Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] Praise God..I'm coming back to life! (long!)

I messed up when I was 17-19. To my credit, I had mental problems, I was immature, and nobody really seemed to care. No matter. At 20, I was a prematurely aged, pill popping, girly homosexual, so the (private, expensive) mental hospital gave me tons of heavy ECT when I needed to have my stomach pumped. They kept me there for 3 weeks of psychological torture and heavy drugging. I left dull eyed.

More ECT at 23. Then...

...Teen Challenge, 24-25. Full repentance, 28. Now, I'm 29. I'm coming back from the dead.

Somewhere in the Bible, it says that a body without a spirit is dead. I was dead in my trespasses, dead in my sins, dead from what I had done and what the world had done to me. Still, Jesus kept me going, I guess knowing that I'd wake up and turn to Him one day.

I did, and now...

...I'm not effeminate. I'm pursuing a life of celibacy. No drugs, minima meds, loads of vitamins (Orthomolecular...if you ever go crazy, TRY IT!). My IQ, once as low as 95 (dull-normal), has shot up...

...more importantly: I'm coming back from the dead. No more nights of dream-less sleep. I have bright, vivid dreams, sometimes nightmares....

...my family relationships are better. I'm tight with my dad for the first time ever...

...memories are returning. I'm supposed to be, at best, a vegetable. Jesus wants something more for my life.

Lots of people aren't happy about it around here. "Uppity mental patient," all that nonsense. I can't care anymore. I mean, I just can't. This is God's work in my life.

I praise God for saving a wretch like me. I've seen Him save others, too, and I praise Him for that. I have no idea where He's going with my life. I've had mental "issues" since childhood, and now...

...He's bringing me back from the dead, as a completely different person. I'll probably have to move, sooner or later, and find a community where an "uppity mental patient" can get on with his life...

...Praise God for His unending mercy and kindness. Better alive as a bright eyed, work-in-progress Christian working on building a future than being the living dead as a "mental patient," right? Better to suffer through things, feel things, think things, than to be a mental patient with no feelings, no initiative, nothing but slow decay in a mental hospital...

...some rambling, I'm sorry. I'm blessed to be alive, and blessed to know Christ and be in a position to know other Christians. Praise God.

I don't see your words as 'rambling,' my friend. Instead, I see someone who is truly become a new man in our Lord's everlasting love!

I also don't see someone who is "uppity." Instead, I see someone who is singing with thanksgiving & praise to our Lord for saving such a wretch & providing new life to him.

You ARE blessed because our Lord LOVES YOU!

And we thank our Lord for bringing you amongst us here at CFnet, @Christ_empowered ... we are happy you are here as proof to any and all the wondrous works of our Lord!

Be blessed!

Thanks! I really am trying to "get with the program" and, as you say, become a "new creation in Christ Jesus." He's not only given me salvation, He's given me a fresh start. I truly am beginning to become a whole new person.

It can be a challenge to toss off the old self as the new self is being formed, strengthened & employed into everyday existence. The same is true with tossing off nasty comments from others; but their opinion is but whispering winds when compared to the loving communication you have with our Lord. Trust Him completely ... and lean on Him when your journey hits one of those road bumps. He loves you!

Welcome back from the dead man! That's an amazing testimony and it really shows the power and love of God! He can pull us out of the deepest trench, and won't ever stop loving us.

Thanks! I really am trying to "get with the program" and, as you say, become a "new creation in Christ Jesus." He's not only given me salvation, He's given me a fresh start. I truly am beginning to become a whole new person.
As God's work continues in you conforming you into the image of His Son, and you just as the prodigal son of Luke 15:10-32 found the fruitless effort of his way returned to his Father, allow God to take you past that into the vision He has for you.

2 Peter 3:18 says it like this; "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and Paul's life changing event at first is shown us in Acts 22:6-7 Yeah, I saw a light, I fell to the ground, and heard a voice from heaven, but that was not Paul's only testimony. Philippians 3:13-4 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

build yourself up in the word see yourself as god see you . if you asked god how am i he would say you have the mind of christ. you have a sound mind great is your peace and undisturbed composure

Back