Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Product of our Enviroment

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
What or who are the influences in your life! What makes you a believer in those things you believe in! Do you follow a majority rule principle or do you seek out what is truth. I’m not asking questions here, but something to think about.

I am talking about how we as individuals read the word of God. For many years I believed everything that came out from the pulpit as I was under a majority rule teaching as every Pastor I ever heard taught the same thing. As I read along with the scriptures given it was by consistency of reasoning that I too believed in what was coming from the pulpit.

I believe now it is that consistency of reasoning that blinds us to the real truth of what God has already spoken, especially when I find myself questioning that of what I am hearing. Are we a product of our social environment or are we a product of Gods environment.

We can only teach others by the anointing of the Holy Spirit that teaches us all things and speaks through us. Many say they are under the anointing or that the Holy Spirit taught them, but are only using logic for their teachings and teach from a majority rule environment.

Let no man teach you unless you know they are under the anointing to do so and learn how to discern the spirits that speak as one is the Spirit of truth and the other the spirit of error. Take the scriptures that are given and allow the Holy Spirit reveal truth to you so you will not be blindsided by a deceptive teaching.

KJV
1John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

The Jerusalem Bible
1John 2:27 But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you and you do not need anyone to teach you. The anointing he gave teaches you everything. You are anointed with truth, not with a lie and as it has taught you so you must stay in him.

KJV
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Back