Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Poll: Age for first tattoo?

Age for your first tattoo?

• I was 30-39 when I got my first tattoo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was 40-49 when I got my first tattoo

• I was 50-59 when I got my first tattoo

• I was 60 or over when I got my first tattoo

• I don't have a tattoo and am undecided about getting one

• Total voters

farouk

Hi so in view of the potentials of ink for faith related designs, when did folk either get their first tattoo, or when do you intend to get your first, or maybe you intend never to get one?

Votes and/or comments, please...

I'm in the midst of designing one. well, one conglomerated one of many different stories.

I'm just seeing how it will turn out using photoshop and so forth before actually applying it.

That being said, it will be 20-29 when I'll be getting the start of it.

It's my bucket list (yes I have a bucket list at 21 ;) ) but a very intriguing one at that. and each time I accoplish something on my bucket list that's held at a high personal standard, then I'll add that to the accumulated tattoo's (which at the moment looks like it will be eventually covering my entire back.

I would say, however, a person shouldn't get one until they are over 20. The reason for that is obvious, which is maturity level and just how well an individual can judge their own personal preferences. But there are still WAY too many immature 20+ year old's.

I made it through four years in the Navy without getting one, and saw many mark up their bodies in ways I think by now they surely have come to regret. No way for me!

TG

I made it through four years in the Navy without getting one, and saw many mark up their bodies in ways I think by now they surely have come to regret. No way for me!

TG

T:

Okay.

So did you and/or Mrs Tailgunner ever consider getting one, one time?

Tattoos - absolutely not Farouk - needles and Mrs Tailgunner definitly dont belong in the same sentence :lol

Harvest:

I see.

So you know Mrs T, do you?

But anyway, you'd be surprised how many somewhat more mature ladies are getting them.

PS: Harvest, did you vote in the poll yet? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Harvest:

I see.

So you know Mrs T, do you?

Hey we go back forever - I was even at the wedding :)

But anyway, you'd be surprised how many somewhat more mature ladies are getting them.

dangerous ground Farouk - are you saying Im Old :grumpy

PS: Harvest, did you vote in the poll yet? :)

Vote dutifully cast and definitly no tattoos for me - besides even if I was brave I dont think my wonderful husband would be too happy with me.:nono

Vote dutifully cast and definitly no tattoos for me - besides even if I was brave I dont think my wonderful husband would be too happy with me.:nono

Ms Harvest:

Oh I didn't know you were Mrs. Tailgunner ... :).

'Brave' is one way of putting it...though these days many people use a numbing agent, so they don't feel much...

I don't suppose you ever even fleetingly wondered about being, like you say, 'brave' in this way, though, did you...

(PS: thanks for your vote. :) )

Ms Harvest:

Oh I didn't know you were Mrs. Tailgunner ... :).

'Brave' is one way of putting it...though these days many people use a numbing agent, so they don't feel much...

I don't suppose you ever even fleetingly wondered about being, like you say, 'brave' in this way, though, did you...

(PS: thanks for your vote. :) )

Farouk I've thoughly enjoyed being Mrs Tailgunner for four months now :) and as for the tattoo I dont think its ever crossed my mind as being a remotely fun thing to do

Blessings

TGs Lady

Farouk I've thoughly enjoyed being Mrs Tailgunner for four months now :) and as for the tattoo I dont think its ever crossed my mind as being a remotely fun thing to do

Blessings

TGs Lady

Mrs T & Mr T:

Congrats, you guys....

Thanks, Farouk! It was an unusual ceremony, performed by a riverside. But still no tattoos involved. :toofunny Just out of curiosity, though, do you have a tattoo?

TG

T: Oh I regretted years ago an oriental character on my arm that soon faded.

But I guess there is potential for faith related designs?

T: Oh I regretted years ago an oriental character on my arm that soon faded.

But I guess there is potential for faith related designs?

Leviticus 19:28

<sup class="versenum" id="en-NASB-3310">28</sup>'You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD. (NASB)

Sounds to me like a commandment, Farouk. I think I'll stay away from them.

TG

I have NEVER seen ANYONE who's appearance was enhanced by a tatoo.

I have NO idea why that industry is doing so well.

Back