Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Polio virus nearly eradicated

A

Aardverk

Along with hundreds of other species that mankind has deliberately, carelessly or greedily brought to extinction, we are apparently almost there with Polio.

Is it right for mankind to wipe out one of God's creations just because we don't like it? (Said with tongue firmly in cheek.)

LOL

I hadnt quite started school when Polio vacinations were begun.

LOL I hadnt quite started school when Polio vacinations were begun.

For clarity, that would have been a prophylactic vaccination to stop you suffering from polio. We are talking here about the complete eradication of polio from the natural world - same as with smallpox.

My question was - God created polio, should mankind utterly destroy it OR assume that He had good reason to have created it?

For clarity, that would have been a prophylactic vaccination to stop you suffering from polio. We are talking here about the complete eradication of polio from the natural world - same as with smallpox.

My question was - God created polio, should mankind utterly destroy it OR assume that He had good reason to have created it?

OK, show me in scripture where God created diseases and then choose which ones would receive them. Wouldn't that make God a respecter of person. How could God create everything and say it is good if he created diseases that brings pain, anguish and even death.

OK, show me in scripture where God created diseases and then choose which ones would receive them. Wouldn't that make God a respecter of person. How could God create everything and say it is good if he created diseases that brings pain, anguish and even death.
Are you implying that there is a creator other than God?

Along with hundreds of other species that mankind has deliberately, carelessly or greedily brought to extinction, we are apparently almost there with Polio.

Is it right for mankind to wipe out one of God's creations just because we don't like it? (Said with tongue firmly in cheek.)
I think a strong case could be made for things such as polio being the result of a fallen world, a creation now less than what God had declared good. It is not only right for mankind to wipe out such diseases, it is the Christian's imperative to attempt to do so.

Who made the diseases if not God?

Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Disease and pestilence is that of Satan to try and steal our faith in Christ. Whether child or adult they are of the Lords if their faith stands strong even to death for that which Satan causes them to face. Faith stands strong in the face of persecution and always brings us out victorious in the end. 1Corinthians 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Disease and pestilence is that of Satan to try and steal our faith in Christ. Whether child or adult they are of the Lords if their faith stands strong even to death for that which Satan causes them to face. Faith stands strong in the face of persecution and always brings us out victorious in the end.

I'm not sure if you are quoting that from somewhere or if those are your own words 'for_his_glory'. Are you saying that Satan is also a creator (of diseases etc) and that God didn't create polio (etc)? i.e. that God is not the only creator. Or are you saying that God created them so that Satan can use them to try to steal faith in Christ?

I think the safest analogy is that God did not create GM Trout. God created trout, we created the augmentation in trout.

Also, was it polio or something else that was almost eradicated in 3rd world countries by simply teaching hygiene and then WHO took all the credit by curing a small percentage of the remaining population?

I think the safest analogy is that God did not create GM Trout. God created trout, we created the augmentation in trout.

I'm not sure I understand that analogy. You seem to be saying that polio was genetically engineered by man. Surely you don't really think that?

It seems to me that there are four options. The explanation for polio and other diseases is either....

1. God created everything and saw that it was good - and we simply have not realized yet why diseases are 'good'. OR
2. God was not the only creator and diseases were created by Satan - for example. OR
3. Evolution is a fact. OR
4. Despite man's searching answers for 'everything' he has not yet found the right answer. i.e. it's not God OR evolution but something else.

Any ideas for number 4?

Why is this even debated? Of course it's right to eradicate a disease to save thousands of lives!

Of course it is right to eliminate diseases along with every other major source of death and suffering but you are being too literal. Maybe on that level you think we should eliminate mosquitoes, crocodiles, hippopotami and lions as well? They all kill and maim people.

The question is in reality the unspoken sub-text of WHY would God create such things OR did he not create them? If he did NOT where did they come from?

No one has yet come up with an answer to that sub-text but maybe you can.

No, I do not believe that man engineered polio, but that which it came from was not of a destructive nature. The enemy can manipulate the world. And don't call me Surely.

Back