Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Predestination and Foreknowledge are determinate !

But Scripture clearly stated God wants ALL men to be saved.

The difficulty in this matter does NOT revolve around the MAN.

All of us are born into this world BLINDED by the 'god of this world' in MIND.

Do you see ONLY MAN then in your sight of this matter? I don't. I see MAN and the 'god of this world' upon their MIND.

Does God then desire the 'god of this world' to be saved? Assuredly NOT. But there 'that god' is, IN MIND and BLINDING the unbeliever.

Do men cure their own blindness? Do men release themselves from BLINDING CAPTIVITY?

Again, assuredly NOT. Only God can cure BLINDNESS of the spiritual kind.

Why then are some men NOT saved? This really is the question that both Arminian and Calvin sought to discover post RCC established positions that simply BLAMED the freewill of the MAN, and BLINDLY NOT SEEING their present CAPTIVITY. Freewill is FALSE because a FREEWILL is not FREE when it is CAPTURED or BLINDED by the 'god of this world.' In this way 'freewill' positions are NOT TRUE.

No blinded man can discern his condition. He was BORN BLIND. He will REMAIN blind unless GOD ELECTS to cure that spiritual blindness.

HOW then are men saved?

They are TURNED from 'captivity' of SATAN unto the POWER OF GOD, by THE POWER OF GOD. If we read Paul's directive from GODS OWN LIPS we see this Apostolic CALL upon Paul:

Acts 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Is a man under the POWER of another, Satan, then FREE? No. That man is A SLAVE OF DARKNESS and assuredly NOT FREE from that POWER OF SATAN. No man 'decides' to make themselves FREE of their own accord. It is a GIFT of faith from GRACE ALONE that frees a man from that power.

So, why do people NOT believe?

God elects for MANY to remain in captivity. These too serve GOD in the JUDGMENTS OF SATAN upon themselves, that THEY CARRY in their flesh and minds.

The unbeliever SERVES GOD in JUDGMENTS.

God LOVES to judge. And God ALSO loves to DISPLAY His Divine Mercy to SOME.

Therein are the difficulties of these matters, and they RESIDE with God alone.

enjoy!

smaller

But Scripture clearly stated God wants ALL men to be saved.

If God wanted all men without exception to be saved then He would save all men without exception, for scripture says:

job 23:

13But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

The word desireth is the hebrew word:'avah and means:
desire, incline, covet, wait longingly, wish, sigh, want, be greedy, prefer

So if God desires, wants, wish that all men be saved without exception, then He does it.

HOW then are men saved?

John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever BELIEVES in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world but to save the world through Him. Whoever BELIEVES in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
Acts 2:38 Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will recieve the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Shall I go on?

If God wanted all men without exception to be saved then He would save all men without exception, for scripture says:

job 23:

13But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

So if God desires, wants, wish that all men be saved without exception, then He does it.

So does Job23:13 contradict I Tim 2:3-4? Please elaborate.

John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever BELIEVES in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world but to save the world through Him. Whoever BELIEVES in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
Acts 2:38 Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will recieve the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Shall I go on?

So does Job23:13 contradict I Tim 2:3-4? Please elaborate.

I already did, if you cannot reason from what I posted, I see no sense in being reasonable with you.

Now reason through these:

job 23:

Shall I go on?

Scripture says what it says. What is said therein I do not disagree with. Our reflections of those matters will vary and your statement means nothing without a reflection.

You are welcome to participate in specifics on reflections, or just state scripture, which none of us will disagree with.

s

Shall I go on?

I already did, if you cannot reason from what I posted, I see no sense in being reasonable with you.

You quoted a Scripture in Job. I quoted a Scripture in I Timothy and asked how your interpretation of the verse in Job agrees with the verse in Timothy. That doesn't sound unreasonable to me. Instead of responding you simply re-quote the verse in Job and call me unreasonable. I'm confused.

Scripture says what it says. What is said therein I do not disagree with. Our reflections of those matters will vary and your statement means nothing without a reflection.

You are welcome to participate in specifics on reflections, or just state scripture, which none of us will disagree with.

s

You asked how men are to be saved. I responded with what Scripture says regarding the salvation of men. No reflection needed, the Scripture speaks for itself. If I had to give a "reflection" on every verse I quoted just so people would now what I meant by it then maybe I am only seeing the meaning I want to see in it. I am not saying that is what you are doing but personally I would be alarmed if I had to go to great lengths to make a case for my doctrine when taking Scripture at face value seems to contradict my doctrine. Anyways...

You quoted a Scripture in Job. I quoted a Scripture in I Timothy and asked how your interpretation of the verse in Job agrees with the verse in Timothy.

I quoted no scripture from Job. If you want to read post #21 in this thread and respond to what's therein you are welcome.
That doesn't sound unreasonable to me. Instead of responding you simply re-quote the verse in Job and call me unreasonable. I'm confused.

You have mixed me with sbg57's posts. Post 21 is fairly decent on these matters.

s

denn:

You quoted a Scripture in Job. I quoted a Scripture in I Timothy and asked how your interpretation of the verse in Job agrees with the verse in Timothy. That doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

Sorry I cant help you, you seem to lack simple reason. No disrespect, but you do.

The difference between predestination and election, election was a once and for all Sovereign Choice act by the Father [before the world began] as already completed; whereas predestination looks to the future for its completion. see rom 8::

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

The difference between predestination and election, election was a once and for all Sovereign Choice act by the Father [before the world began] as already completed; whereas predestination looks to the future for its completion. see rom 8::

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Saved by OBEDIENT WORKING FAITH! There is NO FAITH seen to predistination alone by man! Man KNOWS SALVATION ONLY BY [[[FAITH!]]]

Saved by OBEDIENT WORKING FAITH! There is NO FAITH seen to predistination alone by man! Man KNOWS SALVATION ONLY BY [[[FAITH!]]]

Faith is a gift of predestiantion..acts 13:

48And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Faith is a gift of predestiantion..acts 13:

48And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Of course!:thumbsup An Eternal Conditional Gift! (for even satan (angels) believe and tremble!) And the REAL Belivers as seen in John 12:42-43's Words of Christ!

'i' guess that we are agreeing with the Words of Christ, right?? That verse 48
above is telling us what God had Eternally known even in ALL of Eternity!

--Elijah

eli:

Of course!:thumbsup An Eternal Conditional Gift!

Where did you get that from ? Faith is a free gift that accomapnies salvation and predestination to Gods elect..

All whom who God predestinated, He called, and them He Justified [by Faith] and them He Glorified.

Predestined to the adoption of children by Jesus Christ..

Yep.. we're predestined to the adoption of children by Jesus Christ and we are waiting for the adoption.. to wit, the redemption of our bodies..

Predestination and obedience !

All those whom Christ died, and makes righteous have also been predestinated unto obedience, that is works arranged and prepared by God for them to specifically walk in Eph 2:

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Notice Paul says we meaning that His works as theirs [ those whom He wrote] had been ordained by God for them to do or to walk in..

The word ordained here is the greek word:

proetoimazō which means:

to prepare before, to make ready beforehand

The word is also used in Rom 9:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

That is God prepared beforehand in Mind and Purpose, to Decree !

Now, these good works of Christian service was ordained by God for us even before we are converted to Christ, or saved by Grace..

What I am saying is, that Paul when He was yet Saul and was persecuting church something terrible as per Acts 9:

1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

What he did not know, that before the foundation, that he had been chosen by God to do the work of an apostle of Christ, the one whom he hated..

You see, this condition of Paul during this time could not prevent Gods ordained purpose for him from coming to past in Gods appointed time..

Now lets look at Acts 22:10

10And I said, What shall I do, LORD? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.

This has to do with the good works he refers to in eph 2:10 ! God had already appointed these things for Paul to do for the honor of Christ, His unbelief [see 1 Tim 1:13] would be replaced with Faith in order for God to accomplish His decreed purpose from Paul..

All of this was predestined by God, not Paul's will, but Gods Sovereign will determined this. So Paul writes on several occasions how he became a apostle, he writes:

2 Cor 1:1

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

Thats because God had before prepared this good work for Him to walk therein Eph 2 10..

But is it only the Apostle Paul that this belongs to ? No, for Paul says to the Saints at Ephesus, that We are his workmanship, not just the apostle but the Lords body [ Eph 4:4] We are one body [ Eph 2:16] we have been created in Christ Jesus unto good works, that before He ordained, that we [ The body] should walk in..

The same will of God that made Paul an Apostle makes all believers what they are to the Body of Christ..

Thats why Paul told the Philippians that they always obeyed because it was God working in them to both will and to do of His good pleasure Phil 2:

12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

This is because all our obedience has been predestined by God..

acts 2:

23Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

24Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Notice how in this place, the scripture uses the words determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God.

This is the only place in scripture where the word determinate is used and its the greek word:

horizō:

to define

a) to mark out the boundaries or limits (of any place or thing)

b) to determine, appoint

1) that which has been determined, acc. to appointment, decree

2) to ordain, determine, appoint

Websters says :

Having defined limits; not uncertain or arbitrary; fixed; established; definite.[Websters]

5. Conclusive; decisive; positive.[Websters]
6. Determined or resolved upon.[Websters]
7. Of determined purpose; resolute.[Websters]

Now here in the text in acts 2 it is used in connection with and preceding the word Foreknowledge.

Many today admit that Gods foreknowledge covers everything, but denies that He has definitely fixed the affairs of all things or that all things are not predestinated.

That thinking is in opposition however to scriptures such as the one being considered and these:

acts 17:

26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

eph 1:

11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

With these in view, it appears certain that the biblical teaching is that His fixed determination [purpose or counsel] precedes His Foreknowledge, and or so closely integrated that His determinate counsel is used first.

This also should now dispel the false notion that Gods Foreknowledge is what He observes His creatures do, or doing or will do.

Its more associated with what He has determined to do.
WOW how can one person be so wrong so often,
ACT 2 Jesus was Gods elect, his destiny was determined according to his freewill while in the company of God the father, Hence determinate counsel according to
the foreknowledge of God.

ACTS 17 Thus God created the sandbox we play in (earth)

Dont forget the contex
Eph 1v11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
Eph 1v12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ

Thus God predetermined that those who first trusted in christ, would be conformed to his image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foreunion !

1 Pet 1:2

2Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Election to Salvation [Subjectively] finds its cause in God's Love first of all and God's Foreknowledge or Foreunion.

Foreunion is presented by the term Foreknowledge, it comes from the greek word pro-ginoskw, and has a meaning " to know in union and experience before hand. The Ideal is reflected when look at the situation with Joseph and Mary, its stated Matt 1:25

25And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

The knew her not denotes intimacy, now lets look at the amplified Translation Matt 1:25

25But he had no union with her as her husband until she had borne her firstborn Son; and he called His name Jesus.

25 But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus. NIV 1984

The word denotes the most intimate knowledge and union possible for men to understand and experience. Its used of Christ and His Sheep Jn 10:14

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

It is also used of the husband and wife relationship and intimacy. Foreknowledge in this instance of salvation is not a matter of foreseeing [though the Father does foresee all] of a person and their actions, but an actual union that existed between the Father and His elect Children before the creation. Remember Jesus stated in His Prayer Jn 17:6

6I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

This is a testimony that those given to Christ in Election belonged to the Father before being given. For it was the Fathers bond of Love towards these individuals that lead to their being Chosen in Christ Jn 17:23-24.

23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Now, was not the Father and the Son intimate and in Union with their Love ? Thats the same intimate love union with those Chosen in Christ..

Some of you might just not be familaiar with this verse ...

Hebrews 1:14
Are they (angels) not all ministering spirits
sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

Back