Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Question about God

Itachi

I would be terribly interested to know that how is it possible that god is with 8 billion people at the same time and helps them, feels it and so on.How is it possible that if 8 billion people ask for god's help at the same time with something, how can he count them all at once?? I will be glad for an explanation.

... that's like asking an ameba how a car runs.

... with God there is no succession of moments, He is eternal ... this is beyond our comprehension.

Aside: Maybe you should work on something easier like two winning lottery numbers

As he that makes a lock knows the wards of it; he that makes any curious piece of arras, knows how he sets the various colors together, and how many threads went to each division in the web; he that makes a watch, having the idea of the whole work in his mind, knows the motions of it, and the reason of those motions ... so God knows all things as He has created all things and preserves all things. Stephen Charnock for the most part

I would be terribly interested to know that how is it possible that god is with 8 billion people at the same time and helps them, feels it and so on.How is it possible that if 8 billion people ask for god's help at the same time with something, how can he count them all at once?? I will be glad for an explanation.

The honest answer is that we don't know how God is able to listen to every person's prayers, weave there conflicting desires, requests etc into his plan for the world and still be able to pour unimaginable love onto his people.

That said God is not part of his creation.
You will not find a place in the universe where God is.
God is supernatural, that means he is out side of the laws of nature, is not in creation or in time.
Do some research as to how big the universe is and think, this enormous universe was created by God and vast as it is, God is bigger than it.

Because God is greater than his creation, because he is not bound by creation he is able to be aware of every prayer, every need, every living thing.

Our limited human minds make it difficult to fathom God's vastness. He exists outside of time and this universe. As for answered prayer, He always answers every prayer, though it is not always the answers we are looking for, but He does answer every prayer.

Instead of trying to understand how God can watch over every person on this planet, we should be more concerned with His plan for us. For insight into this, we merely need to read the bible and pray for Him to reveal His will for us.

The honest answer is that we don't know how God is able to listen to every person's prayers, weave there conflicting desires, requests etc into his plan for the world and still be able to pour unimaginable love onto his people.

And that my friend is a honest answer. Some things we don't know yet people will try and give a reason, can take a guess and have an argument over it but the truth is no one knows. Whenever someone asks a question about God everyone seems to always have an answer when just being honest and saying I don't know is good enough. Nowhere in the scriptures does it say we are all knowing, we think we know.

Last edited:
Think of it this way. 8 billion people is a small thing given the size of the universe He created. ::)

Did you know that even the number of the hairs on your head are numbered :) ? What an awesome God we serve :dancing !

6Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?

7But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

8Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

9But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

First, God is a Spirit, not flesh and blood and we can not perceive Him like we would a human. God is omnipresent which means He, unlike humans, is capable of being present everywhere at the same time. God's divine presence encompasses the whole of the universe. Psalms 139.

Good question Tobi, Did you get your answer?

Love, Walter And Debbie

I dont understand how some people think the earth is over populated. 8 billion people could fit inside New York city.
Ok I'll give this a try. Most of the earth is water, not land. The North and South poles are imo not able to be inhabited). Not many people inhabit the Sahara Desert (or other deserts for that matter).And then there's the matter of mountain ranges. Agreed, some people live on mountains, but as far as I know there are no subdivisions on the face of a mountain.

So that means the available land for people to live on this planet is relatively limited. So I can see where some areas of the planet are over-populated relative to the available space.

NoahK we also have to take in consideration the ratio of how many are born in one day compared to how many have died on that same day. There are approximately 8,019,876,189 living on earth this year alone.

He is omniscient and omnipotent and omnipresent. That means He can listen to all the prayer requests of all people at all time. That doesn't mean that He answers all prayers, though.

Revelation 4:4......there are 24 who wear the Crowns of Heaven, they sit in council with God.....elders who assist God in all things.

While there are 8 billion+ people standing on this earth....only about 2 billion claim some form of Christianity.....and if you believe the "Christian view"; only the Christians Prayers would be acknowledged, only Christians are eligible to go to Heaven.

I have reason to believe the "mind" of God is infinite, and He holds an awareness of all things; and Prayers that are not self-serving are indeed acknowledged.

Back