Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Praying and fasting

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Some people fast for a long period while some manage to fast for few hours. Some do not take water at all and believe taking water is wrong!
some believe you can only start fasting in the morning.
Can we fast at any time? Can we take water?

I'm going to attempt to answer this, but my answer may not be correct as I am unable to fast since I am hypoglycemic.

If you only fast for a few hours as you mentioned then you can probably not worry about drinking water, but if you do a one day fast or longer I believe water is permissible. People for the most part can go much longer without food then they can without water.

It will be important to keep yourself hydrated while fasting.

It will be important to keep yourself hydrated while fasting.

That's what I think too. But some people keep saying what then takes the place of food. I can't imagine fasting for hours without water.
I try to take little; I don't think I can attempt not taking at all.

In this day and age fasting can take a variety of forms, like fasting from TV, from the Internet, etc.

For traditional fasting there are no rules, but one should follow God's leading and shouldn't do anything that would harm their health. Anyone who says you can't take water, you have to start at this time, you can't do this, you have to do that, is legalistic and speaking nonsense, to put it bluntly.

Anytime someone says that taking water during fasting is wrong, just ask them for the verse on that.

hmm.

i have some kind of eating disorder..

and sometimes i thinkdrinking water is wrong, anyway. which is actually sick to think. maybe it doesnt have much to do with fasting. but on the other side it may so.

i would be very glad if i thought eating was a good thing and drinking water instead of a mosterous thing. ofcourse i know that but my sick consience sometimes works against me.

all i know is that i try to keep my hair right if i againt my will really fast but can still manage to do my hair. as the bible says on should smile and keep their hair good while fasting

greets:confused:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back