Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers for patience and a positive outcome

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Matthew G

Hello, all.

Well, we're in the process of trying to move, hopefully for the last time for quite awhile. Out of curiosity, I pulled my credit reports a couple hours ago to see what was on there.

Guess what? Yep. Identity theft. Several times. To the tune of roughly $40,000. Boy, I sure love that brand new F150 I never actually bought. :angry

And get this, the first instance was a 48 month-term loan that was issued in 1999. I was 14 years old, and a freshman in high school.

Ever since I turned 18, people have told me to pull my report every year, and I've never done it. I severely regret that now, and you can bet I'll pull it every year from now on.

For note - I've already issued a fraud alert with all 3 reporting agencies, and have all the company names and numbers to get the information I need to file a report with the FTC.

I'm praying hard for patience and a cool head, as frankly right now I don't have much of either, and just wanted to ask for prayers for God to let the bottom fall out on me - so to speak - as far as those 2 things go.

Thanks so much for letting me rant, and agreeing with me in prayer. I'll keep you guys posted.

Dear Brother Matthew, I praise God for His great love that allowed you to discover this, and to be able to do something about it.

Dear Father, please continue to help this dear brother in his time of need, and also help him to keep it together during this trial of his faith. Thank You Father and I do agree with Matthew in Jesus' name. Amen.

Oh, Matthew, I'm so sorry you've encountered this serious problem. Identity theft can be devastating. It's great, however, that you've taken steps to get this matter resolved. Yes, it is very important to check your credit report yearly - or even more frequent than that. Under the current set of circumstances, it would behoove a new report check every other month.

You & your family are in my prayers, my friend.

I will pray that things will work out for you,
and that you may be relieved from stress about it.

Fantastic news. God is awesome - though I think perhaps this may have been an instance of Him tapping me on the shoulder and saying, "You know, ignoring that stuff isn't too smart."

I spent several hours on the phone today, and thought it was weird that I saw a pattern developing. All the accounts were actually due to a bureau mistake. Apparently a lot of guys have my name and a similar SSN. Just received the email that all those accounts have been removed. Breathing a big sigh of relief!!!

Thanks to all of you for the prayers, thoughts, and encouragement, and to God for opening my eyes without gluing my eyelids to my forehead...at least this time. :woot2

:amen Matthew G, I praise God you came back to tell of the healing; many don't.
Luke 17:17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?

Absolutely fabulous news, Matthew G ! Our Lord is amazing in His love for us!

With same/similar names and fairly close SSN, people can be mixed up in the shuffle. A few years ago, my son encountered a problem like yours. A gent had the same first, middle, and last name as my son .... same birthday & year (different hospitals & parents' names) ... used the same doctor & dentist (never at the same time) ... and lived 20 minutes apart (city metro) ... both had wives by the same first name. The only difference was 2 numbers on their social security cards.

Life can be very interesting at times!

That is good news brother. Bless you.

Sometimes I wish I'd have my identity stolen. I don't think it's worth stealing. I think they could only help it if they did anything with it, lol. :lol

Hello, all.

Well, we're in the process of trying to move, hopefully for the last time for quite awhile. Out of curiosity, I pulled my credit reports a couple hours ago to see what was on there.

Guess what? Yep. Identity theft. Several times. To the tune of roughly $40,000. Boy, I sure love that brand new F150 I never actually bought. :angry

And get this, the first instance was a 48 month-term loan that was issued in 1999. I was 14 years old, and a freshman in high school.

Ever since I turned 18, people have told me to pull my report every year, and I've never done it. I severely regret that now, and you can bet I'll pull it every year from now on.

For note - I've already issued a fraud alert with all 3 reporting agencies, and have all the company names and numbers to get the information I need to file a report with the FTC.

I'm praying hard for patience and a cool head, as frankly right now I don't have much of either, and just wanted to ask for prayers for God to let the bottom fall out on me - so to speak - as far as those 2 things go.

Thanks so much for letting me rant, and agreeing with me in prayer. I'll keep you guys posted.

:pray

Back