Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pope endorses same sex civil unions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm glad I'm not gay.
Otherwise I would be taking this all personally.
As far as I am concerned, the gay question has made me doubt the authenticity of the whole Bible. Pedophilia is clearly evil. Adults of same sex in committed relationships...however ..well the Bible just doesn't go into that kind of detail.
The gay act is wrong, wrong, wrong. No more questions please.
Its easy to tell someone what they want to hear. Lots of people would tell you Christ being the only way to the Father is wrong/offensive. I'm glad you are not Gay as well as that road leads to destruction. Keep the faith. We believe in a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous. One therefore should always strive to keep a clear conscience before God.

The act in question is forbidden by God. Nothing we state can change that. I don't elevate the sin as in a abomination but do incorporate the sin into sexually immorality.

As far as those offended my response is the same.
"But that doesn't make it a lie"

Reactions: JLB
Well hardcore Bible Christians don't like hearing what the Pope said about same sex civil unions either. It works both ways.
is the Judas Iscariot a child of God ,are the people of Sodom and gommorah children of God
.the pope quote by you implies that God changed his mind

Reactions: JLB
Sodom is one of their favourite words too. An obsession perhaps? Interesting to psychoanalyse that one
i guess sex with a 13 year old boy is acceptable to God as that was the age of consent then .men over 30 typically were the ones .

that is what Paul addresses in,Romans one .

i guess the Catholic should push for prostitution legalisation too

Only because you believe every word of the Bible is verbatim from God
well because God isn't or either is able to tell what he wants bit somehow you think,that rome and those cultures who did accept gay unions at under 18 are accepted by God then blast pedophiles today .

can't set a standard outside of God either pedophilia is wrong or it isn't .in those days 12 or 13 was adulthood

God allowed that ,,and,I'm not,implying,allowimg,minors to,marry but that is weak,argument,if you,allow sex betweem two,minors .and,our culture does .its not,a,crime,if two,13 year olds have sex and,child is born

hat rome and those cultures who did accept gay unions at under 18 are accepted by God then blast pedophiles today .
i dont understand the acceptance of pedophilia during that time. it wasnt right then. its not right now. Thats my view. call me judgemental if you like. Roman culture under Nero, Caligula and the like had gone to seed. They had become amoral.

i dont understand the acceptance of pedophilia during that time. it wasnt right then. its not right now. Thats my view. call me judgemental if you like. Roman culture under Nero, Caligula and the like had gone to seed. They had become amoral.
how so if Romans one is now invalid because the culture them defined adulthood as 13 .if gay unions are ok at 18,16 in my,state because unless a county law forbids sex ,at that age with an adult at 22 its legal in my state .

you can't do that ,the mother of Jesus wasn't an adult ,she was 15 by tradition that is the way it was ,you can't pick morality based on modern fickle mores.not that adulthood should be under 18 but well what one is allowed to do as a teen is strange .he can drive at 17.if graduates from high school ,enlist a nd be sent to fight in war ,yet there is limits strange .

God set aside sex for marriage ,yet we wise men say God your wrong and encourage men to fornicate and adulterate and get perturbed if two minors want to marry to each other .

God set aside sex for marriage ,yet we wise men say God your wrong and encourage men to fornicate and adulterate and get perturbed if two minors want to marry to each other .
Your thinking is strange if you ask me. Someone else's turn to respond to you .

Your thinking is strange if you ask me. Someone else's turn to respond to you .
that isn't strange thinking ,that is how it is in my,state in and i enlisted with my parents consent at 17.I know a man who graduated high school at 17 ,enlisted and was in basic with me and turned 18 in,basic . people do start school early enough .

I never said I,want,adulthood under 17 .but,well ask an,18,year old,about,anything,then,ask,a,50,year old about that same thing,.whose head is level,?

the,18 year old or 50 year old ?
theres more he can't drink or smoke at 17 but can be sent to war ,or even if 18 ,no drinking ,can't own a gun ,but cant marry ,buy a car ,a house ,

I'm,all,for a leveled across the board age adulthood ,until 1971 ,a boy aged 18 couldn't vote but be drafted and die in,Vietnam.

that is exactly what I, getting at .I havent gone into the ages where one can fly ,11 years old a kid can fly to where ever but not drive a car .

just stating laws of legality

Note...he doesn't endorse same sex marriage

I'm not accusing the Pope of anything but Jesus has given us warning.
"False christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand."
Matthew 24:24-25 NKJV

Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
2 Timothy 4:2-4 NKJV

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.
2 Peter 2:1 NKJV

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John 4:1 NKJV

We must be vigilant and keep watch for not everything is always as it would appear.

In some countries gays get persecuted simply for being gay. They should be loved by there family not thrown out, and live without fear of being arrested. Maybe that's what it's about. I agree.

Last edited:
My view is that the Pope is not deliberately contradicting Bible verses against the homosexual act. He is more concerned that LGBTI Christians are being treated like lepers, outcasts and pariahs. His focus is on being inclusive. We are all children of God. That is definitely his focus. He would never agree that only saved Christians are children of God. That thinking is exclusive. Elitist. Divisive. And lacking Gospel compassion.

My view is that the Pope is not deliberately contradicting Bible verses against the homosexual act. He is more concerned that LGBTI Christians are being treated like lepers, outcasts and pariahs. His focus is on being inclusive. We are all children of God. That is definitely his focus. He would never agree that only saved Christians are children of God. That thinking is exclusive. Elitist. Divisive. And lacking Gospel compassion.
the previous didnt call the church to endorse this ,not did he say to disrespect them .

so lets logicallt go here ,we endorse your right to marry ,a legal contract,is mere verbiage as in the u.s its the same .it makes no sense to the. deny them right to adopt ,since the Christian faith overseas and in,the West leas adoption agencies ,

a God given right to have families is what he said .

Are you sure you are following your own advice WIP?
What do you mean? It sounds like you're accusing me of something. Please spit it out.

In your opening post the claim is that the Pope endorses or approves of gay civil unions. It would seem that a couple involved in civil union is living together and like marriages they are likely sleeping together. To endorse this is to approve of them engaging in sexual activity. If that is not his intention then he is sending a very confusing message. The article you shared supports this because it talks about how the gay community is excited about it. I think it is a dangerous path the pope is paving and it seems more like he's appeasing worldly desires rather than teaching Godly righteousness.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back