Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers Requested

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

AirDancer

This past weekend, a law enforcement officer was shot. It was the result of another man's decision he didn't like receiving a warning because one of his tail lights was out. The man attacked the officer at the officer's car door, and during the struggle, the officer was shot.

All of this was captured on dash cam as well as body cam.

The officer's mic was open, so the dispatcher was able to put out the alert. Other nearby agencies, as well as the officer's own agency, acted quickly, as the shooter had driven away quickly after shooting the officer.

One responding officer was with the State Police, whose territory included the county in which the officer was shot, and this SP officer was actually nearby. The State Police officer had his siren & lights going in the effort to forewarn other drivers. However, a distracted driver turned right in front of the State Police officer, with the result being the distracted driver was killed and the State Police officer was critically injured.

The prayers I request are for both the officer and the State Police officer, as well as the family of the deceased driver.

Be blessed!

these times are just unbelievable ... so sad for all the families involved...

So true, reba, so true.

My offspring in law enforcement knows both officers involved. They're good, solid Christian men who believed that they were making a positive difference in the lives of many.

This story hits closer then the other similar ones because a friend of ours has met this man in person.. Every one of those who die have met some one in person they have family and friends who are heart broken .. to me this officer died a hero.. just a guy doing his job... I see in my mind that picture of the kids at the helm of a ship in a storm and Jesus is holding the wheel. .. They may not feel it just now but He is there... Lord the ground is crying blood tears from all corners ... Hear the cries of Your children....
AS Abel's blood cried out from the earth much /many are crying Lord bring us to our knees heal our wicked hearts turn us from our self centeredness to You ... teach us Lord to light Your light shin... The world is in darkness is it because we have hidden our Light under the bushel .

Psa 24:7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Psa 24:8 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
Psa 24:9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Psa 24:10 Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

This story hits closer then the other similar ones because a friend of ours has met this man in person.. Every one of those who die have met some one in person they have family and friends who are heart broken .. to me this officer died a hero.. just a guy doing his job... I see in my mind that picture of the kids at the helm of a ship in a storm and Jesus is holding the wheel. .. They may not feel it just now but He is there... Lord the ground is crying blood tears from all corners ... Hear the cries of Your children....
AS Abel's blood cried out from the earth much /many are crying Lord bring us to our knees heal our wicked hearts turn us from our self centeredness to You ... teach us Lord to light Your light shin... The world is in darkness is it because we have hidden our Light under the bushel .

Psa 24:7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Psa 24:8 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
Psa 24:9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Psa 24:10 Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Amen, Reba!

Both the officer and the State Police officer remain in the hospital. The State Police officer is still in critical condition.

The search is still on-going for the shooter.

And the family of the deceased distracted driver has contacted an attorney.

apparently i read the OP incorrectly The officer making the traffic stop was not killed... but is in the hospital ...

apparently i read the OP incorrectly The officer making the traffic stop was not killed... but is in the hospital ...

No worries, Reba. The person who died was the distracted driver who pulled out in front of the State Police officer. (Mind you, it was late at night ... so the siren should have been heard and the flashing lights should have been seen.)

Update: The officer (who I have met) is hoping to be released this weekend; he's doing better. The State Police officer is still in critical condition.

What kind of a person kills over something so small as a tail light warning? This person is probably a really, really bad criminal with a past.
A cop just doing his job, the job we the people hired him to do. Every good cop is a hero, imo.

Typically, a warning is given if the driver has been aware of a tail light problem for a while. It turns out the driver had been pulled over twice before in the previous month because of the failed tail light but had not done anything about it. Still, a warning doesn't have a fine associated with it; a warning is issued to make the driver understand that it's very important that his vehicle is in good working order to prevent a possible accident.

All we've heard so far about the perp (who is still on the run) is that he is armed and dangerous.

Back