Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pope claimed to be God

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

CherubRam

Judaic Christian
Pope claimed to be God

“The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth.” Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, “Cities Petrus Bertanous”.

Pope Nicholas I declared: ”The appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who ,being God, cannot be judged by man.”(Labb IX Dist.: 96 Can 7 Satis Evidentur Decret Gratian Primer Para)

The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, He is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh.” Catholic National July 1895

“We hold upon this earth the place of Almighty God” Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20,1894

” All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” On the authority of the Councils,book 2,chapter 17

The Pope is of so great dignity, and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God,, and the vicar of God.” Ferraris Ecclesiastical dictionary
Did Pope Pius V, Pope Nicholas and other statements that our Popes claimed to be as God?

2 Thessalonians 2:4
Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God’s, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sits in a temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Pope seated on throne between the Cherubim at temple.
francis-thone-cherub.jpg

Pope claimed to be God

“The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth.” Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, “Cities Petrus Bertanous”.

Pope Nicholas I declared: ”The appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who ,being God, cannot be judged by man.”(Labb IX Dist.: 96 Can 7 Satis Evidentur Decret Gratian Primer Para)

The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, He is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh.” Catholic National July 1895

“We hold upon this earth the place of Almighty God” Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20,1894

” All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” On the authority of the Councils,book 2,chapter 17

The Pope is of so great dignity, and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God,, and the vicar of God.” Ferraris Ecclesiastical dictionary
Did Pope Pius V, Pope Nicholas and other statements that our Popes claimed to be as God?

Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God’s, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sits in a temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

francis-thone-cherub.jpg

More falsehoods about the Catholic Church culled from anti-Catholic web sites.

You ask "Did Pope Pius V, Pope Nicholas and other statements that our Popes claimed to be as God?"
The answer is NO they didn't.

Do you ever check out these supposed citations?
The answer would appear to be not.

Pope claimed to be God

francis-thone-cherub.jpg
Do you have anything more dumb to post?

I have to wonder what God thinks of all this division upon which you feed your unchristianly soul.

CherubRam this thread is in violation of the ToS 1.4 in which you need to go back and read. This is nothing more than Catholic bashing whether it is true or not as there are many Catholics that are Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit. We are taught in scripture to not follow man, but to be led by the Holy Spirit. Whether it be a Pope, Pastor, Rabbi, Buddha or any leader of the 5000 different religions that are out there we are to let no one teach us apart from the Holy Spirit.

1John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

It would do you better to stay away from such topics and concentrate more on the doctrines of Christ.

CherubRam this thread is in violation of the ToS 1.4 in which you need to go back and read. This is nothing more than Catholic bashing whether it is true or not as there are many Catholics that are Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit. We are taught in scripture to not follow man, but to be led by the Holy Spirit. Whether it be a Pope, Pastor, Rabbi, Buddha or any leader of the 5000 different religions that are out there we are to let no one teach us apart from the Holy Spirit.

1John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

It would do you better to stay away from such topics and concentrate more on the doctrines of Christ.
It's Catholic history. I would think people would be interested in how bible prophecy is being fulfilled.

Political correctness is worldliness.
Who's being politically correct? That's what is wrong with so many as they believe a socially acceptable word by man, but ignore the truth in what has already been written.

Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

What would be politically correct? I think this is one example.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
2 Timothy 4:3-5 NKJV

It's Catholic history. I would think people would be interested in how bible prophecy is being fulfilled.
I just want to say that all denominations have done their share of evil.
Jesus said His church would stand and the gates of hell would not prevail.

As a matter of fact, while men have done much evil to man, God's church HAS indeed prevailed.

If you wish to have a serious discussion as to Catholicism, that is welcomed.
If you just wish to divide the brethren, then you are working against what Jesus wanted.

John 17:19-23
And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth. "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us,

I just want to say that all denominations have done their share of evil.
Jesus said His church would stand and the gates of hell would not prevail.

As a matter of fact, while men have done much evil to man, God's church HAS indeed prevailed.

If you wish to have a serious discussion as to Catholicism, that is welcomed.
If you just wish to divide the brethren, then you are working against what Jesus wanted.

John 17:19-23
And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth. "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us,
I know there are real Christians in the Catholic Church, because the scriptures say this:

Revelation 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back