Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] prayer for my cold heart

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jasoncran

please pray for me as i need to be more caring at times i can be selfish or hardhearted, and aslo to rekindle that first love with jesus.

jason

Praying for you now Jason :pray

You know, I feel the same way...sometimes my attitude just stinks and I don't know where on earth it came from. But I know that peace comes from God and that's what I want more of :yes :amen

Father, I pray for the fire of Your Spirit to burn deep in Jason's spirit and soul. I pray for Your love to come alive in him, that he will know Your love for him, and that love will be shed abroad in his heart by Your Holy Spirit. Thank You, Father, that Your love is burning in Jason's spirit now, in Jesus' Name, amen.

Jason, the Word says to stir up the gift of God (2 Tim 1:6); David encouraged himself in the Lord when he was down (1 Sam 30:6). Is 60 says to arise and shine. All these are commandments; we are not to wait for our emotions to take us there. Emotions will follow. A preacher I heard once said that your desires will follow your attentions. Surround yourself with the Word, with praise and worship music, with Christian tv, whatever, and most importantly, with godly people that can inspire you and help build you up. The more you fill yourself with the Word, the more on fire you will be. The world needs to see Christians that are truly on fire. You are so much further along than hosts of Christians that don't even have a clue they need to return to their first love. Praise God, you're on the way!

jmwe29 said:
Father, I pray for the fire of Your Spirit to burn deep in Jason's spirit and soul. I pray for Your love to come alive in him, that he will know Your love for him, and that love will be shed abroad in his heart by Your Holy Spirit. Thank You, Father, that Your love is burning in Jason's spirit now, in Jesus' Name, amen.

Jason, the Word says to stir up the gift of God (2 Tim 1:6); David encouraged himself in the Lord when he was down (1 Sam 30:6). Is 60 says to arise and shine. All these are commandments; we are not to wait for our emotions to take us there. Emotions will follow. A preacher I heard once said that your desires will follow your attentions. Surround yourself with the Word, with praise and worship music, with Christian tv, whatever, and most importantly, with godly people that can inspire you and help build you up. The more you fill yourself with the Word, the more on fire you will be. The world needs to see Christians that are truly on fire. You are so much further along than hosts of Christians that don't even have a clue they need to return to their first love. Praise God, you're on the way!
that's cause i got convicted in church today.

Jason! The prayers of saints are being offered for this - but that's not the most encouraging thing that I can say to you - We know that we can not even so much as say that God is good except that this is from the Holy Spirit drawing us closer.

By the words I hear from your mouth I KNOW this is what is happening.
Here is the encouraging thing - as you draw closer to Him - He draws closer to you.
It's a double action.

This is something that will occur throughout your life too. Seeds are oftentimes planted when we are broken. They are watered by acts of kindness that we see others perform. We see them come up in small ways, and know to celebrate the day of beginnings. Thanks are offered. What happens? Eventually we: BEHOLD! All things are become new! Stubborn hearts are difficult to manage sometimes.

May I whisper to you a secret that I don't usually tell? I have in the past (while I was alone) actually spoken to my heart, "Heart of mine... I COMMAND you..." And then I would tell my own heart bible verses. Shhhh.... don't tell everybody that I talk to myself sometimes... but it works for me.

~Sparrow

I pray God starts a blazing fire in your heart, Jason... and in all the hearts of believers. In Jesus' name... :amen

:waving Hi Jason~

It is a blessing to pray for your request, every desire of any man or woman who is aware of their failure to follow the Lord in an area~ to any degree~ is a most precious desire to God. :yes

Your heart is right in seeking revival~ how we all need it~ I ask that our Father would meet your heart's desire to become kinder and more tender to the needs of those around you. That you would fix your focus on the Lord Jesus Christ steadily. I ask our Lord to renew a right heart within you, as David asked. :nod

I pray that you would have a fresh revelation of the wonderful love that God has for you. I pray that His love will abundantly be poured into your mind and heart that you may overflow with love, and goodness, and grace, toward every person. I ask for opportunities to deny yourself and take up your cross daily. :thud

I ask that you will SEE the new work of His Holy Spirit in your life and be full of encouragement by it! :pray

I ask in Jesus name, :amen

sheshisown said:
:waving Hi Jason~

It is a blessing to pray for your request, every desire of any man or woman who is aware of their failure to follow the Lord in an area~ to any degree~ is a most precious desire to God. :yes

Your heart is right in seeking revival~ how we all need it~ I ask that our Father would meet your heart's desire to become kinder and more tender to the needs of those around you. That you would fix your focus on the Lord Jesus Christ steadily. I ask our Lord to renew a right heart within you, as David asked. :nod

I pray that you would have a fresh revelation of the wonderful love that God has for you. I pray that His love will abundantly be poured into your mind and heart that you may overflow with love, and goodness, and grace, toward every person. I ask for opportunities to deny yourself and take up your cross daily. :thud

I ask that you will SEE the new work of His Holy Spirit in your life and be full of encouragement by it! :pray

I ask in Jesus name, :amen
thanks be to God as i see a change i'm seeing the needs of others and i'm more sensistive to that, but pray for my wife as i think she isnt saved and has much bitterness, i would like to return to tithing, and i would do so, but the ensuing battle would be difficult.

Jason~

First> I give praise for the Lord's causing a softened caring heart to return to you! Thank You Lord ! May you remain close to Him, that you may grow always more like Jesus and less like self. And me TOO! :biggrin

I will lift up your precious wife to our Savior and plead for her salvation... there is no greater gift God can bestow on us! :thumb

On these other things, follow the Lord dear brother, AND seek peace and pursue it with all men (and women). ;) Remember when King David desired to build the temple after he had put aside so much for it, he was not allowed to do so. However, the Lord accounts what we desire to do, even when we cannot actually accomplish it.

Because of His grace He extracts the precious from the vile and one day~ (I believe) we will be rewarded for more than we might EVER have expected. He performs exceedingly, abundantly, beyond what we ask of think... How gracious and wonderful is our God! :clap

bonnie

sheshisown said:
Jason~

First> I give praise for the Lord's causing a softened caring heart to return to you! Thank You Lord ! May you remain close to Him, that you may grow always more like Jesus and less like self. And me TOO! :biggrin

I will lift up your precious wife to our Savior and plead for her salvation... there is no greater gift God can bestow on us! :thumb

On these other things, follow the Lord dear brother, AND seek peace and pursue it with all men (and women). ;) Remember when King David desired to build the temple after he had put aside so much for it, he was not allowed to do so. However, the Lord accounts what we desire to do, even when we cannot actually accomplish it.

Because of His grace He extracts the precious from the vile and one day~ (I believe) we will be rewarded for more than we might EVER have expected. He performs exceedingly, abundantly, beyond what we ask of think... How gracious and wonderful is our God! :clap

bonnie
thanks for the encouragement, you live in southern california, have your heard of Dr. David Jeremiah?

Jason

I pray that Jason will find the strength to put God first whenever any malice feelings come into his heart. God, please, pour love into his heart. I pray that Jason will have the wisdom to spread Christ's love in his home so that his wife will come to you, Father. In Jesus name.. :amen

Jason, sometimes it helps to ask God to bind satan's influence when other people are out of your reach. :twocents

:wave Hi Jason~

Yes, David Jeremiah has a radio program that I listen to periodically. He has a devotional style in his teaching and he is such a blessing to so many people... :thumb

God bless you and your lovely wife~ Jason :heart

bonnie

sheshisown said:
:wave Hi Jason~

Yes, David Jeremiah has a radio program that I listen to periodically. He has a devotional style in his teaching and he is such a blessing to so many people... :thumb

God bless you and your lovely wife~ Jason :heart

bonnie
I hear the same radio broadcast in Florida, he even reaches most of the country with that program.

Jason

Isn't the Lord GOOD to broadcast His word...

Just as the sower in the parable of Jesus cast his seed into the field, so the word is cast into the world today... and it is promised by the Lord to perform the work He sent it to do! :clap

May His word find fruition in (our hearts and minds and lives) this day! :heart

bonnie

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back