Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Praises to our Lord for His blessings!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

AirDancer

I'm still singing praises to our Lord for His blessings... I can't seem to stop!

I stopped at a red light, on my way to run an errand, put my car in neutral, and waited for the light to change. An SUV stopped beside me, music blasting, and the 4 young people were having a good time inside the vehicle. Finally, the green light lit up.

I put the car in gear .... and absolutely nothing happened. My car didn't move. I noticed the SUV hadn't moved either, but then, the kids weren't really paying attention, enjoying their time together more than paying heed to the traffic light.

I checked once again that I had the car in gear; it was. As I was trying to figure out what was going on, a car came zooming through what was a red light for them.

Had I proceeded through the intersection when the light initially changed, I would have been broadsided by the speeding vehicle. At his rate of speed, the damage would have been fatal for my car and quite possibly me.

As soon as the intersection was clear, my car's engine revved just a second, to let me know it was time to go, and I proceeded on my way, as did the SUV beside me.

I truly believe our Lord prevented my car from moving, and kept those young people occupied, in order to keep us safe.

Praises of thanksgiving to our Lord who shows us daily that He loves us!

Thanks, Christ_empowered ....I am as well! And I'm still dancing on air & singing praises for His mercy and grace!

images

Thanks for this post. God is at work daily in our lives and in our world, a fact that I all too often forget. I was praying this AM and God put it on my heart that I tend to box Him in, try to make Him conform to my image of Him. Part of this, for me, is seeing Him as a distant, somewhat angry "force." That's not Biblical, and I prayed forgiveness this morning.

I am *very* glad that God intervened in your life and the lives of those young people. Even if they don't repent right away, He may be planting seeds in what may well prove to be (eventually) good soil.

We do at times have the tendency to put our Lord in a box, Christ_empowered, especially when life is rolling along smoothly for us. And then, out of the blue, an event occurs like the one about which I posted. Talk about awe-inspiring!

Thank you for sharing how this thread has affected your life, my friend :wave2 Your words have brought a new level of humbleness to me to know that our Lord directed my path in a way that benefits another!

Back