the romans. Think of the muslims and their desire for a worldly caliphate to remove all the humiliation they perceive in a world dominated by Christianity. The thing is that if Jesus would not have left then we would not have felt the responsibility to carry on His work aided by the Holy Spirit. And it is work. How much easier it would be to give up on the world Christ died for, and just sit around waiting to be raptured.

Its hard to imagine anyone whose posts I've read here would stand for or allow a teacher at his church to openly,or privately for that matter, teach that three of the Gospels were never intended for the church and pertain to a future return to Judasim. I would hope that this teacher would find himself and his associates bannned as heretics.

In speaking of the Scriptures for the Church, Dr. Chafer says, “The Scriptures addressed specifically to this company are the Gospel by John—especially the upper room discourse,—the Acts and the Epistles.” (Dispensationalism, pp. 406-07.)

Chafer was no small time crank. He was in fact an associate of Cy Scofield and the founder of Dallas Theological Seminary. The largest DF school that ever existed.

Some times the battles we face need to be address in small doses. The chipping away at Mt Rushmore has left some real beauty, blowing up the whole mountain would not have...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back