Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer Request Please

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I wanted to ask for a support in prayer for me and my husband. My husband and I have tea cup chihuahua's. A family member had brought their two pups over and apparently were'nt vaccinated. One of her pups was dianosed with parvo, and it's litter mate was not affected. Both survived. Ours were due, but with Christmass and the Holydays, we decided to wait until after the holydays to get their boosters.

Well last night we had to run one of my husbands pups to the hospital, and it cost us $375.00 and still had to have him put to sleep, cause we couldn't afford the $1,000.00 for treatment, no garantees, and they wouldn't take payments....cash up front. And of course it couldnt hit at a worse time with the Christmass holydays kicking us in the wallet.

I've kept my four little ones in the bedroom with me, and bleaching down the floors, and though they weren't directly around them, I know there's may be cross contamination from walking from one room to another. Our dogs are so little, that they don't go outside, they use pee pads, so the contamination had to be from the two pups brought into our house without our permission via my daughter and her husbands 20 year old daughter from a previous marriage. Of course my husband reaction was not pleasant, but I slowly got him under the Lord's control again, with reasoning with him that she didn't know at the time, and she would be deeply hurt if she knew, which I believe she does.

It doesn't help with the fact that our babies have been exposed, and all the vets are closed for New Years except one vet tomorrow will be open from 8-12. Were hoping in Christ that this vet will take payments....please be in agreement with us in prayer. This is very hard for the family, and my little 4 year old granddaughter's dog "baby" is also one of them. I'm hoping the adults dogs will be ok, but not taking chances in getting them in sooner for boosters....they're not showing signs, just the puppies are.

Thank you brethern. So if you don't see me for a few days.....this is what I'm dealing with. Keep us in prayer.

Carole, you can use google to look for some good home cures if it comes to that. I pray it won't.

Lord as you help the neighbors when their dog was ran over by a car and only scratched and bruised. I ask that you help carol. In the name of Jesus. amen.

Thank you everyone, I just love you all. Today we had to have Ruby put to sleep, she was in full blown Parvo. Though we were given 3 options, to remove her pain was what we had to do. Again no garantees, but the other two adult dogs were fine, and given the OK to have their shots tomorrow at 2:30 after church at the mobile vets. She charged us $183.00 for all three dogs, and disposing Ruby so not to contaminate our yard with burial. The mobile vet he charges $12.00 a dog for the combo shots of parvo/destemper/Corona/rabies with tag. So the whole family is going tomorrow with their pets, and Bear and I will put out the $144.00 to cover everybodies dog [12 in all]. This way we don't have to worry about them coming for a visit. No strange new ones though regardless.

So continue to cover them until they have their shots tomorrow.....I'll be worried until a couple of days after the shots knowing me. I haven't slept for a couple of days, haven't been able to eat or drink much without it feeling like it dont want to stay down. So the last few days I had 4 bites of steak, then 4 bites of baked potatoe, and had to quit, and just now eat 3/4 of a hotdog....ewww I'm done! Tired of fighting to keep food down.

But again thank you everyone for praying.....GBU May the Lord give us strength while we're all up tonight steam cleaning with bleach carpet, rugs, and floors thoughout the house, and Lord knows I am chomping at the bit for church tomorrow....I need the peace.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having to go through all this, Carol. May God bless you with peace and rest!

Thank you Jo Jo, you're so sweet honey. All had their shots today, and all given nutra cal so their sugar dont try to drop. But of course little snowball, my 12 year old tee tee's grandson, and her son Binki Boo's son, is going to be just like them with the sugar thing. His dropped as soon as we come through the door. I was glad that my daughter's husband from watching my experiences with my two with the sugar thing, was just Johnny on the spot in handling his pup in getting his sugar up with Karo suryp, and sugar water until he became alert. It's scarey to see your little 12 oz. [3/4 of a pound], 8 week old pup fall out on ya. But praise God, Jesus was there to lead.

Thank you Jo Jo for your extra prayers.......girl I don't know what I would do without them. GBU

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back