Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] Prayer for my anxiety

My anxiety is out of control. I keep getting bad thoughts that something might happen to me and i can't control it. I'm getting sick physically and mentally. I keep praying, but I'm waiting for a change. I get nauseous, my body aches, head hurts, and I just don't feel good. I need a healing. Please, please pray for me so that I can feel better and always remember Jesus Christ will heal me.

Dear Father, I come to Your throne of grace to ask for healing to this sweet Sister Eboni in her time of need. There is nothing hard for You and I also ask that though Your word You lead her into a deeper faith, and knowledge of our Lord Jesus. Lead her in Your paths of righteousness, and help her to know Your great grace regardless the situation she faces, and that You are right there in the fire with her; she'll never walk alone and that because of Your love of her. Thank You Father for bringing her to these Christian forums for support and fellowship, and thanks for again hearing us to Your glory in Jesus' name. Amen.

Welcome to our community Eboni, and I do pray you realize benefit from our love of you. :wave2

Thank you so much. It means a lot to read your prayers for me. And honestly I'm feeling better and gaining hope. God bless you, Eugene.

My anxiety is out of control. I keep getting bad thoughts that something might happen to me and i can't control it. I'm getting sick physically and mentally. I keep praying, but I'm waiting for a change. I get nauseous, my body aches, head hurts, and I just don't feel good. I need a healing. Please, please pray for me so that I can feel better and always remember Jesus Christ will heal me.

Having similar issues, mostly fear of rejection by other people, I can relate well, and I will be praying for you.

As a more mundane psychlogical advise I can tell you that waiting will not change anything. I don't mean to deny the power of prayer, but in the end the one thing that helps overcome fear is to face it. In other words, after saying your prayers you need to act and confront yourself with what you fear. That's most easily done with someone's help. Would you have access to a counsellor experienced with anxiety disorders? Or a simple secular shrink (psychologist or psychiatrist)? Because anxienty disorders have a good prognosis when you get a good treatment.

You are in my prayers, Eboni. Anxiety is not a particularly pleasant companion; it can manifest a variety of symptoms, including the ones you mentioned.

Claudya's recommendation of seeing a doctor or counselor is a wise one, for there may be some underlying health issues.

In the meanwhile, pray with the knowledge that our Lord never abandons us, and He does indeed hear us when we pray.

Be blessed ... and welcome to CFnet :wave2

When you have these thoughts, and they seem out of control, breathe. Breathe in slowly through your nose, and exhale slowly through your mouth.Read a book. Listen to music. Write in your journal. You have to try certain coping skills until you find one that helps the most. It probably won't cure your anxiety, but it will make it easier to bear. I recommend you get the Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer.

I also want to tell you that time heals. And while you are healing you are growing in your faith. I'm praying.

God bless you with peace and joy, restful sleep, peaceful dreams, and the hedge of the Spirit to protect you, amen. Eboni, I have suggested this practice to other members. Read John 14:27 and receive the peace of Jesus that He is offering to you just like you did when you received Jesus into your heart. John 14:27 is one of those verses that you have to receive over and over, not like Salvation which you do once. Whenever something triggers anxiety, read the verse out loud, and say out loud, "I receive this peace of Jesus right now". Try and document the "triggers" (those events that cause anxiety) and avoid that event quickly.

Thank you. And I'm glad to know you know ho anxiety feels and how to get through it with Christ's love. And you're right. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Back