Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Prosperity preachers are prosperous. Why?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

I have threads on Prosperity Preachers. Some condemn this prosperity preaching thing. Some are okay with it. But why are all these prosperity preachers wealthy and prosperous? :biggrinunno :confused :shrug

...funny thing is, some of the people who are against prosperity preaching don't seem wealthy or rich enough. However majority (if not all) of the prosperity preachers are in all ways (or in one way or the other) prosperous, rich, wealthy etc :biggrinunno :confused :shrug

The Bible says give and it shall be given. We believe His Word and act on it in faith, in every area. Without faith we cannot please God. When a child of God gives to Him with the right motive, because we love Him, He takes care of His children..

...funny thing is, some of the people who are against prosperity preaching don't seem wealthy or rich enough. However majority (if not all) of the prosperity preachers are in all ways (or in one way or the other) prosperous, rich, wealthy etc :biggrinunno :confused :shrug

If they don't believe it , and if they are critical of others, thats two reasons they may not have as much. Some may be jealous, thats another thing. Now when you mention ' in all ways', you are on to something many miss. Alot of people just think of money, but God wants us to be prosperous in every way.

3 John 1:2 Beloved, I pray that in all things thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Right here he is speaking of spirit, body, and soul. God is a Spirit and we are made in His image, therefore we are a spirit. We have a mind ( will, emotions, intellect) and we live in a body.

What is our standard?
Every person would probably have a different opinion on that. To be prosperous does not necessarily always mean rich, but means we have more than enough so can give to others and still have plenty for our needs. We are blessed to be a blessing.

God is way beyond our standards, and can supply any need abundantly according to HIS riches not ours. So with a pure heart full of faith I guess we would find out what the standard would be for each of us

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." John 15:7

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. John 15:7
Yes. If we remain in fellowship with Him and His Word is alive in us, we would be yielding to God in our heart and ask for what He has promised and what pleases Him, instead of things that are wrong, or selfish. For instead, like asking to be a billionaire or asking for your neighbors wife :lol

James 4:3Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Because they are getting rich off of the people "sowing seeds" to them thinking they themselves are going to get a piece of the pie.

It is true that the Bible says give and it shall be given unto to you in Luke 16:38,

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

but it also says a few verses before that in Luke 6:35 give expecting nothing in return.

Luke 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Also, prosperity preachers usually avoid these verses

1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1Ti 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1Ti 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
1Ti 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
1Ti 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Because they are getting rich off of the people "sowing seeds" to them thinking they themselves are going to get a piece of the pie.

Not necessarily. Some may take from what was given for another purpose, but not all. Thats even true of non Christians. Many have their own businesses and people give to them because they want to.

It is true that the Bible says give and it shall be given unto to you in Luke 16:38,

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

but it also says a few verses before that in Luke 6:35 give expecting nothing in return.

Luke 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Also, prosperity preachers usually avoid these verses

1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1Ti 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1Ti 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
1Ti 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
1Ti 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
The greatest example of all from Jesus why God is in control.

John 19:8-11
8 When Pilate heard this, he was even more afraid, 9 and he went back inside the palace. “Where do you come from?” he asked Jesus, but Jesus gave him no answer. 10 “Do you refuse to speak to me?” Pilate said. “Don’t you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?”
11 Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”

Jesus makes it very clear who is in control!

They might be rich before they teach the prosperity 'gospel'. And to many people the prosperity gospel is attractive, and they are willing to give these preachers lots of money for it.

Also, I don't condemn prosperity preacher; I am not for it either. What I really want is that all would smile, wealthy and rich. :nod :biggrin

Back