Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

private praying aloud VS talking to yourself

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ah yes I visited a satanic forum a while back so i could gain a deeper understanding of those poor ppl. as soon as I entered I was overcome with love and compassion for them i couldnt help praying for them because I had this feeling a lot of them became satinic because they just wanted acceptance. i knew that had they ever known love they would be on a different path.

Exactly, they were outcast that joined other outcast, in the hope of finding peace and love. Maybe I'm wrong, but nobody truly wants to be different and considered an outcast. (at least I didnt) You can note the biblical case of the man with the son with the dumb spirit. (Mark 9) It says the boy would cast himself into fire and water because the spirit wanted to destroy him. Note the man is in tears asking Jesus to help his son. It was not the son crying (therefore lacking empathy and correct judgement.) but his father who wanted to help his troubled son, which Jesus did. I have been there before, not caring about my own actions which led me to destruction. But causing great grief to my family and others. There truly are those that are born different. Jesus gave this as a reason for a man to not leave his father and mother and cling to his wife. Its called an Eunuch, you can be born an Eunuch, be made an Eunuch, or make yourself an Eunuch for the sake of the faith. I think the apostle Paul was the last one. He said it was better to be single like he was, else your wife can turn your thoughts to the world and not on God. So in essence Paul made himself an Eunuch (celibate) for the faith.

Ah yes I visited a satanic forum a while back so i could gain a deeper understanding of those poor ppl. as soon as I entered I was overcome with love and compassion for them i couldnt help praying for them because I had this feeling a lot of them became satinic because they just wanted acceptance. i knew that had they ever known love they would be on a different path.

That is a good response of your heart to these people. The Lord loves these people and died for them also. That they are Satanists is not something to be held against them. They are on the wrong path and a soul is at stake! The lord is not willing that any should perish. They need love, as you say and to know and experience the Lords love for them. Be cautious, and love the hell out of them.

Similarly, when a husband or wife cheats on their spouse, many will run to the pastor and ask advice. Almost every one would be advised to divorce them, and this is not right. You are not the victim if your wife cheats on you, she is! She has lost her way and is in need of love and spiritual guidance from the spiritual leader of the home! (I know, I know, one is able to lawfully divorce their wife for adultery, but this was a concession given to the people only, there is a better way to handle it.) So we must practice not being the victim when someone wrongs us, but to let the love of God flow through us and to help them get pack onto the straight and narrow. Are we to imitate Christ Jesus life? Are we to have the mind of Christ? Then forgive her (for she knows not what she does) and help her to repent and turn her heart back unto the Lord. Don't be offended and "righteously" turn on her...the devil will laigh his butt off while you go further from the Lord.

Thanks brother, the way I see it is hateful words escalate drama. And doing such = answering evil for evil. By the taming of the tongue we are not allowing darkness to be in us. That what you said about being engrossed in the word of God, to the point of it becoming idle words. I know that I use to always look up to worldly heros and phrases as being words of wisdom. But now words of Jesus are replacing all those instances in my mind. So that I am learning on his words of wisdom now to help me understand and perceive life. Like right now...I'm thinking about how a good tree does not produce bad fruit, and a bad tree does not produce good fruit. Like making oneself a spiritual diode. Only allowing the good to get through. Separating the wheat and tares. Jesus said the eye is the light of the body, and if the eye is single the body will be full of light. Otherwise full of darkness. Darkness leads to sin and then death. I know many translations of single eye translate to healthy. But what if single was the right word? Because Jesus said it was better to go through life with one eye than to be cast into hell with two. Meaning to only use the "right" eye to allow light into the body and not darkness. Where the left hand path leads to darkness and death. There are many cases in scripture where the word right is associated with righteous and correct. For example when Jesus describes giving alms so the left hand doesnt know what the right is doing.

"Spiritual Diode", I like that brother! :)
Yes, I agree. We are in control of our minds, or can take control if need be. Sure, the enemy will whisper lies and hateful urges to us, but must take these thoughts captive and tell them NO. Consistently. Every time.

What are hateful words before you speak them? Hateful thoughts! Do not think hateful thoughts, this will change you. Just as our Lord said that he who commits adultery with a woman in his heart is guilty of the same, there is a huge lesson in here that we should pay attention to. If we think or dwell on sinful acts, this affects us in our heart. To have a sinful thought come to you, is not sin (it's the enemy)...but to entertain the idea, whatever it may be, is sin, and more importantly, it causes it to whoosh, down into our heart where it will affect us in a negative way. We will be judged by our very thoughts! For this is who we will become.

We are "born again" people of the Lord Jesus, and are looking forward to the promise of a renewing of the mind and heart. What? Do we think that a spiritual lightning bolt comes upon us and changes us? Nosiree, my brothers and sisters...The renewing of mind is effected by our own effort of meditating on the Lords words day and night, searching the scriptures daily, and praying for strength and help from our Lord. Then this effort goes Whoosh, down into our heart and affects us. renews us over time. Be careful what you think about! For all we know about the spiritual realm, our thoughts could in fact be tangible and very very real in the spirit world. We do not have to think about evil things, cast them down and think of heavenly things and scriptures. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Evil is like oil in a glass of water. We can change the way we think by displacing the evil with the Lords words. Search those scriptures daily until your cup runneth over and the evil pours out and is replaced by the Words of the Lord, His laws and precepts and all manner of righteousness.

What were the scriptures before they were written in a book for us? The very thoughts of God my brothers and sisters! Real? You bet! Do you want to have the mind of Christ? Do you want to know the Lords will? Consider His thoughts as they were written down in the book for you. We call it scripture, but it is the very thoughts of our Lord. You get these Words in you and your heart and you will know the thoughts and will of the Great Almighty. You will have the mind of Christ.

:cross

That is a good response of your heart to these people. The Lord loves these people and died for them also. That they are Satanists is not something to be held against them. They are on the wrong path and a soul is at stake! The lord is not willing that any should perish. They need love, as you say and to know and experience the Lords love for them. Be cautious, and love the hell out of them.

Similarly, when a husband or wife cheats on their spouse, many will run to the pastor and ask advice. Almost every one would be advised to divorce them, and this is not right. You are not the victim if your wife cheats on you, she is! She has lost her way and is in need of love and spiritual guidance from the spiritual leader of the home! (I know, I know, one is able to lawfully divorce their wife for adultery, but this was a concession given to the people only, there is a better way to handle it.) So we must practice not being the victim when someone wrongs us, but to let the love of God flow through us and to help them get pack onto the straight and narrow. Are we to imitate Christ Jesus life? Are we to have the mind of Christ? Then forgive her (for she knows not what she does) and help her to repent and turn her heart back unto the Lord. Don't be offended and "righteously" turn on her...the devil will laigh his butt off while you go further from the Lord.

"Spiritual Diode", I like that brother! :)
Yes, I agree. We are in control of our minds, or can take control if need be. Sure, the enemy will whisper lies and hateful urges to us, but must take these thoughts captive and tell them NO. Consistently. Every time.

What are hateful words before you speak them? Hateful thoughts! Do not think hateful thoughts, this will change you. Just as our Lord said that he who commits adultery with a woman in his heart is guilty of the same, there is a huge lesson in here that we should pay attention to. If we think or dwell on sinful acts, this affects us in our heart. To have a sinful thought come to you, is not sin (it's the enemy)...but to entertain the idea, whatever it may be, is sin, and more importantly, it causes it to whoosh, down into our heart where it will affect us in a negative way. We will be judged by our very thoughts! For this is who we will become.

We are "born again" people of the Lord Jesus, and are looking forward to the promise of a renewing of the mind and heart. What? Do we think that a spiritual lightning bolt comes upon us and changes us? Nosiree, my brothers and sisters...The renewing of mind is effected by our own effort of meditating on the Lords words day and night, searching the scriptures daily, and praying for strength and help from our Lord. Then this effort goes Whoosh, down into our heart and affects us. renews us over time. Be careful what you think about! For all we know about the spiritual realm, our thoughts could in fact be tangible and very very real in the spirit world. We do not have to think about evil things, cast them down and think of heavenly things and scriptures. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Evil is like oil in a glass of water. We can change the way we think by displacing the evil with the Lords words. Search those scriptures daily until your cup runneth over and the evil pours out and is replaced by the Words of the Lord, His laws and precepts and all manner of righteousness.

What were the scriptures before they were written in a book for us? The very thoughts of God my brothers and sisters! Real? You bet! Do you want to have the mind of Christ? Do you want to know the Lords will? Consider His thoughts as they were written down in the book for you. We call it scripture, but it is the very thoughts of our Lord. You get these Words in you and your heart and you will know the thoughts and will of the Great Almighty. You will have the mind of Christ.

:cross

Thanks. Great post brother!

I believe that there are times, when it is right to pray out loud, and times when it is right to pray in silence.

As has been said, God knows our heart and thoughts, but satan cannot read our hearts or thoughts.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back