Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers for a Heathen

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
G

Gendou Ikari

Since I am a heathen and don't believe in any supernatural powers, I figure your prayers are worth more than mine. I have been pretty messed up lately, because I have realised that I am falling for one of my best friends. I tried to ignore the feelings and bury them for a while, but I haven't been able to lately. The problem is I have gotten to the point where I don't think I can be friends with her any longer. So, if I tell her how I feel it either means a relationship starts or the friendships ends (and I am pretty sure she doesn't feel the same way about me that I do about her). I am have been so miserable the last week, because I really don't want to lose her, but I also don't want to feel this way for too much longer. I loved her before I started falling for her, and I cannot imagine my life without her in mine.

So pray for me, that I can keep her in my life. That things somehow work out. I am not like Christopher Hitchens who is going to ask for people not to pray for me. For all I know there could be a God or higher power out there, and I am desperate.

Mal 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

You got it!

Hi Gendou;

I'll pray for you too. I can really understand your dilemma because I was there once myself.

Now don't take this the wrong way, but along with my promise to pray for you (which I will do once I say I will), I have to caution you that God may not resolve your situation for you. As an admitted non-Christian, right now God is mainly concerned with your lack of belief and lack of love for Him.

The Apostle Paul, in his letter to the Romans said "...we know that all things work together for good to them that love God..." (Romans 8:28, KJV, in part). So please understand that if you don't see an answer to our prayers, it is NOT evidence that God doesn't exist or doesn't care about you. It is only that His #1 priority right now is your salvation from judgment for sin, not necessarily resolving this comparatively minor situation, unless resolving it will somehow convince you of your need for Him, cause you to believe in and turn your life over to Him, and to love him. Unfortunately, resolving your situation in a way that makes you happy and comfortable probably wont accomplish that. For most people (even many Christians, sadly), when an uncomfortable situation gets resolved in the way they want it too, they just forget about God again and go in with life as usual.

Let us know how things work out for you, OK?

I don't think it is "messing up" to fall for a friend (unless that person is the same sex you are which is another matter). I think closeness and friendship are good prerequisites for a relationship. There's nothing wrong there. I can certainly understand the normal human emotion of fear of rejection, but I would remind you that the fear is always worse than the rejection itself.

Now, you seem to fear that if you express your feelings she will reject you as a beau as well as your current status as friend. That's not necessarily the case. You don't know that. You also don't know for certain she doesn't feel the same way you do or, perhaps, she hasn't considered you in that role for a variety of reasons.

I'm not offering advice, just something to consider: A man might, in your case, send a friend flowers and a note thanking a person just for being a friend and express how much you value the friendship you have with that person. You could note her reaction to that and either proceed carefully and patiently forward or drop back (again, depending on her reaction) and remain friends solely. In this case, a man doesn't risk outright rejection or risk losing a friend and based upon her reaction to it, you can gauge what your next move should be.

Again, just something to consider...

well then,also since you are young.If she does reject you its not the end of the world.That is a lesson i had to learn.

Back