Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] 'Pull the plug on the Darwin Delusion'

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Slevin said:
So then your definition of "more complex" is inadequate.

No, your understanding of evolution is incomplete and you are trying to make me appear as uneducated. At least, that is how I see it. A dog is certainly more complex than a cactus. A human is certainly more complex than a dog. I do not need a scientific explanation of that fact to inform me of that ---- though complexity and intelligence are hardly the same thing.

blunthitta4life said:
Yes those Creation "scientist."

Actually they are only interested in supporting the bible and disregard any evidence that doesn't support the bible.

I'm still waiting for you to show me how evolution is mathematically impossible. Perhaps you should check with some of those creation "scientist."

Actually, Creationist are holding themselves to GOD's standards rather than to the imaginings of men. I would suggest to you, that most CREATIONISTS are born-again Christians and therefore have witnessed the power of GOD working in, through, and around their lives ---- as well as, the lives of others who they have come to know to be fellow Christians. I know that you are still waiting for me to show you that evolution is mathematically impossible. The truth is, have you ever seen a mathematical explanation of evolution? They would be had pressed to demonstrate Dinosaurs becoming birds in 300 million years. Yet it is totally brilliant that a CREATOR GOD would design both the dinosaur and the bird fully mature and grown ---- along with Adam.

Actually, Creationist are holding themselves to GOD's standards rather than to the imaginings of men. I would suggest to you, that most CREATIONISTS are born-again Christians and therefore have witnessed the power of GOD working in, through, and around their lives ---- as well as, the lives of others who they have come to know to be fellow Christians.

Well that is the difference between faith and empiricalism. Creationism doesn't require any empirical evidence to be true. All you do is point at the bible and say "God created the Earth is way."

That is fine that you believe that and you should feel free to believe what you want. However, don't come here and try to disprove evolution by simply saying the Bible is infalible because believing in something doesn't make it true.

Science is concerned with what we can test with our own senses. We can't test the spiritual because you can only "feel" it with your heart.

I know that you are still waiting for me to show you that evolution is mathematically impossible. The truth is, have you ever seen a mathematical explanation of evolution?

Trying to turn the tables around because you realize you can't disprove evolution? Evolution has been around for 150 years and the evidence keeps on accumulating. If you could disprove evolution then you would become a very famous scientist.

I have used many mathematical equations to prove how evolution works, however there are very specific (like determining how much genetic variance is determined by the environment).

They would be had pressed to demonstrate Dinosaurs becoming birds in 300 million years. Yet it is totally brilliant that a CREATOR GOD would design both the dinosaur and the bird fully mature and grown ---- along with Adam.

So how is it that whatever caused the dinosaurs to go extinct didn't cause birds or humans to go extinct?

LittleNipper said:
No, your understanding of evolution is incomplete and you are trying to make me appear as uneducated. At least, that is how I see it. A dog is certainly more complex than a cactus. A human is certainly more complex than a dog. I do not need a scientific explanation of that fact to inform me of that ---- though complexity and intelligence are hardly the same thing.

How is my understanding of evolution incomplete?

Your application of complexity is a purely subjective one. You're the one who defined complexity as "highly intelligent...".

blunthitta4life said:
So how is it that whatever caused the dinosaurs to go extinct didn't cause birds or humans to go extinct?

You cannot disprove the Bible... The Bible has been recorded over thousands of years.

We do not know how old dinosaurs lived to be. We do not know how mush they needed to eat. Why does anything go extinct? I'm sure I would not want an elephant in my garden ---- much less a dinosaur.

Slevin said:
How is my understanding of evolution incomplete?

Your application of complexity is a purely subjective one. You're the one who defined complexity as "highly intelligent...".

You are not showing, that totally functioning and environmentally affective innumerable intermediate organisms MUST have existed for each and every life form alive today, and those which also went extinct. This is something evolutionists cannot do.

Look how arrogant you are:

You cannot disprove the Bible... The Bible has been recorded over thousands of years.

We do not know how old dinosaurs lived to be. We do not know how mush they needed to eat.

Actually anthropologist are able to tell the ages of animals based on bones. Is is kind of like a tree ring. CSI does the same thing with human bones.

Each organism has a physical amount of food it can eat before it gets sick, so while we don't know the exact amount, we can estimate. I'm not sure what the relevance of that was?

Why does anything go extinct?

Asteroids, meteorites, climate change, loss of food, loss of habitat, etc.

LittleNipper said:
You are not showing, that totally functioning and environmentally affective innumerable intermediate organisms MUST have existed for each and every life form alive today, and those which also went extinct. This is something evolutionists cannot do.

Where am I claiming that "totally functioning" (?) and "environmentally affective" (?) innumberable (?) intermediate organisms Must have existed for each and every life form alive today, and those which also went extinct"?

blunthitta4life said:
Look how arrogant you are:
Asteroids, meteorites, climate change, loss of food, loss of habitat, etc.

If I were arrogant, I'd have told you that I wrote the Bible. I did not. I simply believe what GOD said matter of factly. He says there was a FLOOD. Then there must have been a FLOOD. HE said it destroyed everything that walked and breathed on the land. I believe it. He said the whole world was covered, even over the highest of hills. I believe it. Are you calling GOD arrogant or me stupid for accepting what HE said so plainly?

Most events that kill living things, do not leave fossils for anyone to find, or everything would leave behind an imprint, bones, etc......

If I were arrogant, I'd have told you that I wrote the Bible. I did not. I simply believe what GOD said matter of factly. He says there was a FLOOD. Then there must have been a FLOOD. HE said it destroyed everything that walked and breathed on the land. I believe it. He said the whole world was covered, even over the highest of hills. I believe it. Are you calling GOD arrogant or me stupid for accepting what HE said so plainly?

I'm calling you arrogant because you think somehow claiming the bible to be infallible makes you right. That is fine that you have faith in what you believe but that in NO WAY makes you absolutely right. Before you try and turn this around on me just know that I have never claimed to be absolutely right like you.

Most events that kill living things, do not leave fossils for anyone to find, or everything would leave behind an imprint, bones, etc......

Fossils usually form during catastrophic events... so trying to say there isn't any evidence for events that would cause massive extinctions is just plain false.

Meteorites and asteroids leave a thin layer of irrodium, which is an element that is very rare, that is solid evidence of impacts.

I'd like to see the numbers that show a dog is more complex than a cactus.

Or is it just sort of an opinion or a gut feeling?

blunthitta4life said:
Fossils usually form during catastrophic events... so trying to say there isn't any evidence for events that would cause massive extinctions is just plain false.

Meteorites and asteroids leave a thin layer of irrodium, which is an element that is very rare, that is solid evidence of impacts.

I'm not saying that there is not any evidence for massive extinction. I'm saying that the evidence has been largely misapplied by people who accept Uniformitarianistic principles and evolution.

Meteorites likely hit the earth just before the FLOOD, during the FLOOD, and for years after the FLOOD. I do not disagree.

The Barbarian said:
I'd like to see the numbers that show a dog is more complex than a cactus.

Or is it just sort of an opinion or a gut feeling?

Can a cactus walk?
Can a cactus bark?
Does a Cactus have eyes?

I would say it is logic and not a gut feeling, but you are free to accept what you are told.

LittleNipper said:
Can a cactus walk?
Can a cactus bark?
Does a Cactus have eyes?

I would say it is logic and not a gut feeling, but you are free to accept what you are told.

No but can a dog do anything a cactus can?

I'm saying that the evidence has been largely misapplied by people who accept Uniformitarianistic principles and evolution.

Elaborate please. Explaining how these concepts have been misapplied.

So it's pretty much just an opinion. I would certainly like anyone who understands complexity, to show me the numbers for a plant and a dog, and to show me which is more complex.

As I just said elsewhere, links printed are half of what was typed, & don't work :oops:

I'll try to copy what was printed into site search & see if that works.. 8-)

No: even that doesn't work :crazyeyes:

I'll try & trawl thru the menu here & flag 'em up one by one - but it may well take days - maybe other readers feel the call to try? :infinity:

Meanwhile, do see the many learned articles, books, CDs, DVDs etc @ http://www.discovery.org/csc - as I have to run for a bus now :lol:

Enjoy the weekend, y'all!

Ian :-D

If you don't understand it well enough to explain it, what makes you think it's right?

When you understand what you believe, come back and tell us about it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back