Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer Please

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Cheyenne K

I can't imagine there will ever be a time for me when God will be able to say, "Well done, my faithful servant."

I keep disobeying Him. I don't reflect Him. I don't honor Him. I'm not a good Christian. It's going on four months (four communions) where I cannot take communion because of my actions. I just got baptized last week, but the peace I felt is gone. I'm not worthy of God and I don't even want to be here. Not suicidal, but I'm not giving any Glory to God. I mean, I can't take any away, but I'm not doing anything to show it very well. I want to. I try, I earnestly try. But no matter what I do, I fail. The only reasn I feel I should stay on earth is because I have done nothing of any worth in the sight of God as far as I see.
I'm struggling so much. I live in an ungodly house. I have mostly unbelieving friends. I'm in a sport with unbelieving people. In Christian club, I'm pretty sure most of them going are not saved. The only time I feel anywhere at peace is at church and that's once a week. The rest of the week, I feel drained and without God and there is so little support. So little time for support. All I do is transgress and then kick myself for doing so. I want so badly to reflect God, but I don't. i know I'm saved, but I don't act like it. I know God's power, but I don't display it. I'm not ashamed; people know I'm Christian, but I am failing as one.
I'm not strong; I'm weak. I can't do this, let alone by myself. Raise me up in your prayers please so that God may give me the strength to crucify my flesh as strongly and hard I should be.

Not that you haven't read these verses before but one more time wont hurt...

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Seem you and St Paul have a few things in common as do we all..... Young folks crying out to GOD makes my heart smile

You will definately be in my prayers, Cheyenne. :pray

The narrow path is the path worth taking. :yes

Everybody has times when they feel far from God, and their life spiritually is a struggle. I believe they are essential for our spiritual growth, for we become closer to God as we persevere through these times.

I will be praying for you

No, no, no, don't think that way. Christianity is like getting into a shower you clean up in it, no one expects you to have had a bath and be all clean first before you get in the shower. God made you as you are and loves what he made. He loves you. extend that same love to yourself as you also extend it to others. Sometimes things take a while to clean up don't feel bad. God has forgiven your sins past and present. Endeavoring not to sin improves our lives not Gods, its for us in a way. Hang in there try a bit every day. self control, its a bit like exercising a muscle, a little bit, then a little bit more, then before you know it it is much stronger. It takes time.
This is nice I like it:

Footprints in the sand

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.

This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.

The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

have prayed too for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no, no, don't think that way. Christianity is like getting into a shower you clean up in it, no one expects you to have had a bath and be all clean first before you get in the shower. God made you as you are and loves what he made. He loves you. extend that same love to yourself as you also extend it to others. Sometimes things take a while to clean up don't feel bad. God has forgiven your sins past and present. Endeavoring not to sin improves our lives not Gods, its for us in a way. Hang in there try a bit every day. self control, its a bit like exercising a muscle, a little bit, then a little bit more, then before you know it it is much stronger. It takes time.
T
his is nice I like it:

Footprints in the sand

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.

This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.

The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

have prayed too for you.

I love the footprints, I've heard it before. :thumb

A flower does not grow overnight . It takes time. It takes months. Depending on the type plant, it sometimes take years. Every christian stumbles and fall, however the key is not to fall and remain down. Get up, confess it to the Lord, and keep moving forward. Apparently God has a unique plan for your life and ministry. Why would Satan consume his time trying to convince you to give up if it wasn't worth it? Do not fall back. Keep moving forward! My name is Rev.Theo and I'll be praying for you.

When you say you have mostly unbelieving friends i'm guessing you have at least one Christian friends right? If so I would talk to him or her about your struggles, and possibly find someone in your Church to talk with also.

You will be in my prayers

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back