Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Pray that I FORGET THIS PERSON

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So a while ago I met this guy online and it was a random occurance (no I did not go in to a chat room and no I did not meet him on a message board) The way we met was weird (no, he did not hack my computer and I did not hack him) we both thought it was God who brought us together. So we talked online and eventually over the phone and text for about 4 years. To make a long story short it was great but then it wasn't so we stopped talking and I miss him. Please please please pray that I forget about him. Yeah ok I miss him a lot but trust me it is better this way. We had good reasons to stop talking. Please pray that I forget about him and move on because I hate missing him and I hate thinking about him when he's probably already forgetten me. And no I am not contacting him. Also if you're wondering if I like him: I did at one point but that was a whille ago. The part that sickens me the most is that I still think of him as a friend and I don't want to.

I would pray that you forgive first! Forgive yourself for any mistakes you made, and forgive him for any mistakes he made. You are both human and the best any of us can do is forgive mistakes, learn from them, and move on. If you just forget it, you will likely repeat it.

God Bless You!

Steve

You can read more of my writing at www.clear2learn.tumblr.com

I would pray that you forgive first! Forgive yourself for any mistakes you made, and forgive him for any mistakes he made. You are both human and the best any of us can do is forgive mistakes, learn from them, and move on. If you just forget it, you will likely repeat it.

God Bless You!

Steve

You can read more of my writing at www.clear2learn.tumblr.com

Agree with Steve. It sounds like you are still holding onto some anger over this person. Ask the Lord to heal you of those wrongs and that he come's to know the Lord as well (if he's not saved). Praying for someone who has wronged you is really on the road to being like Christ!

It takes time. But I remember every girl/lady I have ever felt attached to. They all helped me to grow in some way.

I and Pray you forget him, but not the lessons learned from this experience.

yes the pains do make us better. theres a song that well bring back memories of hurt that i cried to god to stop. years later he did that.

Agree with Steve. It sounds like you are still holding onto some anger over this person. Ask the Lord to heal you of those wrongs and that he come's to know the Lord as well (if he's not saved). Praying for someone who has wronged you is really on the road to being like Christ!

just to let ya know this guy was deffinitly a Christian. I have prayed for him but it hurts cuz I miss him. I want to get to the point where I'm donw missing him so I can think of him without the pain and I can pray for him without hurting too.

So a while ago I met this guy online and it was a random occurance (no I did not go in to a chat room and no I did not meet him on a message board) The way we met was weird (no, he did not hack my computer and I did not hack him) we both thought it was God who brought us together. So we talked online and eventually over the phone and text for about 4 years. To make a long story short it was great but then it wasn't so we stopped talking and I miss him. Please please please pray that I forget about him. Yeah ok I miss him a lot but trust me it is better this way. We had good reasons to stop talking. Please pray that I forget about him and move on because I hate missing him and I hate thinking about him when he's probably already forgetten me. And no I am not contacting him. Also if you're wondering if I like him: I did at one point but that was a whille ago. The part that sickens me the most is that I still think of him as a friend and I don't want to.

If he isn't bothering you, what is the problem? You probably need to concentrate and engage on things that you like the most instead of thinking about him.

As a general formula, if you had known a person for a particular time period, it will take approximately twice the amount of that time for the brain to forget. In your case, since you had known for 4 years, it will take around 8-10 years for your brain to forget. Hence, the point is not about forgetting but "overcoming" and these memories which you want to erase will no longer be a concern.

If he isn't bothering you, what is the problem? You probably need to concentrate and engage on things that you like the most instead of thinking about him.

As a general formula, if you had known a person for a particular time period, it will take approximately twice the amount of that time for the brain to forget. In your case, since you had known for 4 years, it will take around 8-10 years for your brain to forget. Hence, the point is not about forgetting but "overcoming" and these memories which you want to erase will no longer be a concern.

oh boy...:eek2

Oh yeah and felix, this isn't as simple as focusing on other things...he was a really good friend. One nige I was really sleep deprived and I was like "hey can you tell me a bed time story?" and he said "seriously?" and I said "yeah" so then he tells me this hilareoust story about a puppy named shmoospster and I fell asleep laughing that night. And there was another night where something really bad happened in my family. It involved beer so when I got home I called him and we talked and he told me a bed time story to help me. He also helped me through other "issues" that I'm not going to go in to on here *coughcuttingcough* He would stay awake with me sometimes all night so I wouldn't do anything stupid. So I dunno if that changes anything in your formula. (btw I don't cut anymore. I'm better now. Promise) He was able to love from all the way in california and it meant a lot to me.
I remember one night we were talking about the possibility of visiting eachother and the subject of cutting came up somehow and then it went back to visiting and I said "I owe you a hug when we meet. Would that be ok with you?" and he said "Yeah just no more cutting because I don't want to get any blood on my shirt" It was one of those things that in a weird way meant a lot to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
When a friendship ends, a grieving process (similar to what we experience when someone we know dies) has to be gone through for healing. Prayer, of course, is essential. God heals us through His perfect love.

In time, the good memories of this past friendship will remain and bring a smile. Any pain of the lost relationship will be a mere whisper.

I'm sorry you're going through this, but this won't be the last friendship that will come to an end. Allow yourself time to heal, and above all, don't regret that you had the friendship. In your prayers, be thankful that the friendship happened ... and be joyful that there were many, many positives the friendship held.

Whatever you do, don't regret having had the friendship. Regrets can be like the free guilt trips the devil likes to hand out. Instead, be happy that the learning experience of the friendship occurred.

Peace!

It takes time. But I remember every girl/lady I have ever felt attached to. They all helped me to grow in some way.

I and Pray you forget him, but not the lessons learned from this experience.
Yeah i agree, its all about the learning curve. But to the OP, i will pray for you so that you may seek some sort of comfort.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back