Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] Pray for me to get better

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Dear God:

The lady reading this is beautiful, classy, strong and I love her.

Help her live her life to the fullest.

Please promote her and cause her to excel above her expectations.

Help her shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love.

Protect her at all times, lift her up when she needs you the most,

and let her know as she walks with you, she will always have a path-way to overcome.

Amen.

Fembot, I've had to deal with depression since I was 12 years old. The people around me really in my family and friends who don't have it don't really understand the struggle to overcome. I have learned they are not the people to look to for understanding. I also used to have PMS for 2 weeks out of every month. That was not a picnic at all! Anyway, after dealing with this for over 45 years, (I don't take the pills, I live with it when it attacks and go into some serious overtime prayer time and reading of the Psalms until it passes. I've also learned to look at it like the weather.... Storms come and go. When my son was younger he made me a drawing with a flower and the sun shine.... and wrote in his little child-like handwriting...... "The Sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar... Tomorrow, tomorrow....."

I still have that drawing and Yes, the sun does come out again.... We just have to bear with the storms and batten down the hatches.... I hope you are doing better today. If the struggle is still there..... then know that you will be okay soon. Jesus Love you.

God Bless.

JoJo said:
What a beautiful prayer, Relic!

Why thank you sweetie. :) I refer to the prayer when I have tough times also. I got the prayer in an email from my half sis in Florida. I really like it also. I thought to share it with Fembot hoping it would encourage her. The only line I changed was the last line. I thought to change the last line for encouragement in overcoming tough times.

God Bless.

Fembot said:
God help me to control my depression and to have the courage to do what makes me happy.

Thank you

Hi Fernbot , I'm pretty new to this forum myself , .. :wave .. and your prayer request just caught my attention.

Did you attempt to trace the root cause of your depression ?
The problem must be nibbed in the bud , rather than treating the outward symptoms ....

In any case , I'd be praying for you.
...... :pray

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

:amen

I have no idea what the real root of the reason is for your depression. Medical, a desire to have something you haven't got, etc. I am not expecting you to say. Perhaps if you haven't identified it yet, you could think about what was different when you were happier. Sometimes in life we just have to reach the point, where, if we can't fix the problems of the past or present, then we shouldn't spend our time focusing on them. It can be like a gnawing pain.
I personally try to stay away from thoughts of everything that went wrong in life. It is hard sometimes.
Kelli mentioned a verse that used to be my favorite.
Philippians 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9  Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
You've got a good headstart to get your mind off things... you've got some friends. :)

Glad to hear that you're feeling better, Fembot! God be with you, and keep up the strength! I'll be thinking about depression in my prayers tonight.

Ok
May the peace of God and the power of His love help you to think on those things that are in your best spiritual interests... and keep you on track. Amen
That's it. End of thread. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back