Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Possessed?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Maybe in Matthew 17: 14 "epileptic" was a category to describe the boy's ailment basing on observations of the symptoms, but (unlike many of today's medicine's diagnoses) it didn't describe the CAUSES of the condition. Epilepsy being a descriptive term ("he has seizures") , but not an explanatory term (it did not make assupmtions of the origin of the symptoms, like "he has seizure due to out of control brain activity", or "... due to an evil spirit dwelling in him"). So the text doesn't give us a general explanation as to how epilepsy is caused. In the boys case it was caused by demons obviously. But that doesn't mean that demons are the only possible cause.

More importantly just ask yourself: if you were possessed, wouldn't you know? Wouldn't the holy spirit within you let you sense the evil presence, or just simply expell it? I can't imagine a christian being seriously possessed without noticing it.

More importantly just ask yourself: if you were possessed, wouldn't you know? Wouldn't the holy spirit within you let you sense the evil presence, or just simply expell it? I can't imagine a christian being seriously possessed without noticing it.

I would think so, but I don't like taking things for granted that I know very little about. I don't think I am (others may argue, lol). It's good to get others perspectives about things though. Sometimes I wonder if I was spiritually attacked in Ohio when I had that wreck when having a seizure. Wondered if they tried to kill me. Perhaps not, the way it sounds now.

Again... wisdom from the women....

Yessiree. Many men underestimate the women methinks. Coincidence? No. Absolutely not. :)

There are many different types of demons as implied by the one (many) that Jesus expelled when it said my name is Legion for we are many. Then it begged to be put into the herd of swine instead of the abyss. I think they need habitation.

Wow Edward, your honesty is a blessing, and thank you for sharing your life with us. If I could make a suggestion? although you seem to have the issue under control, the communion of the Lords Body has great spiritual power, when taken in simplicity and faith. I can point you to some good teaching if you like? Joseph Prince has some really good teaching on how we as individuals can receive from the Lords Body. That great man of God, Smith Wigglesworth took communion daily and testifies of its power. Again thank you and blessing of grace to your spirit.

I have to admit, I've wondered about my computer before. I thought it was in jest but why not? They always seem to need a place to go.

Demon possession is very real guys. The devil will come at the non believer in many ways. Don't let the world fool you, making you think there is no devil or they can't possess your soul. They already got you if you think that. This is not a game.

I find the Christian notion of demonic possession quite bizarre to be honest. The concept of a spirit taking over a body and suppressing the spirit of yourself while controlling your neurological output to be highly illogical.

I also should tell you that is a very poor translation of the Bible you have :biggrin

says the non christian..

Well I just cannot wrap my head around the thought of Demon Possession. God lets other beings invade our bodies? What if these beings make us sin? God denies man the ability to function and live.

I will make a separate thread about this. I do not wish to derail this topic

I keep saying to my self "do not derail this thread" but I can't help myself :biggrin.

Well I guess it's the same as not wrapping your head around the fact that Jesus is Lord and Savior.

What makes you think it is a fact Jesus is lord and Savior? I see nothing factual about it.

I keep saying to my self "do not derail this thread" but I can't help myself :biggrin.

Well I guess it's the same as not wrapping your head around the fact that Jesus is Lord and Savior.

What makes you think it is a fact Jesus is lord and Savior? I see nothing factual about it.

That's why they call it faith, and why you're on a christian forum talking to me. It was meant to be.

That's why they call it faith, and why you're on a christian forum talking to me. It was meant to be.

I am on a Christian forum to commune with Christians :). I never get to discuss theological concerns with many sadly. Most hast their forums in an apartheid between infidels and Christians :biggrin.

[MENTION=90467]BadOlPuttyTat[/MENTION] I'm sorry I jumped on ya. I hope your stay is joyful and knowledgable. :wave

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back