Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Post Covid Dress Standards

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Rockytopva

I believe the churches were birthed in the ages. As I believe all these churches are Christian churches I do not mind to visit or read into them...

Ephesus - Messianic
Smyna - Martyr
Pregamos - Orthodox - Pergos is a tower, needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholic - Took form with Constantine
Sardis - Protestant - Took form with Martin Luther
Philadelphia - Revived - Non-Violent with men like John Bunyan.
Laodicean - Mainly independent churches birthed post 1900

It is interesting as we come out of Post-Covid that the dress standard is much more relaxed. I have visited all kinds of churches and shorts are more and more accepted. I went to a Holiness camp meeting back in 2019 and saw an old gentleman there with shorts. Now, I would not want anything said to the guy and would just smile a little if I were to greet him. But this is a growing trend these days. This is something that I did not see in church until here recently.
309692_9713cb1bff6547ece19302b31f4dae92.jpg

I believe the churches were birthed in the ages. As I believe all these churches are Christian churches I do not mind to visit or read into them...

Ephesus - Messianic
Smyna - Martyr

It is interesting as we come out of Post-Covid that the dress standard is much more relaxed. I have visited all kinds of churches and shorts are more and more accepted. I went to a Holiness camp meeting back in 2019 and saw an old gentleman there with shorts. Now, I would not want anything said to the guy and would just smile a little if I were to greet him. But this is a growing trend these days. This is something that I did not see in church until here recently.

Ephesus - Messianic
Smyna - Martyr

Why would you smile, if you disapproved?

Why would you smile, if you disapproved?
I heard someone say… My mom was always on me when I went to church wearing baggy clothes, she always would tell me you need to like nice when you go to church, I believe she gets it from being raised up in a Catholic school. She told me those nuns could be mean and strict.

My granny, though not Catholic, was like this as well. I myself, though, still will go to church in dress pants and a button-down shirt, as if I can hear my granny onto me about the same thing.

I heard someone say… My mom was always on me when I went to church wearing baggy clothes, she always would tell me you need to like nice when you go to church, I believe she gets it from being raised up in a Catholic school. She told me those nuns could be mean and strict.

My granny, though not Catholic, was like this as well. I myself, though, still will go to church in dress pants and a button-down shirt, as if I can hear my granny onto me about the same thing.
As we are always representing both the life and death of our dear Savior, whenever we are out in public, it behooves us not to dress immorally or shabbily either.

Hawai'i is very informal and relaxed. My blood pressure dropped the minute I stepped off the plane when we first arrived there. Shorts, sandals, casual shirt is standard attire. Coming back to Houston, I now "get dressed" to go out. I miss Hawai'i.

Ephesus - Messianic
Smyna - Martyr

You do realize the seven Churches in Revelation were actual Churches in Asia. Not sure what a dress code has to do with them.

Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

The church I originally grew up in, it only seems like within the past few years (a bit before COVID) that women were even getting away with jeans and a nice dress shirt.

I remember growing up and I had to have a clean dress ready that was wrinkle free. If I had wrinkles on my dress, it's possible I would end up in trouble. I got so tired of this. Being a teenager that stayed up late and church was really the last thing I was thinking about, I became frustrated. Of course it was then I ended up learning the damp cloth in the dryer to de-wrinkle trick because I didn't know how to use a clothing iron. To be honest, I still don't.

Either way, if I walk into a church these days, I don't really feel shame walking in wearing jeans and a t-shirt on a Sunday morning. In fact, if I go to a church for the first time, it's generally what I'll wear if not a pair of sweats. I'm often curious to see how a church will treat me when I'm dressed down. If they won't treat me nicely when I'm dressed down, then they will only be fake when I dress up so it won't be worth the problems. The churches that actually care about you aren't standing there scolding you for what you're wearing.

There are probably some churches out there still that are very traditional with dress shirts and slacks/suits for men and dresses/skirt and top for women. Although, perhaps people are starting to realize not everyone can afford a nice outfit or that certain types of dress are largely uncomfortable or perhaps that we should treat people nicely no matter how they are dressed.

I know this is a very debatable topic and if anyone feels they should dress up for a Sunday morning, there's no shame in that, either.

I have read all that you wrote in that thread, but not sure of what your point is within all of it that you wrote. Can you nutshell what point you are trying to make?

Rev 1-3 The seven angels are sent out to the seven Churches in the Roman province of Asia. The seven Churches is also a dual reference to the whole Church that makes up the body of Christ as in Jew and Gentile, Galatians 3:28, 29, that have been Spiritually born again and baptized in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, John 3:3-6. God knows our works as in our strengths and our weak areas that we slack in and need instruction.

God has given us his seven spirits which begin with the spirit of the Lord that will rest upon us, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear (respect) of the Lord that they might rest on us as they rested on Jesus, Isaiah 11:2, that we remain in Gods will for the works of preaching his word in all truths. It is not we that speak, but the Holy Spirit that speaks through us so we remain a vessel of honor before him. Philadelphia is that undefiled body of Christ that is laid out for us as an example of Gods pure undefiled religion that is unspotted of the world, James 1:27.​

I have read all that you wrote in that thread, but not sure of what your point is within all of it that you wrote. Can you nutshell what point you are trying to make?

Rev 1-3 The seven angels are sent out to the seven Churches in the Roman province of Asia. The seven Churches is also a dual reference to the whole Church that makes up the body of Christ as in Jew and Gentile, Galatians 3:28, 29, that have been Spiritually born again and baptized in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, John 3:3-6. God knows our works as in our strengths and our weak areas that we slack in and need instruction.

God has given us his seven spirits which begin with the spirit of the Lord that will rest upon us, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear (respect) of the Lord that they might rest on us as they rested on Jesus, Isaiah 11:2, that we remain in Gods will for the works of preaching his word in all truths. It is not we that speak, but the Holy Spirit that speaks through us so we remain a vessel of honor before him. Philadelphia is that undefiled body of Christ that is laid out for us as an example of Gods pure undefiled religion that is unspotted of the world, James 1:27.​

I believe we are in Laodicean times, which also has an effect on dress.

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; - 2 Thessalonians 2:2-3

I believe in our time we will see these things come to pass.

I believe we are in Laodicean times, which also has an effect on dress.

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; - 2 Thessalonians 2:2-3

I believe in our time we will see these things come to pass.
I totally agree as many churches even kick Jesus to the curb.

Back