Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Pray for Leslie

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
OK. I don't know this young woman personally, but her grandmother has become something of a spiritual mentor to me, especially since I came to repentance a bit over 1 year ago. I met her (the grandmother) at an outing while I was at Teen Challenge. She said God told her to talk to me, after I shared my testimony with her congregation. We've been in touch ever since, so that's a good 4+ years. Since I came to repentance, she's helped me exercise my faith, grow and mature, and guided my path. Its a wonderful friendship.

Her grand-daughter's having a rough patch. I can relate. Psychiatrists and their prescriptions and labels, psychologists (secular) with their self-centered, secular thinking. Family problems. Growing pains.

Please pray that she can find The Lord and get her life straight. She's bright and talented and young. Her grandmother is afraid of where this is going, and so am I.

So, please: pray. Satan, as per usual, is on the prowl, seeking whom he may devour. He seems to favor the young and the vulnerable.

Praying for her CE in Jesus' name. When we do that, expect God's influence, and many times there comes great adversity such as with Job to bring them into His will for them. If I'm understanding you correctly you're saying she doesn't know the Lord at all? Thanks.

I should have given a little more background. She had a terrible (I mean TERRIBLE) mother, but her grandparents helped get her into church at a young age. So, she knows the Lord, or knows of Him, and she knows what it means to be in church and live the right way. She's in her early 20s, so you've got growing up issues, plus her wretched mother, plus all the pills, plus...ugh. Its just rough.

I've been praying that He won't let her sins destroy her and that He will bring her to repentance sooner, rather than later. I don't know what else to pray for. Her grandmother, my friend/spiritual mentor, is deeply distressed.

We just pray and allow God to do the work in her life. We know the love He displayed with us and can take comfort in the fact that He does all things well. We live having deserved nothing, but grace prevailed. Praise His name. :)

Your friend and her granddaughter are in my prayers, Christ_empowered . Your friend, for the peace that only our Lord can provide; for her granddaughter, that her heart is touched by our Lord for complete healing as well as repentance for a new life with our Lord.

Prayers for you as well, my friend, for you love this grandmother who remains a special gift to you from our Lord.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back